Never seen a catcher that couldn't catch

Guest Festa

Right, so he f***s up today, but he's saved our asses alot. Blame our 2,3,4 hitters for not scoring that run in the first inning. Now that's embarrassing. sh*t Happens.

I'm not say he's never been good, because Olivo has done well at times. But every player has good games.

And eventually enough becomes enough.

its not even that olivo missed the ball.....wat kills me is that cabrera never makes a good throw to home plate.....but lets not forget our non existant offense and alfredo getting left on after that triple....i know ive always been one to defend the fish when they dont perform but its just those little things that they dont do that costs them so many games....funny thing is that when young got out of the first after the triple i said to myself that we better not lose this game by 1 run and sure enough we lose 1-0

its not even tat olivo missed the ball.....wat kills me is that cabrera never makes a good throw to home plate.....but lets not forgot our non existant offense and alfredo getting left on after that triple....i know ive always been one to defend the fish when they dont perform but its just those little things that they dont do that costs them so many games....funny thing is that when young got out of the first after the triple i said to myself that we better not lose this game by 1 run and sure enough we lose 1-0

that throw home was good enough

and you defending the fish?... everyone here has seen what you say in the game threads

also, yea we didnt score with a runner on 3rd, no outs....the Padres had Bard on 3rd with 1 out and we got out of that one... so it's even there

Guest FlummoxedLummox

its not even tat olivo missed the ball.....wat kills me is that cabrera never makes a good throw to home plate.....but lets not forgot our non existant offense and alfredo getting left on after that triple....i know ive always been one to defend the fish when they dont perform but its just those little things that they dont do that costs them so many games....funny thing is that when young got out of the first after the triple i said to myself that we better not lose this game by 1 run and sure enough we lose 1-0

That throw was absolutely fine.

That throw was absolutely fine.

it was catchable but it wasnt that good

Right, so he f***s up today, but he's saved our asses alot.

nope

all he's good for his tackling guys at home plate

go play for the Dolphins

So that HR he hit the other day against Atlanta doesn't count then huh? Guess not. All the times he's stood up at home plate and taken hits to get outs (while most other catchers in the league would back out) doesn't count either? Right.

nope

go play for the Dolphins

So that HR he hit the other day against Atlanta doesn't count then huh? Guess not. All the times he's stood up at home plate and taken hits to get outs (while most other catchers in the league would back out) doesn't count either? Right.

Yawn.

HE'S A CATCHER WHO CAN'T f***ING CATCH.

I've been a primary backer of his for awhile, but this is ridiculous. My 10 year old sister makes that catch (then wings it into the dugout, but still)

Guest Festa

nope

go play for the Dolphins

At some point you need to look at the overall picture and forget about the few flashes in the pan Olivo has had. Catcher is the most important defensive position in the infield and his lack of doing an average job byfar outweighs his meh bat. Treanor might not be able to equal the little we are gtting from Olivo's bat but he plays the position 100 times better than Olivo.

Personally, I'd like to know how many runners that he has allowed to move up on passed balls have scored.

nope

go play for the Dolphins

You really have a baseball IQ of like -100000.

It's not about what did you do, or is a broken clock right twice a day. OLIVO IS A FAILURE IN THE VERY BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION OF A CATCHER. He can't catch. Be it from a fielder, a pitcher, whatever. All that separates a catcher and a net is the ability of the catcher to catch imperfectly thrown balls. ANYONE can catch something perfectly thrown to their chest. Olivo can't even guarantee that.

yea, wow

I mean, odds of getting out of that inning were remote, but that's besides the point

If we got that out, a ground ball to Amezaga would've done it.

Lindstrom was gonna serve one up anyway

anyone can hit a straight fastball