December 19, 200718 yr I like Florida Marlins, because a) we won two world series as the Florida Marlins; b) the F logo is one of the best logos in sports (the black F hat is one of the best selling MLB hats, despite our miniscule fan base nationally); and c) the entire reason to change the name is politically and financially motivated (Loria now has an excuse to force all of us to buy new gear when the stadium opens). There is no reason to change. However, since Miami is ponying up the money, a name change to appease the masses in Miami is a small price to pay for franchise stability. I was wondering how someone was going to turn the name change into a "It's because Loria is greedy" type of thing. I gotta say, that was quite the spin. No matter how incorrect the thought is.
December 19, 200718 yr The only reason Samson thinks the teams colors involve orange is b/c of all the empty seats. So you are saying it's the fault of the fan base that we are changing our colors. I'm saying he is claiming orange as a matter of convienience. Oh. Right. It's not our fault all he sees is empty seats.
December 19, 200718 yr The only reason Samson thinks the teams colors involve orange is b/c of all the empty seats. So you are saying it's the fault of the fan base that we are changing our colors. I'm saying he is claiming orange as a matter of convienience. Oh. Right. It's not our fault all he sees is empty seats. I guess that depends on the "our" you are refering to. I think most of the people on this board support the team in more than what would be considered casual ways, however I think by not attending games in mass numbers we are sending a message to the owners, unfortunately that message is being mininterpreted by the rest of the baseball world. The people on this board are the more hardcore fans and they will be the first to hand over their hard earned money once some stability is found. Blindly handing over money to a franchise that is trying to purge its fanbase on purpose is insane. Personaly I put a little bit of distance between myself and the team so that I don't get crushed yet again. Basically the orange seats are a product of the mis-management from the FO and he is incorporating that color to hide his own mistakes.
December 19, 200718 yr ...Blindly handing over money to a franchise that is trying to purge its fanbase on purpose is insane. As is this statement.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.