Which Fish will stick around?

While we can't expect this every year, the Marlins in 2006 only had one more game hindered by weather at home than they did on the road.

Six delays/postponed at home. Five delays/postponed on the road. Should fans in Washington DC, New York, and Philadelphia have the same fear of a delay?

It rains EVERY DAY in the summer in south florida. The threat of rain is there every day, people won't drive out to the park if it is raining at their house, even though it may not be raining at the stadium.

Exactly, it isn't about delays, its about rain and rainclouds. In SoFla it rains every afternoon and it looks like its going to rain every night. In the NE, it rains and everyone knows that on that day its going to rain so they don't go to that one or two games. Here no one would go to a game from June-August if its based on a forecast of rain.

While we can't expect this every year, the Marlins in 2006 only had one more game hindered by weather at home than they did on the road.

Six delays/postponed at home. Five delays/postponed on the road. Should fans in Washington DC, New York, and Philadelphia have the same fear of a delay?

It rains EVERY DAY in the summer in south florida. The threat of rain is there every day, people won't drive out to the park if it is raining at their house, even though it may not be raining at the stadium.

Exactly, it isn't about delays, its about rain and rainclouds. In SoFla it rains every afternoon and it looks like its going to rain every night. In the NE, it rains and everyone knows that on that day its going to rain so they don't go to that one or two games. Here no one would go to a game from June-August if its based on a forecast of rain.These are both very logical arguments and they are true. However, I get the idea that they could be followed up by 100 more thoughts just as true, and you're not going to get a concession from the poster from Maryland. FWIW, in my business experience, I find people from the Mid-Atlantic States to be disproportionatly more stubborn than any other area. They're nice, just stubborn. Maybe it's something in the water.

Guest Festa

Exactly, it isn't about delays, its about rain and rainclouds. In SoFla it rains every afternoon and it looks like its going to rain every night. In the NE, it rains and everyone knows that on that day its going to rain so they don't go to that one or two games. Here no one would go to a game from June-August if its based on a forecast of rain.

That's the hardest part to explain to those who have not spent atleast a month in South Fla. Up north rain comes in fronts, down here the atmosphere is so unstable in the summer months that a thunderstorm that will dump 2-3 inches in an hour can develop at the blink of an eye.

Totally.missing.point.

The THREAT of rain keeps people away from the stadium.

Let me repeat that.

There doesnt even have to be a delay for the THREAT of rain to keep people away from the stadium.

Guest Festa

I'm not missing the point, friend. My argument is that since very few games are in actuality hindered by games, this "threat of rain" argument sounds like a contrived excuse or is perhaps the result of a irrational mindset. If you shut yourself inside yourself in fear of something happening with chances of a rainy evening at the park being slim, they are being worked up over nothing.

I really wish the Marlins would conduct some sort of marketing study to verify this.

I'm sure they have and thus why they and the league are so steadfast in the need for a new stadium to have a roof.

I'm not missing the point, friend. My argument is that since very few games are in actuality hindered by games, this "threat of rain" argument sounds like a contrived excuse or is perhaps the result of a irrational mindset. If you shut yourself inside yourself in fear of something happening with chances of a rainy evening at the park being slim, they are being worked up over nothing.

I really wish the Marlins would conduct some sort of marketing study to verify this.

:confused

The threat of rain is not contrived! Its real. Just because the game doesnt get officially delayed by rain doesnt mean you don't get rained on in the 2nd inning and then remain wet for 3 innings and look at your buddies and go, "jesus this is retarded".

Your really at risk to sound silly here penguino because although you are a diehard Marlins fan, you don't live here day in and day out and see what the skies look like an hour and a half before game time.

I do agree w/ your last sentence as long as they include the # of days/evenings where there is a legitimate threat of rain in the 3 hours leading up to the first pitch.

Totally.missing.point.

Let me repeat that.

There doesnt even have to be a delay for the THREAT of rain to keep people away from the stadium.

Dude we are not missing the point! we all know it never rains here.