Kobe Bryant Requests Trade

Why not just Dirk for Kobe?

Would that work under the cap?

Or what about Harris, Terry, Dampier (for salary purposes) this year's first, next year's first.

Seriously, the Bulls or Dallas are the only teams that could be realistic targets...and even then, I'm not sure the Bulls make all the sense considering what they'd give up and how close they are.

If they get him for peanuts, it's fine, but for me, I see this as Dallas or bust.

How about something with the Wolves?

Their picks this year, Randy Foye, and conditional picks over the next few years?

just spitballin here

Reason I can't see the Wolves is that it's more reasonable to see KG in LA than Kobe in Minn.

Wolves don't have the salary to balance it out without absolutely leveling that team.

Althought it really would make a ton of sense for the Wolves to mortgage their future for Kobe and KG.

This isn't your average star. This is Kobe Bryant. If every team in the NBA isn't bending over backwards to try to get a deal done here, I have to ask them - are you nuts? Have you seen Kobe play? Here's a message to all NBA owners: It's time to pony up.

wow this is going to be one the best off seasons ever, kobe is the best playa in the NBA no matter how much i like d.wade kobe is where wade will be in a few years.....

i can only think of like maybe two or three teams that dont need kobe, everyone else will want em......

now this is where the NYC media will hype up kobe to the knicks story, if it hasnt comeout yet, it will all summer until the trade is done........

and NO to kobe in MIAMI we are one of those teams that do not need em. i cant not see him and wade exsiting in the same court in the 4th quarter

Knicks have the contracts to get it done, and the money, but not the talent to make the Lakers want it, or make Kobe want to go.

Bulls have the talent, and the winning, but Chicago may give LA too much talent such that adding Kobe may be a marginal improvement.

Suns have the talent, and the contracts, and the picks, so they have to be the favorite, but I think they balls to the wall KG or Jermaine before Kobe.

Celtics have to be at least considered a player to a degree from LA's standpoint, but I don't think Kobe would approve a trade there in a million years.

Really, Dallas is the only team that makes sense to me. They have the talent to trade that'd make the Lakers happy. They won't have to level the team to get him so that makes Kobe happy.

Here are two proposals I have.

Proposal 1

MIA Gets:

G Kobe Bryant

2nd Rd. Pick

LAL Gets:

F Dorrell Wright

F Antoine Walker

G Jason Williams

C Michael Doleac

Proposal 2

CHI Gets:

G Kobe Bryant

C Andrew Bynum

LAL Gets:

G Ben Gordon

F Luol Deng

C Ben Wallace

Do you honestly believe that pile of garbage would get Kobe? No chance.

Kobe is NOT going to heat. There is ZERO chance of it.

A. Kobe has a no trade clause, and doesn't want to play with Shaq.

B. The Heat don't have near the tools to get Kobe, unless they offered up Wade.

If by some miracle Kobe would play with Shaq and the Heat do offer up Wade, Kobe STILL may reject the trade because outside of the Heat playing in the East, they aren't in much better shape then the Lakers are. If anything, the Heat are further away.

As for you 2nd trade, I don't see that happening. The Lakers wouldn't do Bynum for Kidd, so I don't see Kobe and Bynum for Gordon, Deng, and an old, underachieving Wallace.

Sign Rashard Lewis with LIES, send him, Jameer Nelson, Trevor Ariza, and a conditional 1st round pick.

Re-sign Grant Hill to veteran's minimum.

Dwight Howard, Darko Millic, Grant Hill, Kobe Bryant, and Arroyo/Diener/some cheap FA as starting PG, as the starting 5.

and one weak bench, and potentially not having a 1st round pick two years in a row.

PENNY AND SHAQ VERSION 2.0

:(

Although it won't let me put in Nocio because he is a free agent, it looks like a Bulls/Lakers deal for Kobe wouldn't work because of the salaries.

EDIT: there is always the option of involving more teams and throwing junk salaries in.

