Morneau Still In The Hospital

pierremvp1

Not good at all. It's not easy to have to stay in a hospital for 2 nights, and he's still there today. Scary situation. I hope he's allright and gets better fast. At this point it looks doubtful that he'll be flying with the team in a few hours. I would think that the Twins team has not been South Beaching the last couple of nights. They've probably spent whatever time out of their hotel at the hospital. And they've come out with guns ablaze in the games against us.

I will say a prayer for him. I'm so sorry that happened. Olivio acts like a linebacker at the plate. I'm happy that Olivio is playing so well though now, what with hits and homers and pick-offs and all. But I saw how he stopped Morneau. It hurt me to watch it.

Justin Morneau is going to have more tests late Sunday afternoon and likely won?t take the team flight back to Minnesota.

The Twins thought Morneau would be released from the hospital early today, but doctors apparently are still rather concerned about his bruised lung and may prefer that he doesn't fly yet. He'll have additional X-rays today. Jun. 24 - 1:08 pm et

Rotoworld.

Olivo should visit him in the hospital :lol . He really did some damage.

According to Rotoworld ~ Justin is staying another night in the hospital. I wonder if any fans went to visit him.

I believe that Rotoworld story refers to last night, not tonight.

Still, the longer he's still in the hospital, the likelihood grows that he'll be there for 4 nights, which would then start looking more serious than it originally did.

As for a visit, I think it's a great idea. I'd call the Twins FO first and see if he would like a visitor. Mention your age and sex. Is he married?

sorry to spoil your date with justin, but he's not in the hospital anymore. expect a dl trip from him. i was starting to think this was becoming life threatening for him.

Twins' Morneau released from Florida hospital

June 25, 2007

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Minnesota Twins first baseman Justin Morneau was released from a Miami-area hospital Monday and planned to return to the Twin Cities.

Morneau bruised his right lung Friday in a collision with Florida Marlins catcher Miguel Olivo.

Twins spokesman Mike Herman said Morneau was released from a hospital and would arrive in the Twin Cities sometime Monday. The injury ended Morneau's streak of 191 consecutive games played.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aisl...p&type=lgns

sorry to spoil your date with justin, but he's not in the hospital anymore. expect a dl trip from him. i was starting to think this was becoming life threatening for him.

If this was to me... I never wanted to go visit Justin. I just wondered if any fans were visiting him in the hospital.

I doubt any fans were allowed to visit him. Most would probably ask for an autograph (me). The twins had a lot of security traveling with them...

Oh, I'm sure he would just love that. :rolleyes:

ya, I know. heh. As he's choking up blood, "Mr. Morneau can you sign this on the sweetspot?"

I doubt any fans were allowed to visit him. Most would probably ask for an autograph (me). The twins had a lot of security traveling with them...

Oh, I'm sure he would just love that. :rolleyes:

ya, I know. heh. As he's choking up blood, "Mr. Morneau can you sign this on the sweetspot?"

:lol