Penny to start Game 1

I think if/when Penny's second time to start in this series rolls around, Pavano pitches, just because they haven't seen him.

Why?

First, what if Pavano is in the rotation and is scheduled to start Game 4 anyway?

Second, I think it totally 100% depends on his performance in Game 1. If he does well, he starts Game 5. If he pitches poorly, the rotation's odd man out (Willis or Pavano) starts Game 5. But McKeon isn't going to sit down somebody who had a good start just to give the Yankees a different look.

He pitched good in relief in Game 7! i think he will be just fine against the Yanks!

Remember its a night game not a day game :thumbup

atleast game 2 of that series was in the daytime...

oh wait.

it wasnt

Brad can make a name for himself tonight....

This is huge for Penny. And as we all know Penny sometime sucks, but then again he also is unreal sometimes. Think about it any time he comes to the mound he is able to through a complete game shutout. Jack is showing confidence in guy who he sat and started Pavano in his place last time. Penny needs that right now. Starting him in game one is a good call IMO.

Pavano will be HUGE coming out of the pen. If we have another bad start you can through Pav's out there in the 2nd or 3rd inning, and have total faith the score will remain the same.