Spring Training tickets?

TheAnswer

I'm trying to get a nice present for my dad, and I was wondering whether anyone knew anything about when spring training tickets go on sale/ what kind of packages are available. It seems to me that they don't go on sale for a little while, but I thought that someone here would know more exactly than me. Thanks in advance!

Anyone have the full Marlins ST schedule? Would like to start picking differnt ball parks to go watch them in. Dodgertown is definetly on the list even if we have to take a day off for it. Not going to miss the Marlins probable last visit there.

Go to each team's websites for a ST schedule. That's what I did when planning my ST roadtrip with my son last year. Usually, most teams have the schedules all done by mid-January. You'll see many teams have "incomplete" schedules, though.

Anyone have the full Marlins ST schedule? Would like to start picking differnt ball parks to go watch them in. Dodgertown is definetly on the list even if we have to take a day off for it. Not going to miss the Marlins probable last visit there.

Go to each team's websites for a ST schedule. That's what I did when planning my ST roadtrip with my son last year. Usually, most teams have the schedules all done by mid-January. You'll see many teams have "incomplete" schedules, though.

Thanks. I'm looking for the lazy way out. If I have to I can wait until Jan 26th when single game tix go on sale for ST. They usually have pocket schedules at Roger Dean for the Marlins and Cards just for ST.

From RogerDeanStadium.com:

2008 FLORIDA MARLINS SPRING TRAINING SCHEDULE

DAY DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME

Tuesday February 26 University of Miami Jupiter 3:05 PM

Wednesday February 27 Washington Nationals Jupiter 7:05 PM

Thursday February 28 @ Baltimore Orioles Ft. Lauderdale 1:05 PM

Friday February 29 Baltimore Orioles Jupiter 1:05 PM

Friday February 29 @ Wash. Nationals Viera 1:05 PM

Saturday March 1 St. Louis Cardinals Jupiter 1:05 PM

Sunday March 2 @ St. Louis Cardinals Jupiter 1:05 PM

Monday March 3 Boston Red Sox Jupiter 1:05 PM

Tuesday March 4 New York Mets Jupiter 1:05 PM

Wednesday March 5 @ Baltimore Orioles Ft. Lauderdale 1:05 PM

Wednesday March 5 St. Louis Cardinals Jupiter 7:05 PM

Thursday March 6 @ St. Louis Cardinals Jupiter 1:05 PM

Friday March 7 Washington Nationals Jupiter 1:05 PM

Saturday March 8 @ Boston Red Sox Ft. Myers 1:05 PM

Saturday March 8 @ New York Mets Port St. Lucie 1:00 PM

Sunday March 9 Baltimore Orioles Jupiter 1:05 PM

Monday March 10 Minnesota Twins Jupiter 1:05 PM

Tuesday March 11 @ LA Dodgers Vero Beach 1:05 PM

Wednesday March 12 St. Louis Cardinals Jupiter 1:05 PM

Thursday March 13 @ Wash. Nationals Viera 1:05 PM

Friday March 14 New York Mets Jupiter 1:05 PM

Saturday March 15 Baltimore Orioles Jupiter 1:05 PM

Sunday March 16 @ LA Dodgers Vero Beach 1:05 PM

Monday March 17 @ Minnesota Twins Ft. Myers 1:05 PM

Tuesday March 18 Los Angeles Dodgers Jupiter 1:05 PM

Thursday March 20 @ St. Louis Cardinals Jupiter 1:05 PM

Friday March 21 @ Houston Astros Kissimmee 1:05 PM

Saturday March 22 @ Baltimore Orioles Ft. Lauderdale 1:05 PM

Sunday March 23 Washington Nationals Jupiter 1:05 PM

Monday March 24 Houston Astros Jupiter 1:05 PM

Tuesday March 25 @ Baltimore Orioles Ft. Lauderdale 1:05 PM

Wednesday March 26 @ New York Mets Port St. Lucie 1:00 PM

Thursday March 27 St. Louis Cardinals Jupiter 1:05 PM

Friday March 28 New York Yankees Miami 7:10 PM

Saturday March 29 New York Yankees Miami 6:10 PM

All game times are subject to change

Thanks Beetle. You made my morning. Sunday game @ Dodgertown!!! I don't even have to take a day off for that. And that game @ Ft Meyers on a Saturday is road trip worthy. There a couple home games besides just the home opener we can attend as well. The rest of our free vouchers we get from paying up front for our season tickets we will be donating to the Community Foundation.

