Cabrera's Arbitration Hearing

pierremvp1

I'll go on record as predicting that Cabs will win his arbitration. My only comment is that his agents did him a disservice in not putting in a higher number. 9-10 Million would have been interesting.

Exactly my point. What can the Marlins say about Cabrera (other than the FanFest fiasco)? What, that he can't pitch?

I'll go on record as predicting that Cabs will win his arbitration. My only comment is that his agents did him a disservice in not putting in a higher number. 9-10 Million would have been interesting.

A few days ago you said somehting similar and I thought you were a bit off but after thinking about it I tend to agree because Teixeira will make over $9 million this year and Miguel can use Teixeira's salary as a base for his salary. I think he'll win and I REALLY hope he wins.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

A few days ago you said somehting similar and I thought you were a bit off but after thinking about it I tend to agree because Teixeira will make over $9 million this year and Miguel can use Teixeira's salary as a base for his salary. I think he'll win and I REALLY hope he wins.

Hasn't Teixeira been in the league one year longer than Cabrera, thus making the two situations not comparable?

Hasn't Teixeira been in the league one year longer than Cabrera, thus making the two situations not comparable?

Teixeira only has a couple of months more of service time. Cabrera can use him for comparison.

===========================

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/...out-arbitration

The Really Important Thing to Remember

According to the Basic Agreement, an arbitrator is supposed to consider several things when deciding upon a case. Most importantly, he/she is directed to consider:

• The player's contribution to his team
  • His previous salary
  • The salaries of players in a similar class

The last two points are extremely important -- in arbitration, players are not all equal. When making a case for a player, the arbitrators are instructed to consider only the salaries of players with the same amount of major league experience, or one year more.

Marlins | Cabrera ruling expected Saturday

Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:13:07 -0800

Updating previous reports, arbitrators Howard Block, Stephen Goldberg and Elliott Shriftman are expected to issue a ruling in the case of Florida Marlins 3B Miguel Cabrera on Saturday, Feb. 17, according to the Associated Press. If he wins, Cabrera, who is seeking $7.4 million, would receive the third-highest salary ever in an arbitration ruling. Atlanta Braves OF Andruw Jones received $8.2 million when he defeated the team in 2001, and former Washington Nationals OF Alfonso Soriano received $8.2 million when he lost to the team in 2006.

Source: KFFL.com

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.