Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Nick Saban Thread

Featured Replies

Cowher in Miami would be interesting.

 

Would never happen. Not this season.

 

I think he takes at least one season off.

Agreed. Doubtful.

 

Though that would be f***ing fantastic.

Cowher's whole thing is that he wants to either get some leeway time to visit his family during the season or he wants to end up closer to them. They live in Carolina so I think the Panthers job would be his ideal fit. He may wait a year to see if Fox gets fired. Or he looks for a job on the east coast that lets him visit in Carolina. Wayne might let him have that leeway while paying him the big bucks.

Cowher will take a year off with his family and his contract has a year left as well.

 

 

Bobby Patrino (sp) of Louisville would be an interesting canidate. Specially if we can draft Brohm from them. Keep Capers on defense, put Mike Shula in as the O.C. and keep our current GM.

 

of course I would love to snag Jimmy out of retirement to be our GM. He is great with player decisions.

Edit:False Alarm.... I thought i heard them say he was leaving

 

Anyways IMO he's as good as gone and i dont give a damn......

My opinions of recent events.

 

Nick is gone, and I hope the door hits him on the way out. Lying scumbag. Even if he didnt take the job I would like to see him gone anyways.

 

 

Some canidates:

Ron Rivera - D.C. of the Bears, great coach and could be interesting.

 

Cameron - O.C. of the S.D. chargers, a good offensive coach and works well with Houck

 

Bobby Patrino (sp) - Louisville head coach, very offensive minded. Add him and Capers together and you have a good combo.

 

O.C. Canidates

I wouldnt mind giving a chance with Mike Shula as an O.C. He is a good offensive minded coach and would be a good choice to fill in that position. Specially if we signed Ron Rivera.

 

For draft ideas the following are my choices personally.

If Jarrett or Brohm are there then I take either one of them. Both I think will be studs in the NFL. Barring that take the best player available as long as it isnt a DE, RT or a RB. Every other position on this team can use an upgrade.

 

I want either a LT or an OG/C in the draft. Perhaps both in the draft if we can swipe something like Beekman. I would rather snag a CB/S in FA honestly then through the draft, we have alot of young players in the secondary. We need depth there.

 

Now if we get Rivera it might help us getting Adalius Thomas well.

O.C. Canidates

I wouldnt mind giving a chance with Mike Shula as an O.C. He is a good offensive minded coach and would be a good choice to fill in that position. Specially if we signed Ron Rivera.

 

Did you watch Mike Shula's offenses at Alabama? They were terrible. No way in hell should we even consider hiring him as OC.

Good bye......

You wont me missed......

thanks for nothing and leaving us with a big mess on out hands....

What an unprofessional scumbag. I don't have much to say about this result, but the last two years have been an awful waste.

 

We're getting way too old on defense, our offense isn't much better, and the coaching stank.

What's the deal with Charlie Weiss. Any chance we can sneak into Notre Dame late at night and steal him?

 

If there's any job Weiss leaves ND for, it's the Giants job. He's said it's his dream job, but I think he's committed to ND right now. I doubt he goes anywhere.

 

I don't think once you're a millionaire money should be the issue.

 

I'd take Pete Carroll and Jim Tressel's godhood in their respective programs over the bulls*** you have to put up with in the NFL. Saban at Alabama could reach those heights, potentially.

 

Funny you should mention Tressel -- Mike and Mike in the Morning said there's rumors of a clause in Tressel's contract that would let him opt out if he win a National Title. And he might be considering it so he can coach the Browns.

Kind of sad he didn't have the guts to tell Huizenga to his face...

 

Hopefully we get a capable replacement who actually wants to coach in the NFL

Jon Gruden ...... i've heard he wants out of tampa but wants to stay in fl.....

He is under contract and I am not giving up picks for him.

 

I would rather get Petrino from Louisville (doubt a college coach), Cahman from SD's O.C. (friends with Houck too and supposedly Capers), Rivera from the Bears would be great down here too.

Hes gone they just said it.

Did you honestly expect less? Dudes a joke. I was hoping he would say no to the 'Bama job and get fired or something. There was no way he could stay, and no excuse for him to just delay it. Say your leaving and go.

Kind of sad he didn't have the guts to tell Huizenga to his face...

 

Hopefully we get a capable replacement who actually wants to coach in the NFL

 

eeerrr i guess he did...still sucks because now we gotta go through the whole new defense/offense thing again and there's going to be the adjustment period

This only reinforces my belief that Huizenga is a garbageman.

Not his fault, he hired the guy that everyone in the NFL wanted and had been after for years. He hired the guy that was considered the best canidate around by most of the NFL.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.