Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cabrera's Arbitration Hearing

Featured Replies

I'll go on record as predicting that Cabs will win his arbitration. My only comment is that his agents did him a disservice in not putting in a higher number. 9-10 Million would have been interesting.

I'll go on record as predicting that Cabs will win his arbitration. My only comment is that his agents did him a disservice in not putting in a higher number. 9-10 Million would have been interesting.

Exactly my point. What can the Marlins say about Cabrera (other than the FanFest fiasco)? What, that he can't pitch?

When is the hearing precisely(as in what time)? When will we hear the results?

 

My vote is that Cabrera wins.

Personally, as I've said all along, since this process is game-planned by really competent consultants on both sides, essentially the Marlins' argument will be he is the greatest player in the world and we propose to pay him everything he ought to get in his first year of arbitration.

When is the hearing precisely(as in what time)? When will we hear the results?

 

My vote is that Cabrera wins.

 

It's still in progress.

It would be a crime if he doesn't win.....

 

He deserves way more than what he's asking for.....

 

Cheap Bastards......

 

He'll be in Yankee pinstripes soon......

I'll go on record as predicting that Cabs will win his arbitration. My only comment is that his agents did him a disservice in not putting in a higher number. 9-10 Million would have been interesting.

A few days ago you said somehting similar and I thought you were a bit off but after thinking about it I tend to agree because Teixeira will make over $9 million this year and Miguel can use Teixeira's salary as a base for his salary. I think he'll win and I REALLY hope he wins.

I'll go on record as predicting that Cabs will win his arbitration. My only comment is that his agents did him a disservice in not putting in a higher number. 9-10 Million would have been interesting.

A few days ago you said somehting similar and I thought you were a bit off but after thinking about it I tend to agree because Teixeira will make over $9 million this year and Miguel can use Teixeira's salary as a base for his salary. I think he'll win and I REALLY hope he wins.

Hasn't Teixeira been in the league one year longer than Cabrera, thus making the two situations not comparable?

I'll go on record as predicting that Cabs will win his arbitration. My only comment is that his agents did him a disservice in not putting in a higher number. 9-10 Million would have been interesting.

A few days ago you said somehting similar and I thought you were a bit off but after thinking about it I tend to agree because Teixeira will make over $9 million this year and Miguel can use Teixeira's salary as a base for his salary. I think he'll win and I REALLY hope he wins.

Hasn't Teixeira been in the league one year longer than Cabrera, thus making the two situations not comparable?

Teixeira only has a couple of months more of service time. Cabrera can use him for comparison.

 

===========================

 

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/...out-arbitration

 

The Really Important Thing to Remember

 

According to the Basic Agreement, an arbitrator is supposed to consider several things when deciding upon a case. Most importantly, he/she is directed to consider:

  • The player's contribution to his team
  • His previous salary
  • The salaries of players in a similar class

The last two points are extremely important -- in arbitration, players are not all equal. When making a case for a player, the arbitrators are instructed to consider only the salaries of players with the same amount of major league experience, or one year more.

  • Author

Just curious. For those more in the know than I, when was the last time a player of Cabrera's ability or close gone to arbitration in the first year? Has it ever happened before?

Still waiting. Any word on the outcome? I'm really curious how this turns out. Cabs appears very disatisfied here in FL. I say we give him the money and keep him happy until he bolts when he becomes a FA. He is the key to the offense.

This is a three day weekend coming up so the situation is different but I believe Gregg was heard on the 12th and announced on the 13th. You would have to think though they would rather finish their work tonight and be done with it.

Would have been great if he wore this to the hearing...

 

 

Is that shirt for real?? I'm getting that asap to wear at work.

Marlins | Cabrera ruling expected Saturday

Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:13:07 -0800

 

Updating previous reports, arbitrators Howard Block, Stephen Goldberg and Elliott Shriftman are expected to issue a ruling in the case of Florida Marlins 3B Miguel Cabrera on Saturday, Feb. 17, according to the Associated Press. If he wins, Cabrera, who is seeking $7.4 million, would receive the third-highest salary ever in an arbitration ruling. Atlanta Braves OF Andruw Jones received $8.2 million when he defeated the team in 2001, and former Washington Nationals OF Alfonso Soriano received $8.2 million when he lost to the team in 2006.

Source: KFFL.com

Gregg's arbitration results came out a little after noon (our time) the next day so I would imagine we can more or less expect the same in Cabrera's case.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.