Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Other callups

Featured Replies

  • Author

Chris Seddon? Are you serious?

As serious as Dickie V about calling a Duke-UNC game

That's bulls***. I had a bad feeling that Seddon was gonna get called up too. And Paul Hoover... wtf does that do? Gotta love how there are 8 guys who should be called up and we call up 2 who shouldn?t.

I understand Seddon he was already on the 40-man roster I guess Hoover was called up since Treanor got injured yesterday.

I wouldn't know Chris Seddon if I tripped over him, let me admit that upfront. That said, someone in the organization believes the kid has something worth evaluating at the major league level or it may be nothing more than deciding whether to keep him on a roster going into 2008. Or god knows what.

 

I like seeing Hoover being called up, I know he's not a big fave here but he's relatively fresh having been on the DL for some time. Baker's season concludes today, they'll probably give him a few days to rest up and bring him in as well, he has after all been carrying most of the load this summer.

 

There's so many players in Albuquerque that have to be considered for callups including Andino of course, if for no other reason than psychological. Be interesting to see who does and doesn't get the call this month.

The Rays tried to sneak Seddon through waivers, he looks like he can throw a little. The Fish might as well see what he can do to see if they need to keep him on the 40. Good to see Hoover get the call too, though I would rather see Baker, we have to wait until the AAA season ends to get more guys up.

While Seddon is pitching in AA this year, he did do a full season in the International League last year, so experience wise he is more than ready for a callup. He has pitched pretty well of late.

That's bulls***. I had a bad feeling that Seddon was gonna get called up too. And Paul Hoover... wtf does that do? Gotta love how there are 8 guys who should be called up and we call up 2 who shouldn?t.

over-react much?

That's bulls***. I had a bad feeling that Seddon was gonna get called up too. And Paul Hoover... wtf does that do? Gotta love how there are 8 guys who should be called up and we call up 2 who shouldn?t.

over-react much?

 

Why is it over-reacting? We're one of the worst teams in the league with a lot of young talent in the minors that would be well served by getting a taste of the majors before next season.

That's bulls***. I had a bad feeling that Seddon was gonna get called up too. And Paul Hoover... wtf does that do? Gotta love how there are 8 guys who should be called up and we call up 2 who shouldn't.

over-react much?

 

Why is it over-reacting? We're one of the worst teams in the league with a lot of young talent in the minors that would be well served by getting a taste of the majors before next season.

 

I never quite understood the whole feet getting wet thing...isn't it more of use to the organization not to risk the young talent knowing our injury luck this year?

That's bulls***. I had a bad feeling that Seddon was gonna get called up too. And Paul Hoover... wtf does that do? Gotta love how there are 8 guys who should be called up and we call up 2 who shouldn?t.

Adds catching depth without risking an injury to Baker in meaningless games?

  • Author

That's bulls***. I had a bad feeling that Seddon was gonna get called up too. And Paul Hoover... wtf does that do? Gotta love how there are 8 guys who should be called up and we call up 2 who shouldn?t.

Adds catching depth without risking an injury to Baker in meaningless games?

That line of thinking is silly (for not calling up Baker)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.