May 2, 200719 yr And as I have said before, you cant take the one really bad start out of there and leave the one really good one(his start against Houston). That is misleading, and your right...fun with MISLEADING numbers.
May 2, 200719 yr Author I'm pretty sure I could have said anything about the guy and you would have found a way to hate on him.
May 2, 200719 yr Not really. I havent hated on him in a while. Just stated correctly that A)Obermueller has pitched better than Mitre so far this year and B)Mitre has no spot in the rotation once JJ gets back. Might as well go with the hot hand. Not really hating at all. I guess you could say my stance that he will never stick as a starter in MLB, that he will never be more than a 5th starter or 4th starter(at best and thats pushing it) and that his inability to have success out of the bullpen and his general ineffectiveness as a starter means that he really wont have much of a career at all besides sporadic spot starts and mop up reliever...sure you could call that hating, but it isnt really an uncommon opinion either. Most, in fact hardly, anyone is as high on Mitre as you are, and there is probably a reason for that.
May 2, 200719 yr Author I'm not high on Mitre, but I think he can be a valuable asset to the team. That and he is still relatively young, and inexpensive. If he can go on a roll, his trade value would be up there as well. Something which Wes Obermueller will never have.
May 2, 200719 yr And I agree, although I ever doubt he will pitch well enough to have any real trade demand. I mean, we didnt even want him. We begrudgingly took him when we were halfway forced to when the Cubs wouldnt give up Rich Hill.
May 2, 200719 yr Author And I agree, although I ever doubt he will pitch well enough to have any real trade demand. I mean, we didnt even want him. We begrudgingly took him when we were halfway forced to when the Cubs wouldnt give up Rich Hill. lol... we asked for Hill, they said no(like they should have) we got Mitre it's not like he was a huge contract they wanted to get off their books
May 2, 200719 yr Author Still doesnt change the fact that we never really wanted Mitre in the first place. yes, he changes it alot kinda like a team asking us for Chris Volstad, and us saying "no, but you can have Kyle Winters instead" while they didn't get what they wanted, they still are fine with it
May 2, 200719 yr Still doesnt change the fact that we never really wanted Mitre in the first place. Huh? Everytime I read this trash, which unfortunately is up to almost five times an hour I wonder to myself why he really believes that he knows what Admin Beinfest and company, thought, who they asked for and whether he's low on meds again. :brigginbounce
May 2, 200719 yr Author Still doesnt change the fact that we never really wanted Mitre in the first place. Huh? Everytime I read this trash, which unfortunately is up to almost five times an hour I wonder to myself why he really believes that he knows what Admin Beinfest and company, thought, who they asked for and whether he's low on meds again. :brigginbounce In his defense, it was announced that we indeed asked for Rich Hill in place of Mitre. Then again, who wouldn't rather have Rich Hill :lol
May 2, 200719 yr They said it during a game telecast a week or so ago that we didnt want Mitre, likening it to a "well, sure, whatever" kind of thing. Huh? Everytime I read this trash"] Oh please, I hadnt mentioned Mitre at all until this thread, and really didnt mention him at all except that since neither Obermueller or Mitre will be in the rotation when JJ gets back, might as well go with the hot hand and who has been better and that is Obermueller. Not like either have a future here anyway. Just thinking out loud, and people took it as blasphemy. Bet every pitcher that has been as bad as Mitre has been in his career wished they got the kind of support he gets. If Obermueller gets slapped around, fine, replace him. But he HAS pitched better than Mitre so far this season, and has EARNED the right to stay in the rotation over Mitre for the time being. Not fair to him to just give Sergio the rotation spot back when he gets back when Obermueller has outpitched him this year in basically the same amount of starts.
May 2, 200719 yr Why not leave Nolasco out, then? Ricky's ERA last year was higher than Mitre's starting ERA. Clearly Mitre and the rejuvenated Obermueller should be in the rotation instead. :whistle
May 2, 200719 yr Mitre has actually pitched well this year, his problem has been making a few bad pitches that really end up haunting him. Like his first game for example he pitched extremely well, then the defense played very poorly behind him and he makes one bad pitch. It hasn't been all his fault, also remember he had NASTY stuff his last start before being pulled. Anyway Wes has a career of being average to below average, Mitre isn't a guy that we can tell how good he is going to be yet, but he has far more potential than Wes has just because of age alone.
May 2, 200719 yr Mitre isn't a guy that we can tell how good he is going to be yet Sort of like Miguel Olivo. They both have such high ceilings, we just don't know how super awesome Miguel can be in the future. I'm thinking his ceiling is of a guy who will hit for a high batting average year in and year out and provide gold glove defense behind the plate.
May 3, 200719 yr Mitre isn't a guy that we can tell how good he is going to be yet That's not true at all.
May 4, 200719 yr Mitre isn't a guy that we can tell how good he is going to be yet That's not true at all. What are you the baseball god?
May 6, 200719 yr Mitre isn't a guy that we can tell how good he is going to be yet Thats not true. With all the games he kept us in as a starter (and I mean HE kept us in, not the defense blowing it for him thus him and the team getting the loss), you really think he doesn't deserve a spot in the rotation? 0 K, eww He's a ground ball pitcher
May 6, 200719 yr They said it during a game telecast a week or so ago that we didnt want Mitre, likening it to a "well, sure, whatever" kind of thing. Huh? Everytime I read this trash"] Oh please, I hadnt mentioned Mitre at all until this thread, and really didnt mention him at all except that since neither Obermueller or Mitre will be in the rotation when JJ gets back, might as well go with the hot hand and who has been better and that is Obermueller. Not like either have a future here anyway. Just thinking out loud, and people took it as blasphemy. Bet every pitcher that has been as bad as Mitre has been in his career wished they got the kind of support he gets. If Obermueller gets slapped around, fine, replace him. But he HAS pitched better than Mitre so far this season, and has EARNED the right to stay in the rotation over Mitre for the time being. Not fair to him to just give Sergio the rotation spot back when he gets back when Obermueller has outpitched him this year in basically the same amount of starts. It was Mitre's spot to lose, not the other way around. If Wes had a good career track record then maybe things would be different but Mitre is a guy that we are hoping to build around.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.