Reds Fire Jerry Narron

Junior

Was he really the cause for the problems the Reds were having this year? Seriously, I don't get to watch many Reds games so I have no idea.

He was a big part of the problem. He abused his pitchers, and his bullpen pitchers. He didn't know how to make out a lineup card. He played favorites.

Was he the entire problem? No, but he was a prt of it.

This should have been done about a month ago. Krivsky waited longer then many would have.

All I know is that his handling of Arroyo bordered on criminal.

Yep, and it wasn't just Arroyo.

Apparently he lost the team when he benched Edwin Encarnacion for running out a pop out, even though he thought he fouled the ball back and had no idea where it was. Josh Hamilton did something similar about a week later, and he didn't do anything about it.

He also pinch hit Juan Castro for Josh Hamilton about 2 week ago in the 9th. Yes, Juan Castro for Josh Hamilton.

Those are some pretty questionable moves. I had heard about that EE ordeal but had no idea about the Josh Hamilton thing. Reds needed some kind of shakeup. Maybe this helps.

I certainly hope so. It has been terrible to watch.

Fron the Reds:

CINCINNATI - At a press conference at noon Monday at Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati Reds president and chief executive officer Bob Castellini and executive vice president and general manager Wayne Krivsky will announce Pete Mackanin as interim field manager for the remainder of the 2007 season.

Mackanin, 55, will replace Jerry Narron, whose Reds teams went 31-51 (.378) this season and 157-179 (.467) overall.

The club will have no comment until tomorrow's press conference in the field level interview room.

Mackanin (pronounced mah-CAN-in) will be introduced Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. in the field level interview room as the 59th manager in Reds history, the 49th since 1900.

He previously was in the organization from 1990-92, when he managed Class AAA Nashville in the American Association, and he rejoined the Reds in February 2006 as the Major League club's advance scout.

It will be Mackanin's second stint as an interim manager in the Major Leagues. In 2005 he managed the final 26 games for the Pittsburgh Pirates, who went 55-81 under Lloyd McClendon.

He spent 7 seasons on the Major League coaching staffs of the Montreal Expos (third base coach, 1997-2000) and Pirates (bench coach, 2003-05) and has 21 seasons of managerial experience in the minor leagues and winter leagues.

Mackanin managed in the minors for 13 years and produced 917 victories and league championships in 1995 (Ottawa, International League) and 2002 (Lynchburg, Carolina league). For 8 seasons he skippered winter ball clubs in Venezuela, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. In 1988, he led Aguilas del Zulia to Venezuelan League and Caribbean Series championships.

An infielder, Mackanin was selected by the Washington Senators in the fourth round of the June 1969 free-agent draft. In 9 Major League seasons he appeared in 548 games for the Texas Rangers, Expos, Philadelphia Phillies and Minnesota Twins.

He will wear uniform number 46.

Conine is going to retire after year, that I know.

I have to think we're going to do everything we can to get rid of Hatteberg and Conine (especially Hatteberg) to get Votto up here and playing everyday.

Yeah, that's why I'm saying it would be the right thing to do.

Conine is going to retire after year, that I know.

I have to think we're going to do everything we can to get rid of Hatteberg and Conine (especially Hatteberg) to get Votto up here and playing everyday.

Yeah, that's why I'm saying it would be the right thing to do.

No offense to the Marlins, but don't you think Conine would want to go to more of a legit World Series hopeful?

His numbers are quite decent for a bench player. I would love to have him on the Marlins for the remainder of this year and next. I am not quite sure where his family is situated right now (it could still be Baltimore for I know), but playing 2008 shouldn't be too much of a burden for him if spent home in South Florida.

He's been actually better then I expected. The Hatteberg/Conine platoon has actually been pretty decent.

Oh btw. Jerry Narron walked Daryl Ward earlier in the year to load the bases for Alfonso Soriano with the bases loaded and 2 outs. Soriano promptly got a go ahead RBI single. I was at the game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns

A source told PA SportsTicker that Joe Girardi, the 2006 National League Manager of the Year with the Florida Marlins, twice interviewed for the Reds job this past week but turned the position down because he would have had to retain some of the current coaching staff.

Girardi also turned down the Baltimore job after Perlozzo was fired.

Guest Festa

Now Krivsky needs to be fired.

And for the record, I want Conine back in the teal and black. His last PA should be in September of this year at Dolphin Stadium, and all 3k of us in the stands should give him a 20 minute standing ovation. The more I hear him, or hear about him and the stuff he does on a personal level the more I come to he conclusion there will never be another Marlin with the class of Niner.

I LOVE YOU JEFF!!!

*breaks down*