If by some miracle Kobe would play with Shaq and the Heat do offer up Wade, Kobe STILL may reject the trade because outside of the Heat playing in the East, they aren't in much better shape then the Lakers are. If anything, the Heat are further away.

You had me all until there.

Now that is some great info.

Wade's healthy last year, this team is in the Eastern Finals, again.

I don't think Wade and (old) Shaq or Kobe and (old) Shaq could take the Heat to the finals with the crappy cast around them.

In any event, that wasn't the point of my post. Kobe ain't coming to S.Fla. Simple as that.

I don't think Wade and (old) Shaq or Kobe and (old) Shaq could take the Heat to the finals with the crappy cast around them.

In any event, that wasn't the point of my post. Kobe ain't coming to S.Fla. Simple as that.

You're not going to get any argument from me that there are 10,000 good reasons to not bring Kobe to Miami, but to say that the Heat are further away from the finals than the Lakers, now, that's all kinds of stupid.

If you didn't have to play the Bulls.

Its not as if the Heat were close or made it a competitive series. They got swept. The year before against a weaker Bulls team, you won in 6 games.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda games are fun consolation prizes though.

That said, the Heat are definitely in a better position then the current Lakers. No question.

FWIW, Kobe's contract looks like this the next few years:

'07-'08: 19,490,625

'08-'09: 21,262,500

'09-'10: 23,034,275 (Player Option)

'10-'11: 24,806,250

You're not going to get any argument from me that there are 10,000 good reasons to not bring Kobe to Miami, but to say that the Heat are further away from the finals than the Lakers, now, that's all kinds of stupid.

I really don't want to derail the thread, but I think if you stack up the rosters against each other, I'd give the edge to the Lakers. The Heat are old and on the downswing. The Lakers at least have some young talent.

Again, I don't want to derail the thread. I'm a homer, you're a homer. Lets just agree to disagree.

Fox is an unbiased party, and he says the Heat are in a better spot, so they probably are.

Proposal 1

MIA Gets:

G Kobe Bryant

2nd Rd. Pick

LAL Gets:

F Dorrell Wright

F Antoine Walker

G Jason Williams

C Michael Doleac

Proposal 2

CHI Gets:

G Kobe Bryant

C Andrew Bynum

LAL Gets:

G Ben Gordon

F Luol Deng

C Ben Wallace

As for you 2nd trade, I don't see that happening. The Lakers wouldn't do Bynum for Kidd, so I don't see Kobe and Bynum for Gordon, Deng, and an old, underachieving Wallace.

I'm not saying it would happen or if I even want it to happen but it would be interesting to see if Kobe would want to play with Shaq again to show he has matured a bit.

Like I said and you said it ain't happening but it would be interesting to see it happen after all that has gone down between the two of them. I agree, that is one pile of garbage we would be shipping to LA.

BTW Wade ain't going nowhere.

Proposal 1

MIA Gets:

G Kobe Bryant

2nd Rd. Pick

LAL Gets:

F Dorrell Wright

F Antoine Walker

G Jason Williams

C Michael Doleac

Proposal 2

CHI Gets:

G Kobe Bryant

C Andrew Bynum

LAL Gets:

G Ben Gordon

F Luol Deng

C Ben Wallace

I'm not saying it would happen or if I even want it to happen but it would be interesting to see if Kobe would want to play with Shaq again to show he has matured a bit.

Like I said and you said it ain't happening but it would be interesting to see it happen after all that has gone down between the two of them. I agree, that is one pile of garbage we would be shipping to LA.

BTW Wade ain't going nowhere.

Yep, I think the I forgot to put that in my post. The Heat aren't going to offer up D-Wade.

This isn't your average star. This is Kobe Bryant. If every team in the NBA isn't bending over backwards to try to get a deal done here, I have to ask them - are you nuts? Have you seen Kobe play? Here's a message to all NBA owners: It's time to pony up.

:lol :lol :lol

I totally read that in Jim Rome's voice.

Incrrrrrredible!!!

Incrrrrrredible!!!

That was the patented Jim Rome extreme pause/dead air.