Another Disney Death

Lefty

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/orl-bk-disneya...la_tab01_layout

A 44-year-old man has died after riding the Expedition Everest roller coaster at Disney's Animal Kingdom today.

Jeffrey Reed, of Navarre, was unconscious and unresponsive when his ride vehicle pulled into the unload area, around 11:25 this morning.

Another park guests who is a registered nurse and a Disney employee began cardiopulmonary resuscitation until Reedy Creek Emergency Services paramedics arrived and took over, said Assistant Fire Chief Bo Jones.

The man had no pulse when paramedics arrived, Jones said. There was no apparent trauma and "no obvious signs of any cause," Jones said. The paramedics transported him to Celebration Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Walt Disney World officials said the ride was inspected this morning and was operating properly, but is currently closed while Disney officials reconfirm the ride's status.

The Florida Bureau of Fair Rides Inspection and the Orange County Sheriff's Office were notified.

A Disney spokeswoman said the company has offered the man's family "our deepest sympathies" and offered assistance.

The death is the first associated with the roller coaster Expedition Everest, which opened in early 2006. That ride includes tight twists and turns and some backwards travel but is not a particularly fast or steep roller coaster and has no loops.

The death is the third death associated with a Disney attraction this year and the first since March, when a man died after collapsing at the Downhill Double Dipper at Blizzard Beach.

I can almost guarantee this was due to pre existing health conditions.

The rides in Disney are nowhere near as bad as some of the ones in Santa's Enchanted Forrest.

I'm surprised nobody has been killed there so far. That ride with the chairs that go around really fast and flip you forward and backwards made me wanna throw up waaay more than mission space did in Epcot, and some of them just look like they're gonna fall apart any second. But yeah, dude probably had some prior health issues.

The rides in Disney are nowhere near as bad as some of the ones in Santa's Enchanted Forrest.

I'm surprised nobody has been killed there so far. That ride with the chairs that go around really fast and flip you forward and backwards made me wanna throw up waaay more than mission space did in Epcot, and some of them just look like they're gonna fall apart any second. But yeah, dude probably had some prior health issues.

I havent been to Santa's since I was 14 but I know the ride you speak of. I will never ever ride that thing ever again at any fair/amusment park EVER.

I havent been to Santa's since I was 14 but I know the ride you speak of. I will never ever ride that thing ever again at any fair/amusment park EVER.

Power went out on my first ever ferris wheel ride at Santa's. Stuck there for over an hour. Traumatic stuff.

Reports are the guy did have a pre-existing heart condition.

Celebration Hospital......what a name.

It's actually "Celebration Health".

There was a column in yesterday's Sentinel, a pundit said you're no more likely to die at Disney than at any other huge gathering place. In fact, you're more likely to die on I-4 than at Disney.

It's so sad when something tragic like this happens anywhere, much less an amusement park.

It goes to show we have more 'preexisting health conditions' than we know of. I'm sure the last thing this guy thought of was, "Gee, I wonder if I'm gonna die on this ride?"

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

-Worker died at Animal Kingdom

Falls, hits head .. could happen anywhere IMO.

-Man died at Magic Kingdom

Falls, slips, lost balance, another "could happen anywhere"

-Man died on Disney bus

Heart attack, anywhere..

-Man died on Expedition Everest

Perhaps EE played a small role in his death, but he still could have had it occur anywhere

None of those deaths would cause me to not go to Disney because its "not so magical" .. freak accidents at best that could occur anywhere.

-Man died on Disney bus

Heart attack, anywhere..

Perhaps EE played a small role in his death, but he still could have had it occur anywhere

None of those deaths would cause me to not go to Disney because its "not so magical" .. freak accidents at best that could occur anywhere.

Same here. Just sharing.

-Man died on Disney bus

Heart attack, anywhere..

Actually freak accidents at worst. More than likely "acts of God".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.