Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eddie Jones Returns

Featured Replies

Per ESPN.

 

No prblem at all bringing Eddie back in a reserve role, but it does give the Heat a number of similar players...Eddie, Posey, Wright, Kapono. You'd have to think Posey and his expiring contract is the most likely to be moved.

Nothing wrong with the move, obviously. If he can still play great D, then he's a solid addition. If he can't, then this is probably meaningless, since Posey and Kapono are better shooters.

I'm a huge EJ fan so I would welcome him back even if it was just to sit on the bench all season.

 

Nice addition.

Good to see Eddie back. I'm thinking he can contribute now more than he did in 04-05 seeing how he's not going to be the 3rd option, but maybe the 5th or 6th. Good pick up. I never wanted him out of town to begin with, but you can't argue with the results that the trade brought along with it. :thumbup

 

EDIT: Jones is most likely to join Dallas according to The Herald.

  • Author

Good to see Eddie back. I'm thinking he can contribute now more than he did in 04-05 seeing how he's not going to be the 3rd option, but maybe the 5th or 6th. Good pick up. I never wanted him out of town to begin with, but you can't argue with the results that the trade brought along with it. :thumbup

 

EDIT: Jones is most likely to join Dallas according to The Herald.

 

I read that as well. So ESPN says Heat, and the Herald says maybe Dallas. I'm going with the ESPN source for now. The Mavs don't really make much sense for Jones. They have a lot of depth at the 2 and 3 positions. Given that he's from South Florida, played here for years, and the Heat's current need for backcourt help, he seems like a natural fit. You never know though. I'm waiting to see Ira Winderman's take.

T FOR TEMPLE U!

Met him once at the Hard Rock before he got traded, real nice guy.

 

Good poker player, too... He won two tournaments in a row when I was there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.