Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida Marlins or Miami Marlins

Featured Replies

I just added a poll on the thread.

 

Florida Marlins will always be better to me. I think "Miami Marlins" seems too much like trying to give the franchise more "credibility" by tacking on a history that it doesn't have - isn't 2 World Championships enough for a 15-year old team?

rather keep florida marlins. where are the options like the florida marlins of miami?

Miami Marlins all the way! The state hasn't done anything to help the team out, so they shouldn't get any name recognition...

 

And with the name change, all our "Florida Marlins" logo merchandise, especially the World Series memorabilia, goes up in price/value...

And with the name change, all our "Florida Marlins" logo merchandise, especially the World Series memorabilia, goes up in price/value...

for that to happen you need some demand

as for the name miami marlins distances fanbase from outside of miami

where are the options like the florida marlins of miami?

 

That would be awful.

it was a joke Admin i know its an awful name. what are the angels thinking?

I assume the logo for the Miami Marlins would just be the one in the lower left part of this picture. The one with the "M"

Samson said on one of his segments with LeBatard that "our official colors are black and orange." Take that FWIW moving forward.

Like some have said, I prefer "Florida," but if it helps get a stadium, I'm 100% behind "Miami."

Miami Marlins

 

-The name carries significant minor league history.

-The rest of the state doesn't deserve to be represented by this team.

 

 

 

Well said.

Besides the Twins, Diamondbacks, and Rangers.....isn't every other team named after the city rather than the state? This team should have been the Miami Marlins from the start, except I guess 'ol Wayne didn't want that.

Besides the Twins, Diamondbacks, and Rangers.....isn't every other team named after the city rather than the state? This team should have been the Miami Marlins from the start, except I guess 'ol Wayne didn't want that.

new york doesnt specify a city so thats 5, the angels were at one point the cali angels. its just a ploy to draw in the entire state as a fanbase and when the team came into the league the drays didnt exist

Miami Marlins for sure.

 

The Old Miami Marlins Uni's are WAY BETTER IMHO than the Teal.

 

 

Agreed. I would like the old colors, and besides think of the concessions sales. Then Loria couldn't cry poormouth. He would have money right out of his azz from new jerseys, coffee mugs, pennants, glasses, caps, etc etc etc.

Besides the Twins, Diamondbacks, and Rangers.....isn't every other team named after the city rather than the state? This team should have been the Miami Marlins from the start, except I guess 'ol Wayne didn't want that.

 

How about the Rockies ?

And with the name change, all our "Florida Marlins" logo merchandise, especially the World Series memorabilia, goes up in price/value...

for that to happen you need some demand

as for the name miami marlins distances fanbase from outside of miami

 

Yeah like there are lots of those in the rest of Florida. We see it in the Florida Legislature every year how popular they are.

 

They should have been Miami Marlins from the get-go.

I doesn't matter a whole lot to me either way, but if they do change to Miami Marlins I would hope they would bring back the design of their old spring training hats with the M

I'd like to hear from someone who is old enough to have seen Jim Palmer in a Miami Orioles (Marlins) uniform.......or perhaps even Satchel Paige at Miami Stadium ( :o ).

 

 

COUGHMARLINS2003COUGH

Wow, you are old.

 

uh huh.

 

Pssst, I saw Satchel pitch against Boston in like '63-'64-'65. If I remember they brought him up get him a major league pension or something.

lmao i always thought he was about 32.

 

I'm not quite twice that. :brigginbounce

 

(and the reason I'm here? three-fold - I have a thirteen year old kid so when he's in I'm in, I love baseball and specifically the Marlins and I like to write, call it my hobby.)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.