Official '07-'08 NBA Discussion

Passion

28 and 16 for Howard and Rashard had 27 (7-9 3 Pt FGs)

Anybody doubting the signing of Rashard Lewis anymore?

Is that a banner hanging already? :mischief

I know its a half joke so you can play along with your previous post being a joke as well, but yes, anytime somebody mentions the Magic, it is indeed their simple way of crowning them, glad to see you're still concerned.

28 and 16 for Howard and Rashard had 27 (7-9 3 Pt FGs)

Anybody doubting the signing of Rashard Lewis anymore?

Is that a banner hanging already? :mischief

I know its a half joke so you can play along with your previous post being a joke as well, but yes, anytime somebody mentions the Magic, it is indeed their simple way of crowning them, glad to see you're still concerned.

Well if you wanna crown em then crown em :mischief

I don't remember if I ever doubted the signing of Rashard Lewis. It kinda depends on how much he's getting paid, I guess. But 4 regular season games wouldn't be enough to change my mind either way.

I think every Magic fan and even Otis Smith would agree that they gave him Kobe money when he may not put up Kobe numbers. But the key to the signing is the marginal difference between what he should earn and what he did. Paying him what he should earn over 5 years gives an enormous hard to trade contract that takes up a lot of cap space making free agent signings prohibitive, same as what he makes now.

The key is that Lewis is giving us a guy who will nail the open 3. He has always been able to do that. Last year, our offensive flat out shut down when teams started making runs on us, especially on the road. Nobody could hit a shot. Same was happening tonight, until Lewis just nailed 2 or 3 three pointers. Last year we lose this game 103-97.

Again, Wade is coming back next week, we might be 0-5, but doubt 0-7. His first game could be the 11th against the Knicks

First of all, he won't be back for at least another 10 days (most likely longer). Second, what's the big difference between 0-5 and 0-7?

If youve been following the NBA, you would know hes gonna be back next week. Also, the difference between 05, and 0-7, could be whether you make the playoffs or not

Some people in Orlando are trying to plan a mass exodus from Bright House for them not carrying FSN Florida.

There's really no excuse for it. The other Bright House Florida operators (Tampa Bay and Palm Beach/Wellington, Panhandle is considered part of their Alabama operation) have FSN Florida in Standard Cable. Bright House Orlando wants it in Digital. And before the Magic went there, they didn't want it at all. This has been going on for 20 years, ever since Bright House Orlando was Cablevision of Central Florida and FSN Florida was SportsChannel Florida.

Of course that's not a problem for me. I have DirecTV.

Again, Wade is coming back next week, we might be 0-5, but doubt 0-7. His first game could be the 11th against the Knicks

First of all, he won't be back for at least another 10 days (most likely longer). Second, what's the big difference between 0-5 and 0-7?

If youve been following the NBA, you would know hes gonna be back next week. Also, the difference between 05, and 0-7, could be whether you make the playoffs or not

I followed Dwyane Wade as if he were chocolate and I was the spoon.

Now, two days ago there was an article that said it was likely he'd be out another 2 weeks at least...This morning I read something that mentioned his potential return next week, which would be fantastic.

Regardless, 0-5 and 0-7 does not decide a playoff team. :rolleyes:

I don't think the trade talk has affected their play. As Count said, it's just the beginning of the season. People like to jump off bridges after a couple bad outings, but history has proven that a slow start has absolutely no definitive correlation with success during the whole season.

As a Heat fan, I can attest to that, and I will never judge a team or its players within the first 10 games of the season.