We were also thinking of taking a road trip up to "Mouse Ears Stadium" to catch a game. Looks like a great place. Might be fun to catch the Tigers there. Dressed in Marlins gear of course. I could bring Miggy his glove. He "forgot" it when he packed.

I could bring Miggy his glove. He "forgot" it when he packed.

You seem focused on Miggy "forgetting" his glove. I am just extremely saddened that he took his bat, or rather, his future HOF bat was was traded away.

Build a team on defense and pitching and then have a team that ranks so low in defense with a 3B that is the worst in the league. We didn't have an offensive problem last year and look how that turned out. I would think people would learn. Apparently not. I will give you credit for one thing. I gotta stop saying he "forgot" his glove. With a .941 FPCT last year and a .954 the year before, it would be closer to the truth to say he never had one in the first place. He's a DH waiting to happen. My guess is that after the '09 season some big market team is going to pay alot of money for his services at that position. To me that is pretty sad for such a young ball player.

"Future HOF bat" is very speculative. I can see him getting a few bats in there, but I rather doubt he gets a plaque.

Be saddened all you want. A real glove at 3B improves Hanley's defensive numbers, probably less errors to Jake (although that could be argueable to some degree), and does wonders for the pitching staff (that is not argueable).

You seem focused on Miggy "forgetting" his glove. I am just extremely saddened that he took his bat, or rather, his future HOF bat was was traded away.

Build a team on defense and pitching and then have a team that ranks so low in defense with a 3B that is the worst in the league. We didn't have an offensive problem last year and look how that turned out. I would think people would learn. Apparently not. I will give you credit for one thing. I gotta stop saying he "forgot" his glove. With a .941 FPCT last year and a .954 the year before, it would be closer to the truth to say he never had one in the first place. He's a DH waiting to happen. My guess is that after the '09 season some big market team is going to pay alot of money for his services at that position. To me that is pretty sad for such a young ball player.

"Future HOF bat" is very speculative. I can see him getting a few bats in there, but I rather doubt he gets a plaque.

Be saddened all you want. A real glove at 3B improves Hanley's defensive numbers, probably less errors to Jake (although that could be argueable to some degree), and does wonders for the pitching staff (that is not argueable).

Miguel's got as good a chance as anybody in the league at being a future HOFer. Just because you think he isn't very good at defense doesn't mean he doesn't. He's doing things that very few people in baseball history have done with the bat.

Miguel's got as good a chance as anybody in the league at being a future HOFer. Just because you think he isn't very good at defense doesn't mean he doesn't. He's doing things that very few people in baseball history have done with the bat.

Okay. So by your statement everyone taking the field is a future HOFer.

I'm done with the Miggy stuff on this thread. IMO it was just a way for Spikeyboy to put inject some complaints onto a nonrelated thread. The rest of us on this thread are planning our ST schedules and itinerary. No whineing. No tantrums. Just getting ourselves ready for some baseball.

I'm done with the Miggy stuff on this thread. IMO it was just a way for Spikeyboy to put inject some complaints onto a nonrelated thread. The rest of us on this thread are planning our ST schedules and itinerary. No whineing. No tantrums. Just getting ourselves ready for some baseball.

First of all I am the one who responded to your comment about Miggy forgetting his glove. My name is not "Spikeyboy", in fact, I'm not a boy. Secondly, you are the one who brought Miggy into this thread. If you saw whining and tantrums in my comment then there is a reading comprehension problem.

I too am looking forward to spring training because it is possible to disagree with/criticize the FO and still be a fan of the team. Also, before you revert to the usual attendance issue, I have already renewed by season ticket package which I’ve had for years, so please, don’t even go there.

First of all I am the one who responded to your comment about Miggy forgetting his glove. My name is not "Spikeyboy", in fact, I'm not a boy. Secondly, you are the one who brought Miggy into this thread. If you saw whining and tantrums in my comment then there is a reading comprehension problem.

I too am looking forward to spring training because it is possible to disagree with/criticize the FO and still be a fan of the team. Also, before you revert to the usual attendance issue, I have already renewed by season ticket package which I?ve had for years, so please, don?t even go there.

Whatever you say.

You misunderstood my point completely. Not that it matters.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.