Fabulous Sunday Thoughts

Nice to finally win a series at home.

Uggla continues to simply fan the flames of the Hermida-2-hole debate. Uggla today thrice struck out in front of Cabrera, two of those directly preceded Cabrera's solo home-runs. Yes, both led off innings while Uggla ended them, but the point still remains. And then, if you want to believe in the hocus pocus that is lineup protection creates markedly better pitches to hit for a player, Hanley was intentionally walked to bring up Uggla. Obviously, other teams aren't respecting Dan's ability to be a tough out, or even able to reach base safely since the move loaded the bases in a one run game (talk about rolling the dice).

Conversely Hermida did his walk thing and did it well. Wouldn't it be fun to think that maybe one of those Miggy home-runs could have been a multi-run shot?

Oh, and Olsen worked his way out of some trouble, as did 'Mando so I have to give a big kudos to the pitching staff today, not the best work imaginable but certainly just what the doctor ordered for the rubber match.

Woo Hammer, really great to see him swinging again, expecially against righties.

Woooooo Cabrera, His SLG is up to .598 now, only behind Fielder and Admin.

Boooo Olsen

And as I said in the game thread, can Hermida please stop bunting?! He's in the top-4 of our OBP guys, let him swing, expecially with what's behind him.

Uggla continues to simply fan the flames of the Hermida-2-hole debate. Uggla today thrice struck out in front of Cabrera, two of those directly preceded Cabrera's solo home-runs. Yes, both led off innings while Uggla ended them, but the point still remains. And then, if you want to believe in the hocus pocus that is lineup protection creates markedly better pitches to hit for a player, Hanley was intentionally walked to bring up Uggla. Obviously, other teams aren't respecting Dan's ability to be a tough out, or even able to reach base safely since the move loaded the bases in a one run game (talk about rolling the dice).

Conversely Hermida did his walk thing and did it well. Wouldn't it be fun to think that maybe one of those Miggy home-runs could have been a multi-run shot?

Oh, and Olsen worked his way out of some trouble, as did 'Mando so I have to give a big kudos to the pitching staff today, not the best work imaginable but certainly just what the doctor ordered for the rubber match.

You racist!

You racist!

:( :lol

I don't really think anyone has a problem with Hermida and Uggla switching (except Freddi apparently) as long as Hermida is getting on base. I sort of expect Freddi to make the switch eventually just because Uggla's average has dropped so much.

So nice to get back to some winning at home though. :thumbup