Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anyone have any travel plans this year?

Featured Replies

Sunday, im going to dc for a week, then feb 10th im going to dc for another week. Then end of feburary im going to England, France, Ireland, and Scottland for 10 days. Then the day after i get back from that trip im going skiing for 8 days. Then June im going to Israel (for my second time!), July relaxing at my cousins lake house, August israel with the family. November, probablly up to orlando for my birthday, its the big one this year. December, Road trip for new years.

  • Author

I found this site yesterday. www.site59.com

 

Its acutally really good. Its only for last min deals like within the next 10 days but you can find some SICK deals. The prices include air, hotel and taxes. You can also do international destinations.

 

Just playing around leaving tomorrow I found 3 nights in: Indy for $213, Columbus, OH $230, DC and Chicago $235.

My travel opportunities are quite limited this year.

 

Going to Epcot on Saturday to drink around the world, but that's all I have on the horizon.

My travel opportunities are quite limited this year.

 

Going to Epcot on Saturday to drink around the world, but that's all I have on the horizon.

nothing wrong with that! I hope to go to Disney sometime soon, to make some new memories because the only ones I have are with my ex.

back and forth to back home (bahamas).. maybe again in a few weeks.. then again in april... june.. etc..

 

taking a mini excursion down into the keys this weekend..

I found this site yesterday. www.site59.com

 

Its acutally really good. Its only for last min deals like within the next 10 days but you can find some SICK deals. The prices include air, hotel and taxes. You can also do international destinations.

 

Just playing around leaving tomorrow I found 3 nights in: Indy for $213, Columbus, OH $230, DC and Chicago $235.

That site really kicks ass. :thumbup

 

Thanks for the heads up. I may travel a little more this year.

I'm doing the interview thing right now. In order, the places I've visited since December:

 

Boston

Los Angeles

Cleveland

Houston

Boston/Cambridge again

New Hampshire

 

And in the next couple of weeks, I'll be going to:

 

Atlanta

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

New York

 

maybe Chicago

maybe Virginia

maybe back to LA

maybe Gainesville

 

 

So yeah, I'm spending mad cash and collecting mad mileage.

What part of New Hampshire did you go to, alky?

I drove all over the state (which is so gorgeous it's ridiculous), though my interview was in the Hanover/Lebanon area, where I spent most of my time.

 

I also went around Manchester (where I flew in and out of), drove to the Boston area for an interview, and drove to Tilton, NH for some tax-free outlet shopping.

 

I took lots of pictures of beautiful mountains and trees and rivers and stuff.

What part of New Hampshire did you go to, alky?

I drove all over the state (which is so gorgeous it's ridiculous), though my interview was in the Hanover/Lebanon area, where I spent most of my time.

 

I also went around Manchester (where I flew in and out of), drove to the Boston area for an interview, and drove to Tilton, NH for some tax-free outlet shopping.

 

I took lots of pictures of beautiful mountains and trees and rivers and stuff.

 

Yes it is. It's a well kept secret. Hanover and Lebanon are pretty good places, Manchester is a cool city although the scenery there isn't that great. If you're ever up there for a good clip of time, drive to Coos County, it's the northern most county. My dad had the privilege of growing up in a town called Colebrook up there. Just walking around in that town is amazing, skipping rocks on the brook, looking at the huge mountain right over the Vermont Border. Drive up Route 3, take it all the way to the Canadian border. If you do it on a nice day, and during the autumn, it will be the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.

 

 

I love that state, and to top it off, it's full of gorgeous girls and really nice people. Spending time up there during the summer is the greatest thing. I am really, really, interested in moving up there.

I'll be in Chicago from March 1st-March 5th to see the lead singer of Wilco perform for a crowd of about 30 people. Should be awesome.

No Baltimore? :|

 

(actually, I'm half serious)

Nope. Those a**holes didn't want me.

