Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida Marlins or Miami Marlins

Featured Replies

Does anyone have a problem if the Marlins have to change the name to the Miami Marlins instead of the Florida Marlins? Since what i've been seeing the Marlins will have to change the name by 2011 with the proposed funding plan for the stadium.Personally Florida Marlins sounds ALOT better then Miami Marlins and I would hate to see it changed.

Does anyone have a problem if the Marlins have to change the name to the Miami Marlins instead of the Florida Marlins? Since what i've been seeing the Marlins will have to change the name by 2011 with the proposed funding plan for the stadium.Personally Florida Marlins sounds ALOT better then Miami Marlins and I would hate to see it changed.

They could call the team "South Beach Eurotrash United" and I would not give a crap if the team gets a stadium and a commitment towards the future.

Does anyone have a problem if the Marlins have to change the name to the Miami Marlins instead of the Florida Marlins? Since what i've been seeing the Marlins will have to change the name by 2011 with the proposed funding plan for the stadium.Personally Florida Marlins sounds ALOT better then Miami Marlins and I would hate to see it changed.

They could call the team "South Beach Eurotrash United" and I would not give a crap if the team gets a stadium and a commitment towards the future.

 

I believe that's already been chosen for our new MLS team.

I would like it, as long as they adopt more teal...

 

Black, and most importantly Navy or Royal Blue has been played out.

 

Teal is distinctive, and a hallmark of this franchise since its early years.

 

I would like to see it back.

 

Miami Marlins, FTW!!!

I am going to be sad to see the F logo go, especially concidering how many of them I have decorating my home. The real thing I am scared of is that Loria will try to rid the team of teal with the name change and try to replace it with his beloved orange.

I think I speak for the majority when I say I would gladly make said name change if it means having our own stadium in SoFla, with the long-term stability it brings, and an end to the sad saga of relocation/contraction talk. It's a small price to pay.

 

 

Having said that -- being a traditionalist, I'd prefer it if they stayed the Florida Marlins. Unless they allow me to re-design their unis. :mischief

"Florida Marlins" sounds a lot better. However, the state has repeatedly denied them funding

for a stadium so why the hell should they be represented?

I prefer Florida ... but whatever. And I would like to see our original uniforms make a comeback.

miami. should have been miami since the beginning. the minor league team they were named after were the miami marlins. they play (or will play) in miami... and there is another florida team now.

I've always liked Miami Marlins better...

And now that there Hopefully gonna be in downtown i dont see why they shound't switch...

Miami Marlins

 

-The name carries significant minor league history.

-The rest of the state doesn't deserve to be represented by this team.

I guess it doesn't much matter whether we like it or not, because it's going to happen if the Marlins are to remain in South Florida. I like the look of the current uniforms so I hope they do not mess with it too much. I am a fan of the teal but it looks better as a highlight (or secondary color) rather than a primary color.

 

I do not know if this would happen or not, but if the stadium deal is completed, I would like to see them make the name switch as soon as possible rather than waiting until 2011. Since fans know the name change will be coming, the merchandise sporting an "F" or "Florida" will become 'lame duck' merchandise. Why invest in a jersey now if you know it will not be current in a couple of years (unless you are into collecting vintage jerseys or want a momento of the Florida Marlins era)?

Miami Marlins

 

-The name carries significant minor league history.

-The rest of the state doesn't deserve to be represented by this team.

This man speaks truth. :thumbup

 

Also, when the franchised was founded, the Marlins were the only team in the state and supposedly they chose "Florida Marlins" to appeal to a larger fanbase...

 

...that worked out well.

I hope that with the possible name change we incorporate the Origional Miami Marlins.

 

 

 

 

 

Didn't we wear Miami marlins throwbacks once before?

Here are some of the "throwback" styles. I would love to see them incorporate a little more of the history. Love the look.

Here are some of the "throwback" styles. I would love to see them incorporate a little more of the history. Love the look.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:thumbup

 

1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1978 Florida State League Champions

 

The Sun Sox also won an IL championship in '54.

I like them as Florida, but they probably should become Miami now. There are two Florida teams anyway. Maybe they could keep the colrs and change the F to an M. My wife has a visor with the M logo and fish instead of the F.

I personally am not a fan of our current branding. I would love to see us move in a different direction branding wise. Most every team in the MLB has these iconic, historic brands and ours looks a little ridiculous in my opinion. I would love to restart history with some Marlins branding.

I personally am not a fan of our current branding. I would love to see us move in a different direction branding wise. Most every team in the MLB has these iconic, historic brands and ours looks a little ridiculous in my opinion. I would love to restart history with some Marlins branding.

+1

 

Very chincy, in my opinion.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.