Fredi on 790 right now

CTMarlinsfan

he also said Jake back next week and everyone back by the end of the year...

also, he'd like a player in a trade but does not want to lose anyone on the team. "You'd have to give someone up to get someone"

:notworthy

In a perfect world!! I want a new car but damn I don't want to pay for it. Thanks for the updates for the at work crew CT! Keep em up!

no problem...I actually am interning over here at 790 in production and I was listening to Sid's show...I completely forgot about it until Fredi came on the air though...if you ever get a chance to listen to Sid's show, it's a little out there, but funny and he makes great points. He also has Jason Starke (baseball writer) on every Wednesday at 2. He is a diehard Mets fan and does talk NY sports a lot, but still a great show imho

no problem...I actually am interning over here at 790 in production and I was listening to Sid's show...I completely forgot about it until Fredi came on the air though...if you ever get a chance to listen to Sid's show, it's a little out there, but funny and he makes great points. He also has Jason Starke (baseball writer) on every Wednesday at 2. He is a diehard Mets fan and does talk NY sports a lot, but still a great show imho

Very cool you have an internship there. No offense but I can't stand Sid Rosenburg. He is way to high and mighty all the time and talks way to much about pop culture. Plus I'm sick of hearing about the New York Hockey Rangers :lol

Very cool you have an internship there. No offense but I can't stand Sid Rosenburg. He is way to high and mighty all the time and talks way to much about pop culture. Plus I'm sick of hearing about the New York Hockey Rangers :lol

he's exactly the same in person...but it definently makes things lively here!

Fredi is calling into Sid Rosenberg now...highlight so far, Fredi will keep Abercrombie at the 1 hole for "long term" and Hanley is a "middle of the lineup man"

WOW. Fredi lost like 10 points with me there.

Reggie is getting all the opportunities with this org. Hopefully he proves us wrong and can take advantage of it

I don't know about everyone else but I really like what i have seen from Reggie in the 1 slot. It looks like he has more patience up there and has been making more contact then usual.

I'm trying to not let my opinions of him last season skew what he is contributing so far this season.

Reggie! Reggie!

are you serious? I can understand rooting for the guy, but I would like to see a bit more logic onh this decision than "we are winning with Reggie batting lead off, so lets keep doing the same thing"

If they bat him 8th, he is sure to be a blackhole and with the way Olivo is playing, our 7-8-9 is abysmal.

They put him at leadoff, and while the numbers aren't there right now he looks much better at the plate in his limited at bats this year than all of last year. He will see better pitches with Uggla, Hanley and Cabs in back of him instead of Mitre, Olsen and Kim.

It's certainly worth the try to hit him leadoff for a week or two. The team is playing well, and although it isn't because he is hitting first, something is going on there.

Reggie! Reggie!

are you serious? I can understand rooting for the guy, but I would like to see a bit more logic onh this decision than "we are winning with Reggie batting lead off, so lets keep doing the same thing"

You just answered your own question. Stick with what's working.

Watch the game, forget the ridiculously small sample size of 28 at bats in which numbers can be skewed with one great and or terrible afternoon.

He looks better at the plate and is taking more pitches. Not to mention he has struckout just 3 times

if he bombs, he bombs

Watch the game, forget the ridiculously small sample size of 28 at bats in which numbers can be skewed with one great and or terrible afternoon.

He looks better at the plate and is taking more pitches. Not to mention he has struckout just 3 times

if he bombs, he bombs

He's not taking more pitches so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Fredi is calling into Sid Rosenberg now...highlight so far, Fredi will keep Abercrombie at the 1 hole for "long term" and Hanley is a "middle of the lineup man"

Foolish wording. "Long term?" Has he really seen enough of Abercrombie to make such a pronouncement? And "middle of the lineup man" Ramirez? :thumbdown

if he bombs, he bombs

And a lot of people had a million excuses for Lowell's 2005.

The fact that Freddi's married to the idea of Reggie at the top is nauseating.

if he bombs, he bombs

And a lot of people had a million excuses for Lowell's 2005.

The fact that Freddi's married to the idea of Reggie at the top is nauseating.

Yes, this is what's disturbing. Fredi already seems to have his mind set that Abercrombie belongs at the top, and Ramirez belongs in the middle.

if he bombs, he bombs

He's not taking more pitches so I have no idea what you're talking about.

He's seeing more pitches.

Anyway I want Brett Carroll to get his shot anyway. I'm just trying to make some sense of Reggie leading off