Fredi, Try This:

with han-ram out tonight and possibly for the foreseeable future (fingers crossed), i think it's the perfect time to shake up the lineup a bit. i'm aware the marlins have scored 10 runs 3 straight games but i think we all agree that uggla is sorely misplaced in the lineup and something needs to be done to change this team's all or nothing production.

What about:

alfredo

hermida

miggy

jake

uggla

hammer

ross cf

treanor (he deserves it and dontrelle could use a change)

dontrelle

thoughts??

So Uggla goes 11 for 20 with two homers and 7 RBI in the last four games and you want to move him now. If they didn't move him when he was in a 2 for 19 slump they aren't about to do it now.

I still don't understand why people think that going lower in the order constitutes a demotion.

This isn't little league where it's 1-4 and then everyone else.

So Uggla goes 11 for 20 with two homers and 7 RBI in the last four games and you want to move him now. If they didn't move him when he was in a 2 for 19 slump they aren't about to do it now.

I still don't understand why people think that going lower in the order constitutes a demotion.

This isn't little league where it's 1-4 and then everyone else.

Right, if he's moved down in the order, that gives him more guys to hit in while he's on his hot streak. I see no problem with it.

yes, i totally agree. uggla is a drive in runs guy, not a get on base guy. he doesn't make frequent contact, but when he does connect, he usually hits the ball really hard and ends up with an extra base hit. his ability screams get me out of the 2 spot.

with han-ram out tonight and possibly for the foreseeable future (fingers crossed), i think it's the perfect time to shake up the lineup a bit. i'm aware the marlins have scored 10 runs 3 straight games but i think we all agree that uggla is sorely misplaced in the lineup and something needs to be done to change this team's all or nothing production.

What about:

alfredo

hermida

miggy

jake

uggla

hammer

ross cf

treanor (he deserves it and dontrelle could use a change)

dontrelle

thoughts??

Love the Line-up. Uggla hitting 5th should give him more chances to bring in runs.

Oh, and Uggla's not a 5-hole hitter.

Willingham is a 5-hole hitter. The 5 hole leads off more innings than any other spot outside of leadoff. Since Willingham's a unique player whose OBP skills are equal to if not better (relatively speaking) his slugging skills, that's the perfect 5 hole hitter.

If you wanted to get really creative and put together the super-stat lineup these are the machinations you'd get:

Ramirez

Hermida

Cabrera

Uggla

Willingham

Jacobs

Amezaga

Olivo

P

OR

Willingham

Ramirez

Cabrera

Uggla

Hermida

Jacobs

Amezaga

Olivo

OR

Willingham

Hermida

Hanley

Cabrera

Jacobs

Uggla

Amezaga

Olivo

P

I think those could be a lot of fun...personally, I'd just bat Hermida 2nd, Uggla 6th.

yeah, i really don't know about willingham leading off. either hanley should, or if he's hurt alfredo should in his place. i've seen you say before that the 5 hole leads off more innings than any other spot outside of leadoff -- why is this, and how did you figure it out?

with hammer 5th, my revised lineup for tonight would be :

alfredo

hermida

miggy

jake

hammer

uggla

cody

treanor

dontrelle

and in the future:

hanley

alfredo

miggy

jake

hammer

uggla

hermida

treanor

p

yeah, i really don't know about willingham leading off. either hanley should, or if he's hurt alfredo should in his place. i've seen you say before that the 5 hole leads off more innings than any other spot outside of leadoff -- why is this, and how did you figure it out?

It's just one of those fun overly publicized stats like "a leadoff walk scores 82% of the time."

It's not all that unbelievable either, when you think about it, generally your best hitter hits 3rd, meaning more times than not your 4 hole hitter gets up. The 4 hole isn't usually associated with speed, or high-quality contact, it's the prototypical slugger. Hence a high strikeout or DP probability. So, there's your 5 hole hitter coming up to lead off the next inning.

It's just one of those fun overly publicized stats like "a leadoff walk scores 82% of the time."

It's not all that unbelievable either, when you think about it, generally your best hitter hits 3rd, meaning more times than not your 4 hole hitter gets up. The 4 hole isn't usually associated with speed, or high-quality contact, it's the prototypical slugger. Hence a high strikeout or DP probability. So, there's your 5 hole hitter coming up to lead off the next inning.

very interesting, thanks for the info

Guest Festa

For such a powerful line-up like ours is (2-4) we don't need a speedy guy leading off. More often then not he can jog home on a ball hit into the gap, down the RF line or over the fence.

For such a powerful line-up like ours is (2-4) we don't need a speedy guy leading off. More often then not he can jog home on a ball hit into the gap, down the RF line or over the fence.

yeah, that's true. this is an intriguing idea. no chance fredi would ever try it though. he won't even have the catcher hit 8th. alfredo will be hitting .320 and still 8th because "he turns the lineup over"

Willingham leading off is a joke.

Uh, why?

He's a superior walk-guy to Hanley, and Hanley's a superior slugger (statistically speaking).

The "speed" perception is getting greatly overrated.

Not only that, but while Hammer ain't the fleetest of foot, he graduated from the Jeff Conine School of Baserunning (with honors)

CONCLUSION: A leadoff batter who walks does NOT "always score"; the walk has the same effect as the other ways to reach first base.

Reach Score Freq

1B 183468 72841 .397

2B 48364 30961 .640

3B 6573 5753 .875

HR 27205 27205 1.000

BB 82637 33002 .399

HP 6217 2543 .409

INT 81 22 .272

E 12105 5298 .438 http://www.diamond-mind.com/newsletter/en021213.htm

Also, the player to lead off the most innings aside from the leadoff batter is the 4 hole but not by any significant value over the 5th or even the bottom of the lineup. The only one that leading off really affects is the first batter as he has a 100 % chance to lead off at least once a game, which is usually 20-25% of the time.

there is no reason imo to have Olivo catch Willis tonight.

.333/.370/.536

I think that's a pretty good reason for Olivo to be in the lineup tonight... and no that isn't Willis' baa, obpa, and slga when Olivo catches him :thumbup

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thank You Ramp :wub: