Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida Marlins or Miami Marlins

Featured Replies

I would not care if the Colors were Black and Orange or Black and Teal, as longs Black is the secondary color.

 

Too much frigging black on their uniform now a days. I think the only teal there is on the sleeve logo.

don't care what they're called as long as they raise the payroll and win some games, I could care less.....

I think Broward and Palm Beach have as much to do with the fanbase as Miami so I prefer the Florida Marlins over the Miami Marlins, also I don't like the M logo at all.

 

I like the current uniforms as well, too much teal is tacky and beer-league looking but as an accent its pretty cool.

lmao i always thought he was about 32.

 

I'm not quite twice that. :brigginbounce

 

(and the reason I'm here? three-fold - I have a thirteen year old kid so when he's in I'm in, I love baseball and specifically the Marlins and I like to write, call it my hobby.)

 

2 things are apparent. You have a couple years on me. And I started faaarrr earlier than you on having kids. Mine are grown, gone, and have some of their own.

Miami Marlins

 

-The name carries significant minor league history.

-The rest of the state doesn't deserve to be represented by this team.

This.

 

Samson said on one of his segments with LeBatard that "our official colors are black and orange." Take that FWIW moving forward.

:(

 

The orange is crazy ugly and there's already a team with orange/black anyways. TEAL DAMMIT.

If they actually had teal in their uniforms, I wouldn't bitch.

But there is litterally no teal on their jerseys except for the teal on the sleeve patch.

 

And by sleeve patch, I mean the Tail of the Marlin on the sleeve and hat.

 

I think loria would make the MLB logo black and white if the white sox didn't already have it.

 

Seriously. Team Colors are TEAL AND BLACK....not BLACK AND TEAL.

 

Throw some team on the pinstripes, the wordmark, the belts, hell, maybe even the shoes.

 

Chris

The only reason Samson thinks the teams colors involve orange is b/c of all the empty seats.

 

They need more (some?) teal and a little bit of orange wouldn't hurt as an accent. A lot of teams use 4 colors, especially the ones with more modern designs whereas the more traditional teams only use two and one of those is very often white. I could very easily see a black hat with a teal bill (reverse of the original road hats) or a black hat with an orange button on the top. Orange really has nothing to do with fish or the ocean (except corals) but I think orange is a very "miami" color.

Miami Marlins

 

-The name carries significant minor league history.

-The rest of the state doesn't deserve to be represented by this team.

This.

 

Samson said on one of his segments with LeBatard that "our official colors are black and orange." Take that FWIW moving forward.

:(

 

The orange is crazy ugly and there's already a team with orange/black anyways. TEAL DAMMIT.

 

It's been out there the last couple years the colors are changing to orange and black. Even alot of the give-aways are orange. Ball caps, floppies, tshirts, etc... I didn't like it at first but it is growing on me now.

The only reason Samson thinks the teams colors involve orange is b/c of all the empty seats.

 

So you are saying it's the fault of the fan base that we are changing our colors.

since the miami marlins name absolutely sucks.......what about the Florida Marlins of Miami????????

 

 

YES OMG THAT IS AWESOME!!!11 Florida Marlins of the Maimi!!!1

The Florida Marlins of Miami of Dade County of Florida of The Untied States of America of The World Of The Universe

The Florida Marlins of Miami of Dade County of Florida of The Untied States of America of The World Of The Universe

 

Of God's Kingdom

The Florida Marlins of Miami of Dade County of Florida of The Untied States of America of The World Of The Universe

 

Of God's Kingdom

of Heaven!!!!!!!

The Florida Marlins of Miami of Dade County of Florida of The Untied States of America of The World Of The Universe

 

Of God's Kingdom

 

They'd have a sentence on the front of the jersey. lol

I like Florida Marlins, because a) we won two world series as the Florida Marlins; b) the F logo is one of the best logos in sports (the black F hat is one of the best selling MLB hats, despite our miniscule fan base nationally); and c) the entire reason to change the name is politically and financially motivated (Loria now has an excuse to force all of us to buy new gear when the stadium opens).

 

There is no reason to change. However, since Miami is ponying up the money, a name change to appease the masses in Miami is a small price to pay for franchise stability.

The only reason Samson thinks the teams colors involve orange is b/c of all the empty seats.

 

So you are saying it's the fault of the fan base that we are changing our colors.

 

I'm saying he is claiming orange as a matter of convienience.

since the miami marlins name absolutely sucks.......what about the Florida Marlins of Miami???????? i mean the angels did exactly that.

:blink: :thumbdown :banghead

Not no but HELL f***IN NO!

Whats the big deal anyways? Does anyone say "I am a fan of Florida" when asked who their baseball team is? I just say marlins when I get asked.

 

In reality people will cry for a little bit, but then just get used to it. Who still says or misses California Angels?

since the miami marlins name absolutely sucks.......what about the Florida Marlins of Miami????????

 

 

YES OMG THAT IS AWESOME!!!11 Florida Marlins of the Maimi!!!1

of Little Havana

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.