 

Yes it is. It's a well kept secret. Hanover and Lebanon are pretty good places, Manchester is a cool city although the scenery there isn't that great. If you're ever up there for a good clip of time, drive to Coos County, it's the northern most county. My dad had the privilege of growing up in a town called Colebrook up there. Just walking around in that town is amazing, skipping rocks on the brook, looking at the huge mountain right over the Vermont Border. Drive up Route 3, take it all the way to the Canadian border. If you do it on a nice day, and during the autumn, it will be the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.

 

 

I love that state, and to top it off, it's full of gorgeous girls and really nice people. Spending time up there during the summer is the greatest thing. I am really, really, interested in moving up there.

Nice. I was originally planning on driving up to around Franconia Notch, which is a little south of there, but I didn't have enough time.

 

I wasn't expecting it, but I totally fell in love with the place. I don't know if I'd want to settle down up there, but I certainly wouldn't mind living there for a few years. Right now I'm trying to rectify that with my prior plan of going off to a big city to train.

No Baltimore? :|

 

(actually, I'm half serious)

Nope. Those a**holes didn't want me.

I wouldn't be too upset over it. This city is a dump.

That's what I've heard, though I doubt many places could compare to Philadelphia in terms of dumpiness.

 

Philly has to be America's toilet.

I'm going to Maui next month,Seattle and NYC in April and either Colorado or Las Vegas later this summer/fall.

No Baltimore? :|

 

(actually, I'm half serious)

Nope. Those a**holes didn't want me.

 

Yes it is. It's a well kept secret. Hanover and Lebanon are pretty good places, Manchester is a cool city although the scenery there isn't that great. If you're ever up there for a good clip of time, drive to Coos County, it's the northern most county. My dad had the privilege of growing up in a town called Colebrook up there. Just walking around in that town is amazing, skipping rocks on the brook, looking at the huge mountain right over the Vermont Border. Drive up Route 3, take it all the way to the Canadian border. If you do it on a nice day, and during the autumn, it will be the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.

 

 

I love that state, and to top it off, it's full of gorgeous girls and really nice people. Spending time up there during the summer is the greatest thing. I am really, really, interested in moving up there.

Nice. I was originally planning on driving up to around Franconia Notch, which is a little south of there, but I didn't have enough time.

 

I wasn't expecting it, but I totally fell in love with the place. I don't know if I'd want to settle down up there, but I certainly wouldn't mind living there for a few years. Right now I'm trying to rectify that with my prior plan of going off to a big city to train.

 

 

Franconia Notch is a fantastic drive, even if it's Interstate.

 

I'm looking at teaching in the Merrimack County Public School system when I'm done with undergrad. It's right in the middle of the state, there are a lot of fantastic lakes, and it's not too far from Concord.

 

The only drawback of NH is the winters. They're long and very cold.

maybe jamaica later this year, i really dont know if its gonna happen though.

  • Author

maybe jamaica later this year, i really dont know if its gonna happen though.

 

check spirit air because they have announce deals to jamaica all the time. I was "this" close to buy a ticket a year and half ago for $125 round trip but then our plans fell through.

I'll be on my way to Tallahassee for a one day board meeting the first weekend of February, and a convention the last weekend of March in Orlando.

 

Fun times.

Going to Hawaii in the Summer....then Cali...every year we do a 2 week trip somewhere....ive seen pretty much the entire US of A and Spain

more specifically....Maui to surf....do a zipline....and hike a volcano, LA going to see a Dodgers game....Hollywood to see the sign....Santa Barbra and other cities (its still in the works)

Going to Hawaii in the Summer....

Hawaii is pretty much the greatest place ever. Try to get in some scuba in Maui if you can. :thumbup

 

I just got back from Stowe, VT for a "ski" trip. It was really icy and more like spring skiing conditions - which is really bad - but we still had fun because it is a nice area.

 

I'm leaving for another ski trip in Colorado in a couple of weeks. Going to be spending a week in Breckinridge. Lots of pow pow makes me smile!

 

We have a week in Kauai lined up for the end of May and we're trying to get a backpacking trip together for New Zealand in December. I'll be sprinkling a couple of trips to NYC in there and my annual trip to Cooperstown for HOF day. Oh - and a camping trip in Maine in either July or August.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.