Florida Marlins or Miami Marlins

mk613

Does anyone have a problem if the Marlins have to change the name to the Miami Marlins instead of the Florida Marlins? Since what i've been seeing the Marlins will have to change the name by 2011 with the proposed funding plan for the stadium.Personally Florida Marlins sounds ALOT better then Miami Marlins and I would hate to see it changed.

Does anyone have a problem if the Marlins have to change the name to the Miami Marlins instead of the Florida Marlins? Since what i've been seeing the Marlins will have to change the name by 2011 with the proposed funding plan for the stadium.Personally Florida Marlins sounds ALOT better then Miami Marlins and I would hate to see it changed.

They could call the team "South Beach Eurotrash United" and I would not give a crap if the team gets a stadium and a commitment towards the future.

They could call the team "South Beach Eurotrash United" and I would not give a crap if the team gets a stadium and a commitment towards the future.

I believe that's already been chosen for our new MLS team.

I think I speak for the majority when I say I would gladly make said name change if it means having our own stadium in SoFla, with the long-term stability it brings, and an end to the sad saga of relocation/contraction talk. It's a small price to pay.

Having said that -- being a traditionalist, I'd prefer it if they stayed the Florida Marlins. Unless they allow me to re-design their unis. :mischief

I guess it doesn't much matter whether we like it or not, because it's going to happen if the Marlins are to remain in South Florida. I like the look of the current uniforms so I hope they do not mess with it too much. I am a fan of the teal but it looks better as a highlight (or secondary color) rather than a primary color.

I do not know if this would happen or not, but if the stadium deal is completed, I would like to see them make the name switch as soon as possible rather than waiting until 2011. Since fans know the name change will be coming, the merchandise sporting an "F" or "Florida" will become 'lame duck' merchandise. Why invest in a jersey now if you know it will not be current in a couple of years (unless you are into collecting vintage jerseys or want a momento of the Florida Marlins era)?

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Miami Marlins

-The name carries significant minor league history.

-The rest of the state doesn't deserve to be represented by this team.

This man speaks truth. :thumbup

Also, when the franchised was founded, the Marlins were the only team in the state and supposedly they chose "Florida Marlins" to appeal to a larger fanbase...

...that worked out well.

Guest iFesta Touch

Here are some of the "throwback" styles. I would love to see them incorporate a little more of the history. Love the look.

:thumbup

1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1978 Florida State League Champions

The Sun Sox also won an IL championship in '54.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I personally am not a fan of our current branding. I would love to see us move in a different direction branding wise. Most every team in the MLB has these iconic, historic brands and ours looks a little ridiculous in my opinion. I would love to restart history with some Marlins branding.

+1

Very chincy, in my opinion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.