With apologies to Marlins2003, here are tonight's lineups

Ramp

also, Willingham is like 0 for his life vs Hudson...

Amezaga

Uggla

Ramirez

Cabrera

Ross

Boone

Olivo

Borchard

Olsen

No clue why managers insist upon leading off guys who stink just because they are small and speedy. Anyway, even though this isn't what he meant, Marlins2003 did say he thought Ramirez would hit 3rd at some point this season. So kudos to you.

Get Hermida healthy and he can lead off.

As I'm sure its been said before, I could think of worse things than a lineup of Hermida, Uggla, Hanley, Cabs, Willy, Jacobs, Olivo, De Aza/Ross/Amezaga/Borchard

Either lineup is fine with me, when all are healthy.

If Amezaga can have some good ABs, make the pitcher work and make contact, I dont have a problem with this for this game... definitely dont want to see it over an extended period of time.

With the way Boone is swinging, why not lead him off during this time of injuries?

why not Amezega? we dont have anyone else there to leadoff. He's capable of a decent OBP and can take the extra base in the right situations. There's other reasons for having him there...for example he has excellent baserunning skills. Most of time he won't run you out of an inning. That has value in front of the big sticks.

At first glance, I thought it was a good move to get more speed at the top and hopefully more rbi opportunities for Hanley and Miguel. But Alfredo does strikeout a lot, and Hudson is a strikeout pitcher. I think Amezega will have 2 K's tonight and will probably be pinch hit for late in the game if it is close.

At first glance, I thought it was a good move to get more speed at the top and hopefully more rbi opportunities for Hanley and Miguel. But Alfredo does strikeout a lot, and Hudson is a strikeout pitcher. I think Amezega will have 2 K's tonight and will probably be pinch hit for late in the game if it is close.

Amezega has one of the lowest strikeout rates on the club and has never been someone who strikes out too much.

What a stupid move. His OBP this season so far is 100 points lower than it should be to warrant leading off.

How are you able to call this stupid and make that judgement after 49AB?

In fairness to Fredo, he is hitting a respectable .278 batting first (5/18) this season.. and looking at this career splits, is a much better hitter leading off (.284/.331) than anywhere else in the lineup.

I'm interested to know why people dont like the move.. is it because you'd rather see someone else leading off not named Hanley (with this group) or because you want Hanley leading off? I would obviously guess the latter since there arent any other viable options.

Thank you Ramp for the kudos and when Miggy gets healthy I wouldn't be surprised, in fact I'm hoping Ramirez hits BEHIND Cabrera. For those who think Ramirez will get less at bats, while I understand leading off you usually get the most, if the lineup becomes more productive he may see as many at bats but for another reason.

We'll see in a couple of hours but if AA doeshis thing, Uggla coming up with Ramirez and then Cabrera isn't the worst 1-4 in the world. Need to do something to combat Hudson.

Amezaga isn't an established enough ballplayer to use career numbers for justification here.

Why can you use 49AB from this young season, but I cant use 300AB from last season where he hit 297/358 vs RHP? I dont follow. Who would you like leading off today?

I dont see why Amezega at the top is a such a big issue...a "stupid" move? c'mon Maybe he wont deserve to be there at some point, but I think for now it's fine.

Amezaga isn't an established enough ballplayer to use career numbers for justification here.

But 49 ABs is enough?

Look, I'm not all for this move, (i'd rather whether the storm with hanley leading off for now and make the move when and if Hermida is healthy and if he can prove to get on base at a high clip).. but that was a pretty contradictory statement.

At least Ross is in the lineup

well, he's 217/280/478 against RHP...and his splits are fairly established. He's good for some pop against either hand though, so that's good.

Hudson is a very tough matchup. We really gotta pray Olsen gets his sh*t together today.....a bunch of the Braves are really good at hitting LHP.

Thats fine.... i respect your opinion, just trying to stick up for him a little.

Like I said, I'd rather try this experiment when Hermida is fully healthy. But, it seems obvious to me Fredi is just seeing how Hanley will react to the lineup change for future reference.. (and it should be very interesting). With him seeing how he handles it (and trying to get more pop in the middle), I would have rather have tried Boone leading off (i know his K/BB is terrible but I say ride the hot bat while its going). But I think Alfredo leading off for this experiment isnt the worst thing in the world. He's shown he can make the pitcher work, which in itself is nice, and that he can draw a walk. If he can do that tonight, he should be an okay job.