Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Draft 2007

Featured Replies

Borbon is the best guy left on the board Mayo???? Umm Porcello??? I'd rather have Mesoraco. No way we let Jason Heyward get past us, our scouts have been all over him for a long,long time now.

Keith Law on insider has Wieters going 7 to the Brewers and us signing Madison Bumgarner with Blake Beaven still on the board.

 

Can't say I see that one happening. If we're taking a high-school arm, and Porcello and Parker are both gone, Beaven'll be the pick.

 

I'm still holding out hope for Wieters.

im a lil surprised to see mayo having Porcello going no. 2 overall last night and dropping to No. 30 overall today...something is up there

Keith Law on insider has Wieters going 7 to the Brewers and us signing Madison Bumgarner with Blake Beaven still on the board.

 

Can't say I see that one happening. If we're taking a high-school arm, and Porcello and Parker are both gone, Beaven'll be the pick.

 

I'm still holding out hope for Wieters.

 

 

Both are somewhat similiar guys-tall,almost side arm jerky type deliveries who need to work on secondary stuff. Bumgarner has the advantage of being a lefty, but Beaven has better control and is much more aggresive. I'd say it would be a toss up and I wouldn't mind either. The crazy thing is though, it looks pretty certain that Porcello will be there at #12. That would be so sweet.

 

Open up the checkbook Loria!! He'd be the best pitching prospect we have had since Beckett.

im a lil surprised to see mayo having Porcello going no. 2 overall last night and dropping to No. 30 overall today...something is up there

 

With Porcello it's because A) he's a Boras guy and B) he's supposedly got a pretty strong commitment to UNC.

 

Plus, the draft is absurdly deep on power high-school arms, so for a guy to want well above slot when there are other guys that teams are in love with (Parker and Aumont are the real hot names now) it doesn't make sense to waste a top pick on a guy that may be unsignable, even if the pick is recovered next year, it's still a player and a year of development lost.

 

Keith Law on insider has Wieters going 7 to the Brewers and us signing Madison Bumgarner with Blake Beaven still on the board.

 

Can't say I see that one happening. If we're taking a high-school arm, and Porcello and Parker are both gone, Beaven'll be the pick.

 

I'm still holding out hope for Wieters.

 

 

Both are somewhat similiar guys-tall,almost side arm jerky type deliveries who need to work on secondary stuff. Bumgarner has the advantage of being a lefty, but Beaven has better control and is much more aggresive. I'd say it would be a toss up and I wouldn't mind either. The crazy thing is though, it looks pretty certain that Porcello will be there at #12. That would be so sweet.

 

Open up the checkbook Loria!! He'd be the best pitching prospect we have had since Beckett.

 

For real.

im a lil surprised to see mayo having Porcello going no. 2 overall last night and dropping to No. 30 overall today...something is up there

 

With Porcello it's because A) he's a Boras guy and B) he's supposedly got a pretty strong commitment to UNC.

 

Plus, the draft is absurdly deep on power high-school arms, so for a guy to want well above slot when there are other guys that teams are in love with (Parker and Aumont are the real hot names now) it doesn't make sense to waste a top pick on a guy that may be unsignable, even if the pick is recovered next year, it's still a player and a year of development lost.

 

Keith Law on insider has Wieters going 7 to the Brewers and us signing Madison Bumgarner with Blake Beaven still on the board.

 

Can't say I see that one happening. If we're taking a high-school arm, and Porcello and Parker are both gone, Beaven'll be the pick.

 

I'm still holding out hope for Wieters.

 

 

Both are somewhat similiar guys-tall,almost side arm jerky type deliveries who need to work on secondary stuff. Bumgarner has the advantage of being a lefty, but Beaven has better control and is much more aggresive. I'd say it would be a toss up and I wouldn't mind either. The crazy thing is though, it looks pretty certain that Porcello will be there at #12. That would be so sweet.

 

Open up the checkbook Loria!! He'd be the best pitching prospect we have had since Beckett.

 

For real.

 

 

Isn't that what Loria is going to use all those massive profits(#1 in baseball) for? I'd still rather see Weiters though, he could conceivably step in at catcher as soon as 2008 and be at least league average.

im a lil surprised to see mayo having Porcello going no. 2 overall last night and dropping to No. 30 overall today...something is up there

 

With Porcello it's because A) he's a Boras guy and B) he's supposedly got a pretty strong commitment to UNC.

 

Plus, the draft is absurdly deep on power high-school arms, so for a guy to want well above slot when there are other guys that teams are in love with (Parker and Aumont are the real hot names now) it doesn't make sense to waste a top pick on a guy that may be unsignable, even if the pick is recovered next year, it's still a player and a year of development lost.

 

Keith Law on insider has Wieters going 7 to the Brewers and us signing Madison Bumgarner with Blake Beaven still on the board.

 

Can't say I see that one happening. If we're taking a high-school arm, and Porcello and Parker are both gone, Beaven'll be the pick.

 

I'm still holding out hope for Wieters.

 

 

Both are somewhat similiar guys-tall,almost side arm jerky type deliveries who need to work on secondary stuff. Bumgarner has the advantage of being a lefty, but Beaven has better control and is much more aggresive. I'd say it would be a toss up and I wouldn't mind either. The crazy thing is though, it looks pretty certain that Porcello will be there at #12. That would be so sweet.

 

Open up the checkbook Loria!! He'd be the best pitching prospect we have had since Beckett.

 

For real.

 

 

Isn't that what Loria is going to use all those massive profits(#1 in baseball) for?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

 

Don't get me started.

 

I'd still rather see Weiters though, he could conceivably step in at catcher as soon as 2008 and be at least league average.

 

As much as I love Wieters, I'd have no problem with us taking Porcello over him.

 

If it's Beaven or even a guy like Heyward, I'd have a problem with us passing on Wieters. While the first two have huge upside, they'll also have a ton of growing pains, and we won't see either before 2010 at the earliest.

 

Porcello could get a Beckett minor league 100 and then be up, and Wieters, no joke, would probably be an immediate upgrade for us and would be starting this time next year.

BTW: I am such an uber-nerd because of the fact that I am excited about watching the draft on TV. I should be doing WORK right now! The pleasures of owning a business... :lol

Man having this draft televised is so good for the sport.

 

Such an improvement over the previous years and I love how they have some of the top prospects in attendance.

Peter's doing the draft for ESPN, thank God.

 

The Reds better not take Borbon in the first round.

ESPN: Reds have no original 1st round pick's on the current 25 man roster.

 

Obvioulsy, that will change tomorrow.

The only flaw is...Steve Phillips. UGH

That's precisely what I was gonna write before my browser froze up. Why does that dufus have any credibility?

The only flaw is...Steve Phillips. UGH

That's precisely what I was gonna write before my browser froze up. Why does that dufus have any credibility?

Just wait till Bowden get's sh*t canned, and he's on there with them.

 

Barry Larkin is a draft rep for the Nationals. I want to vomit.

 

Uncle Bud gets cheered.

 

Gay.

I am hoping for Weiters also.. Parker would be my second choice. Both will probably be gone though.

Price is awesome. AWESOME. I fear the Devil Rays. I was hoping they'd make a mistake and take Weiters, which was the big rumor a couple weeks ago.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.