I LOVE THE TRADE!!!!!! Here's why....

To begin this is obviously my personal opinion and I am in no way demeaning anyone elses opinion...That being said here is my take.

Willis and Cabrera had to go, the Marlins lineup next year was going to be just as bad as this past year. The record this coming year would probably be the about the same and Miggy and Willy would be one year closer to arbitration and free agency. I know it sux and I felt a certain attachment to these guys as I am sure you did, but rebuilding with prospects is the best avenue the Marlins can take and the haul we got is AWESOME! Andrew Miller IMO is better than Willis right now and Cameron is considered a TOP 5 prospect, TOP 5. The other guys are all top 100. This one deal has put our farm system in the top 5. So when the Marlins do make a push, we will have the ammo to make trade deadline deals. We are not far away guys, this deal did not set us back as much as some of you think.

Guest Miggy is Great

the lineup is markedly worse. not sure what you're talking about.

oh cmon, .320, 30 hrs, 100rbis is easy to replace a 3rd base with no imminent replacement

:sarcasim

To begin this is obviously my personal opinion and I am in no way demeaning anyone elses opinion...That being said here is my take.

Willis and Cabrera had to go, the Marlins lineup next year was going to be just as bad as this past year. The record this coming year would probably be the about the same and Miggy and Willy would be one year closer to arbitration and free agency. I know it sux and I felt a certain attachment to these guys as I am sure you did, but rebuilding with prospects is the best avenue the Marlins can take and the haul we got is AWESOME! Andrew Miller IMO is better than Willis right now and Cameron is considered a TOP 5 prospect, TOP 5. The other guys are all top 100. This one deal has put our farm system in the top 5. So when the Marlins do make a push, we will have the ammo to make trade deadline deals. We are not far away guys, this deal did not set us back as much as some of you think.

a trade for who??? how many stars are making 500 grand these days...?????

No one argues these guys are top prospects *which doesn't guarantee success at the ML level) but the fact that we have to watch them grow and get kicked in the ass every time they are traded away is what kills us.........and Maybin on his best day won't be Cabrera (at least offensively)

Here's my take on the trade. I have had more than 24 hrs to calm down so I can speak about it. We really were not going anywhere with either of them on the roster. It's not like we missed the playoffs last year by a game or two. We really only stayed competitive because the NL East was a joke. We truly need to rebuild so now we have the prospects in place.

Here's my take on the trade. I have had more than 24 hrs to calm down so I can speak about it. We really were not going anywhere with either of them on the roster. It's not like we missed the playoffs last year by a game or two. We really only stayed competitive because the NL East was a joke. We truly need to rebuild so now we have the prospects in place.

:lol