Ricky Williams

BeefWillingham

I dont see how he can hurt us.

A guy who has quit on the team three times and been suspended for a combined 2.5 years is something the dolphins as a team should want to keep away from? He has no future with the dolphins, bringing him in would only be a distraction and take playing time away from Chapman and other young players. If he isnt in the future of the dolphins, he has no business being on or associated with the team.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

They should get Ricky in the games as soon as possible. Let him get some playing time under his belt and get back into the swing of things. Who knows what Ronnie Brown's status will be next year. If Ricky can come in and regain his old form he represents a very low risk insurance policy.

They should get Ricky in the games as soon as possible. Let him get some playing time under his belt and get back into the swing of things. Who knows what Ronnie Brown's status will be next year. If Ricky can come in and regain his old form he represents a very low risk insurance policy.

:thumbup

If the dolphins are smart they stay away from him.

No, if the Dolphins were smart they'd let him play a few games and hopefully he'll do well enough for some team to give up a late round draft pick for him during the offseason.

Sorry to break it to you, but no team is going to trade a draft pick for a 31 year old RB that hasnt played in two years and has three drug suspensions.

Guest Night Phantom

If Ricky can come in and regain his old form he represents a very low risk insurance policy.

I'm all for second chances, but to call Ricky low risk is pretty off the mark, man. Someone who has left your team before and has been suspended three different times (that I can remember) has a huge amount of risk attached to him.

If Ricky can come in and regain his old form he represents a very low risk insurance policy.

I'm all for second chances, but to call Ricky low risk is pretty off the mark, man. Someone who has left your team before and has been suspended three different times (that I can remember) has a huge amount of risk attached to him.

I think he meant low risk in terms of money.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Exactly. I didn't mean he's "low risk" as in he's reliable. Reinstating him will require minimal investment from the Dolphins. If he's successful, the reward could be tremendous this year. Moreover, if he remains stable until next year (a large 'if' I know) then it could prove to be a huge boost to the franchise. It would make the decision not to draft a running back with the 1st pick much easier. That way the team can focus on more pressing needs.

Also, don't you want to see what Ricky Williams is capable of doing with this offensive line? I'm dying to see it.

No, if the Dolphins were smart they'd let him play a few games and hopefully he'll do well enough for some team to give up a late round draft pick for him during the offseason.

Sorry to break it to you, but no team is going to trade a draft pick for a 31 year old RB that hasnt played in two years and has three drug suspensions.

sorry to break it to you, but youre wrong.

I say the dolphins need to stick with him until Ronnie is 100%, and even at that, if he does well, probably just stick with him forever with ronnie #2.

sorry to break it to you, but youre wrong.

I say the dolphins need to stick with him until Ronnie is 100%, and even at that, if he does well, probably just stick with him forever with ronnie #2.

Read what I wrote again, I am saying he has no trade value, not that he doesnt have any value to the dolphins.

Exactly. I didn't mean he's "low risk" as in he's reliable. Reinstating him will require minimal investment from the Dolphins. If he's successful, the reward could be tremendous this year. Moreover, if he remains stable until next year (a large 'if' I know) then it could prove to be a huge boost to the franchise. It would make the decision not to draft a running back with the 1st pick much easier. That way the team can focus on more pressing needs.

Also, don't you want to see what Ricky Williams is capable of doing with this offensive line? I'm dying to see it.

Are the dolphins really going to trust a guy who has quit on them three times already? The worst case senario for the dolphins is that he plays well and they include him in their long term plans (ie not drafting a RB or maybe trading away Chapman for picks) because he is not someone you can trust to be there in the long run.

I am not saying he wont play well, because he may come back and be pretty good. However, the dolphins should plan and make moves as if he is not on the team.

Are the dolphins really going to trust a guy who has quit on them three times already? The worst case senario for the dolphins is that he plays well and they include him in their long term plans (ie not drafting a RB or maybe trading away Chapman for picks) because he is not someone you can trust to be there in the long run.

I am not saying he wont play well, because he may come back and be pretty good. However, the dolphins should plan and make moves as if he is not on the team.

If Ronnie Brown is healthy, they have a running back anyway. Trading away Chatman wouldnt kill the Dolphins, since he is a career backup RB and those are pretty easy to come by.

You also said if the Dolphins are smart they would stay away from him.

Yes I stand by that. If he wanted to come to the jets, I would tell him to beat it.

I dont understand why anyone would want a player who repeatedly quits on the team back?

BTW from early reports, it seems like the dolphins might not invite him back.