Jason Phillips?

fishtail99

stinks.

.208 AVG/.269 OBP/.278 SLG/547 OPS/1 homer/ 12 RBI in 144 AB

No thanks

wow you are right he does stink sorry I even mentioned him coming up with us. Besides they did let him go

For our catcher, I don't really care as much about his offense than how he will be able to handle our pitchers and their pitches. If he can save our arms and call a game, I say sign him.

stinks.

No thanks

wow you are right he does stink sorry I even mentioned him coming up with us. Besides they did let him go

For our catcher, I don't really care as much about his offense than how he will be able to handle our pitchers and their pitches. If he can save our arms and call a game, I say sign him.

we have catchers that can handle our pitchers

stinks.

No thanks

I mean handle them Well. If treanor were the answer We wouldn't have signed Rabelo. We don't really know how Rabelo is gonna turn out. So, If Phillips could do a better job than those two, I wouldn't mind signing him.

stinks.

No thanks

I mean handle them Well. If treanor were the answer We wouldn't have signed Rabelo. We don't really know how Rabelo is gonna turn out. So, If Phillips could do a better job than those two, I wouldn't mind signing him.

rabelo was not signed he was traded for. if we wanted a catcher that is going to hit under .200 and handles pitchers well couldnt we bring up brett hayes. the club has more than enough catchers that are good defensively, they are searching for someone who might help the pitchers out by adding on runs rather than just being a solid defender

stinks.

No thanks

What a fallacious argument.

The Marlins non-tendered their starting catcher from 2007 so the trade for Rabelo shouldn't be regarded as little more than maintaining depth at the position.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate that Phillips could match Treanor's performance, which has been on the rise.

bingo

stinks.

No thanks

What a fallacious argument.

The Marlins non-tendered their starting catcher from 2007 so the trade for Rabelo shouldn't be regarded as little more than maintaining depth at the position.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate that Phillips could match Treanor's performance, which has been on the rise.

You know, this is why many times, I cringe at posting on this site. Some of you people are just way overboard. Microanalyzing anything anyone says. I just said I would be willing to give Phillips a chance. I am not to satisfied w/ either option at catcher. I stated my opinion. Thats it. I don't have to give a dissertation as to why my opinion is the way it is. If you don't like it, go to Afghanistan and try to control what people say there. As for now, my opinion is that. If you don't like what you hear, f*** off.

Some of you guys ride such a high horse, I'm surprised anyone posts on this site anymore. Take a chill pill and relax.

I mean handle them Well. If treanor were the answer We wouldn't have signed Rabelo. We don't really know how Rabelo is gonna turn out. So, If Phillips could do a better job than those two, I wouldn't mind signing him. :fyou

No. It is not that my post just made sense to me. The question that started this topic was the following:

"Should we bring him up as a back up first basemen or catcher? He could help the team in '08 "

I answered it. I would give the guy a chance. Then Dr.Ruth starts criticizing my response out of the blue.

No. It is not that my post just made sense to me. The question that started this topic was the following:

"Should we bring him up as a back up first basemen or catcher? He could help the team in '08 "

I answered it. I would give the guy a chance. Then Dr.Ruth starts criticizing my response out of the blue.

I don't see how we can even use the guy though. We have enough depth at first base, and the guy is not exactly solid with the bat either. Not saying we need a Greg Colbrun or a Darren Daulton, but if we wanted to fill such a hole we'd get someone who can contribute a the major league level. I think Phillips is a career minor leaguer at best.

With the uncertainty of how Rabelo is gonna pan out, I'd agree that having another option wouldn't be a bad idea. Why would you limit your options? If you can sign a guy for cheap and bring in some more competition, go for it...

And Panthino - I know what you mean dude.. I don't post here as much as I used to cause of my son and work really, but I was also getting tired of people expecting you to backup every statement with an explanation of no less than 120 words.. And if you refer to something you've either heard or read, the link committe attacks you and wants you to provide every source and link you obtained that information from. Whatever happened to casual baseball talk? Especially in the offseason... I'm not here to have to do research and provide evidence for every comment I make.. Anyways, I think for the most part, people here are cool... But the ones that treat this like a job just stand out more...

With the uncertainty of how Rabelo is gonna pan out, I'd agree that having another option wouldn't be a bad idea. Why would you limit your options? If you can sign a guy for cheap and bring in some more competition, go for it...

And Panthino - I know what you mean dude.. I don't post here as much as I used to cause of my son and work really, but I was also getting tired of people expecting you to backup every statement with an explanation of no less than 120 words.. And if you refer to something you've either heard or read, the link committe attacks you and wants you to provide every source and link you obtained that information from. Whatever happened to casual baseball talk? Especially in the offseason... I'm not here to have to do research and provide evidence for every comment I make.. Anyways, I think for the most part, people here are cool... But the ones that treat this like a job just stand out more...

I appreciate the words. I love the "link committe" reference. It is so true what you say. What ever happened to casual baseball talk? Enjoy the offseason. Baseball will be here soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.