Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

12 wins

Featured Replies

We usually sink to our lowest point around Mother's Day.

 

Will this year be better than even 1997 where we had to coast to the playoffs as the Wildcard?

Nice, took us half the time this season. We need to go on a tear starting at the end of May early June and carry us through to September when we face the NL East all month.

At different points this year, we'll be adding 2 SP, a RF, a CF, and an arm or two to the pen all for free.

 

We'll be fine.

So how sweet was tonight's save for Henry Owens with Omar looking on from his skybox? :D

 

 

That trade almost makes up for the Jorge Julio experience. :thumbup

So how sweet was tonight's save for Henry Owens with Omar looking on from his skybox? :D

It was one of those semi-saves, but early on it is looking like the Owens/Lindstrom trade is one that Minaya will have to wash down with plenty of scotch and Peter Luger steak.

 

I just hope the pitching comes around before the bats cool off.

Debbie Downer......at least your pessimism is consistent.

Dontrelle is pitching like the starter version of Jorge Julio, Uggla has turned into Reggie Abercrombie, Cabrera's lazy defense is going to cost us at least 50 games this year, Fredi manages the bullpen like an 8 year old girl, Hermida won't be worth a damn when he's healthy, De Aza will be lucky to be batting above .050 by the time the season is over, and Billy the Marlin acts like a damn fool.

 

What's that? We are 12-13 after an 11-31 start last year? Hmph, we should be undefeated, if only Borchard, Olivo, and Hanley were batting 1.000, we would be, too!

 

 

The stadium is 3/4 empty, not 1/4 full.

 

 

etc, etc, etc

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:mischief

I just hope the pitching comes around before the bats cool off.

Debbie Downer......at least your pessimism is consistent.

 

Oh shove it.

 

I've seen far too many Marlins seasons look good and go to sh*t in the middle of the summer.

 

This team is just an entertaining diversion, next year is the year of expectations.

I just hope the pitching comes around before the bats cool off.

Debbie Downer......at least your pessimism is consistent.

 

Oh shove it.

 

I've seen far too many Marlins seasons look good and go to sh*t in the middle of the summer.

 

This team is just an entertaining, next year is the year of expectations.

Anti-jinx engaged by TSwifty? :mischief

I just hope the pitching comes around before the bats cool off.

Debbie Downer......at least your pessimism is consistent.

 

Oh shove it.

 

I've seen far too many Marlins seasons look good and go to sh*t in the middle of the summer.

 

This team is just an entertaining, next year is the year of expectations.

Anti-jinx engaged by TSwifty? :mischief

 

Hey, sure why not?

 

It's not like I don't want to see us win the division, I just don't want to give myself an ulcer over what has not shown itself to be a great team.

After Moyer totally shutting down our lineup yesterday minus Miguel, I was worried going into a series at Shea. That type of game can be a real cooler. But the lineup bounced back big time. A rough start for Nolasco to come back to the team tomorrow against the team that completely dominated him in '06. If we manage to win that one, I fully expect a three game sweep of the Mets going into the series at home against the Pads.

I just hope the pitching comes around before the bats cool off.

Debbie Downer......at least your pessimism is consistent.

 

Oh shove it.

 

I've seen far too many Marlins seasons look good and go to sh*t in the middle of the summer.

 

This team is just an entertaining diversion, next year is the year of expectations.

I agree that health permitting next year is more likely, but while you're shoving why don't you see see if you can squeeze the 2003 WS trophy up there.

I just hope the pitching comes around before the bats cool off.

Debbie Downer......at least your pessimism is consistent.

 

Oh shove it.

 

I've seen far too many Marlins seasons look good and go to sh*t in the middle of the summer.

 

This team is just an entertaining diversion, next year is the year of expectations.

I agree that health permitting next year is more likely, but while you're shoving why don't you see see if you can squeeze the 2003 WS trophy up there.

 

What the hell does 2003 have to do with anything?

 

Or is this another genius argument of previous events being directly correlated to unrelated future success?

This team is just an entertaining diversion, next year is the year of expectations.

yep

 

Yeah, I agree, if Nolasco finds someway to win tomorrow, we could go on a roll.

he's gonna get steamrolled

Lots of reasons to smile....

1. we beat the muts who put us in a slide at home

2. our bats have been hot most of the time

3. our pitching staff is going to have its key people soon

4. we have D-Train

 

The way we see it down here things are looking up, when Tally finally comes around so will our consistency

I just hope the pitching comes around before the bats cool off.

Debbie Downer......at least your pessimism is consistent.

 

Oh shove it.

 

I've seen far too many Marlins seasons look good and go to sh*t in the middle of the summer.

 

This team is just an entertaining diversion, next year is the year of expectations.

I agree that health permitting next year is more likely, but while you're shoving why don't you see see if you can squeeze the 2003 WS trophy up there.

 

What the hell does 2003 have to do with anything?

 

Or is this another genius argument of previous events being directly correlated to unrelated future success?

Can't figure it out genius. 2003 was also a year of lower expectations, like this year. You were dissapointed in 2006, and maybe 2005.

I just hope the pitching comes around before the bats cool off.

Debbie Downer......at least your pessimism is consistent.

 

Oh shove it.

 

I've seen far too many Marlins seasons look good and go to sh*t in the middle of the summer.

 

This team is just an entertaining diversion, next year is the year of expectations.

I agree that health permitting next year is more likely, but while you're shoving why don't you see see if you can squeeze the 2003 WS trophy up there.

 

What the hell does 2003 have to do with anything?

 

Or is this another genius argument of previous events being directly correlated to unrelated future success?

Can't figure it out genius. 2003 was also a year of lower expectations, like this year. You were dissapointed in 2006, and maybe 2005.

 

So because there are low expectations this year...it means this is 2003 all over again?

 

Or, like I said a "genius argument of previous events being directly correlated to unrelated future success."

 

Brilliant!

This team is just an entertaining diversion, next year is the year of expectations.

yep

 

Yeah, I agree, if Nolasco finds someway to win tomorrow, we could go on a roll.

he's gonna get steamrolled

agreed on both points

 

Mets own Nolasco he has an era like over 10 against them last year :(

 

And also that next year we will makeour run for good or bad

I just hope the pitching comes around before the bats cool off.

Debbie Downer......at least your pessimism is consistent.

 

Oh shove it.

 

I've seen far too many Marlins seasons look good and go to sh*t in the middle of the summer.

 

This team is just an entertaining diversion, next year is the year of expectations.

I agree that health permitting next year is more likely, but while you're shoving why don't you see see if you can squeeze the 2003 WS trophy up there.

 

What the hell does 2003 have to do with anything?

 

Or is this another genius argument of previous events being directly correlated to unrelated future success?

Can't figure it out genius. 2003 was also a year of lower expectations, like this year. You were dissapointed in 2006, and maybe 2005.

 

So because there are low expectations this year...it means this is 2003 all over again?

 

Or, like I said a "genius argument of previous events being directly correlated to unrelated future success."

 

Brilliant!

 

Benitez.

Jones.

Borowski.

 

Shall I go on?

 

Thanks for the reminder...I don't know how much longer this could have gone on until I "got it" if not for that.

 

Phew, saved me big time there. :cool

I'm trying to figure out who has these low expectations except those who welcome failure. I'm not saying this team goes to the WS but I'm surprised (in some cases) why people have already written off the season and it's still April.

I'm trying to figure out who has these low expectations except those who welcome failure. I'm not saying this team goes to the WS but I'm surprised (in some cases) why people have already written off the season and it's still April.

No one is writing off the season, just believing that 2008 is more our year to make some serious noise

 

but more power to them if they can do it this season

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.