Horton 6 year deal :)

Fishfan79

Any thoughts on who the Panthers will select at #10?

Is there an NHL draft thread somewhere?

:mischief2

I'm actually going to write a short draft preview tonight.

The best part of this draft is absolutely no one knows whats going to occur because of the lack of a standout talent like Crosby. The only seemingly sure thing is Patrick Kane going first and even that is just a guesstimate.

Any thoughts on who the Panthers will select at #10?

Is there an NHL draft thread somewhere?

:mischief2

I'm actually going to write a short draft preview tonight.

The best part of this draft is absolutely no one knows whats going to occur because of the lack of a standout talent like Crosby. The only seemingly sure thing is Patrick Kane going first and even that is just a guesstimate.

I want the Russian. Word is he might fall, ala Frolik.

hot damn that is awesome. :happydance

btw, anyone heard what the new sweaters will look like?

As most know, NHL teams will be sporting a new look next season as Reebok redoes all the uniforms for the league's 30 teams. The Panthers will get a new look as well.

Only it'll be a while before anyone gets to see the new look publicly.

I'm being told the Panthers will not unveil their new jerseys at this weekend's draft in Columbus as some fans had hoped. Posting a potential new look for the Canucks stirred up quite a few of you as my email in-box filled up quite a bit because of this subject.

From what I'm hearing, only a few teams -- the host Blue Jackets, Washington and perhaps Boston -- will be unveiling a new jersey this weekend. Everyone else must wait. The Panthers have said not much is changing on the uniforms, and the last official word came from Michael Yormark at the All-Star Game in Dallas. Here's what I wrote way back then:

The Panthers will also have a new look next season, the first real update since the team?s inception in 1993. Like each team in the league, Florida will only have two jerseys next year because of the Reebok redesign. The Panthers will get rid of their original red jersey at least for the time being.

?We?ve made changes,?? Yormark said. ?It?s a much more contemporary look. The look is going to be different from what we have now. We?re pretty excited about it.??

The away jersey will still be white, but red will be the predominant secondary color; the home jersey remains blue, with yellow as the main accent. Yormark says horizontal stripes are out and vertical stripes are in. The leaping Panther logo on the chest will be larger and more dynamic.

Word is, Florida will likely not unveil its new jersey design until September when Reebok has had a chance to supply the team with them.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers...new-jersey.html

HORTON HOLD-UP

The NHL rejected Nathan Horton's new six-year contract with the Panthers Friday, but the team insists the problem is a mere technicality. A Florida official said the problem came with wording regarding Horton's no-trade clause beginning in 2010.

The Panthers say the contract has been reworded and expected to file it with the league Friday night. Horton signed the original contract Thursday.

http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/149087.html