Solution to the oil/gas crisis:

Hotcorner

Work 5 minutes away from home. I haven't been to the gas station for two weeks now.

I highly recommend it! :hat

Seriously, I'm in heaven. Sometimes it seems silly that we pout & whine so much over an increase of a dime per gallon or whatever when it doesn't amount to a whole lot in the long run.... & meanwhile things like property taxes go through the roof....

but nevertheless, this rocks.

I've freed up almost an extra hour & a half every day that I'm not spending on the road. (my job in Ft. Laud was a 45 minute drive each way) That's more time to spend with my baby boy, catching up on news, sleeping in, wasting time on mb.com, whatever.

:happydance

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Work 5 minutes away from home. I haven't been to the gas station for two weeks now.

Seriously, I'm in heaven. Sometimes it seems silly that we pout & whine so much over an increase of a dime per gallon or whatever when it doesn't amount to a whole lot in the long run.... & meanwhile things like property taxes go through the roof....

I've freed up almost an extra hour & a half every day that I'm not spending on the road. (my job in Ft. Laud was a 45 minute drive each way) That's more time to spend with my baby boy, catching up on news, sleeping in, wasting time on mb.com, whatever.

When you said that you had moved a while ago, I thought you meant that you moved out of state.

If you live so close, why don't you ride a bike? Or better yet get a segue...

That would rock.

Or we could just convert to ethanol.

When you said that you had moved a while ago, I thought you meant that you moved out of state.

If you live so close, why don't you ride a bike? Or better yet get a segue...

That would rock.

Nah, just up to Jacksonville. (Which is another state basically, but nevertheless...)

It's not really bike-riding territory... & it's more like 10 minutes by car actually, I probably stretched that a bit, but it seems like 10 seconds to me based on what I had to drive before.