My Perfect Night

Wild Card

I was sitting here at the computer, posting my thoughts on tonights game, when my doorbell rings. I get up, and go to the door in my P.E. uniform to see who it is.

My brother? What's he doing here?

So I open the door, "get dressed" he says. "We're going to the game."

"What game?" I say, scratching my head. "The world series, dumbass" responds my brother (this is at 6:45, too, so we didn't have much time).

So, I sign-off line, without telling anybody on the board where I'm going, get dressed as fast as possible, and head out the door, on my way to Roger Clemens last game.

We arrived in time for the first pitch (for Roger Clemens, in the bottom of the 1st).

Pierre, out. Castillo, out. It starts to look like Clemens is going to dominate his last game. But wait-- the fan fav, Pudge, singles. Then, the BIGGEST fan fav, IMO, gets to the plate. His first career at-bat against one of if not the best pitcher ever, and he hits a home run. It was louder than anything you could imagine.

In the bottom of the seventh, literally about 30,000 cameras went flashing for the last three pitches of his career. Not only that, but it was a respectful crowd, aware that he was due up-to-bat 1st in the 8th inning. He recieved an ovation possibly even louder than what he could have gotten in Yankee Stadium.

It wasn't quite a perfect night, because Urbina blew the lead, but Alex sure made it close.

The crowd enthusiasm was insane. Whenever a "Lets go Yankees" chant started (it only happened like twice) it fazed away into a Marlins chant.

W/o a doubt the best game I've ever seen in person, including game 7 of the world series. Just amazing.

Awesome!! :D

Very possibly the greatest night of my life.

It was just amazing.

When I was in the stadium bathroom, it was nothing but Yankee fans (it was the second inning, and they were relieving themselves from all the drinking they did in the long 1st...). I was in the stall, where nobody could see me, and with the best fake Boston accent you will ever hear, I said, " JetAAA sucks, NomAAA is wicked AAAsome!" They were like, "WHO SAID THAT!" It was hilarious.

I was in the stall, where nobody could see me, and with the best fake Boston accent you will ever hear, I said, " JetAAA sucks, NomAAA is wicked AAAsome!" They were like, "WHO SAID THAT!" It was hilarious.

that might be the funniest thing i ever heard... :w00t

Say Chowdah!

The Simpsons...

Classic.

There were so many "Yankees Suck!" chants I couldn't even count.

And even on the exit ramp (literally out Pro Player, not onto the highway; damn football stadium) all the fans were going just as nuts as they were when A-Gon hit that home-run.

Your story is awesome... I think I must have gone to Fenway Park on Tuesday or something. It was horrible.... However, I stayed through the rain and everything else (you know fights, drunks, a**holes that stand up in the middle of an important play and block your view, etc)

I am glad you enjoyed yourself... On a different note, Please do not chant "Yankees Suck" anymore, it is so played out and it seems to me that whatever team chants this slogan gets a curse on their backs and loses misserably... How about Yankees Stink or something else, let's start a new tradition.

Awesome!!? :D

It was just amazing.

When I was in the stadium bathroom, it was nothing but Yankee fans (it was the second inning, and they were relieving themselves from all the drinking they did in the long 1st...). I was in the stall, where nobody could see me, and with the best fake Boston accent you will ever hear, I said, " JetAAA sucks, NomAAA is wicked AAAsome!" They were like, "WHO SAID THAT!" It was hilarious. :lol :lol HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Great story man, good to hear you saw such a great game.

Awesome!!? :D

It was just amazing.

When I was in the stadium bathroom, it was nothing but Yankee fans (it was the second inning, and they were relieving themselves from all the drinking they did in the long 1st...). I was in the stall, where nobody could see me, and with the best fake Boston accent you will ever hear, I said, " JetAAA sucks, NomAAA is wicked AAAsome!" They were like, "WHO SAID THAT!" It was hilarious. ROFLMAO!!!!!!! That's hilarious.

That's great that you got to go last night, Wild Card :)

There's nothing quite like seeing the World Series in person. I was lucky enough to go to Games 1 and 2 of the 2001 World Series out here in Arizona. The crowd was ecstatic, the place lit up like a Christmas tree, the atmosphere electric. Seeing baseball in person is fun in itself, but when it's the World Series, it's even more exciting.

:marlins

Another awesome thing of yesterday's game was when the Upper deck made that World Series MLB signed.

Ah yes, I forgot about that!

It said "World" down the 1st base line to home plate, down the third base line to LF it said "Series", and in the corner of the upper deck behind home plate said "03".

It was amazing. I had never seen anything like it.

On another note, WHY are you wearing a Yankees uniform in your profile photo?? I want to rip the nuts off the sponsor of your little league team.

First of all, it's a travel team. BIG difference.

Second, I don't know, they give me a uniform and I put it on. lol. Ah, sorry, sorry, Mr. Wildcard. I sucked so bad when I played little league that I couldn't even get past the "minor league" in Delray National.

Well I lived in Boynton back in the day. I played little league at Delray National, soccer in Delray & Boynton, and flag football in Boynton. All the schools I went to were Delray schools, although for 1 year they bussed me to Omni because they didn't have a gifted program at Carver year. I gotta admit, the Boca/Delray rivalry was pretty ferocious at Omni, and I could never stand how everybody would ask me, "What development do you live in?" hehe...

Anyways, that was years ago. Right now I go to medical school at UM, so I actually have a chance to attend a few games every now and then without having to spend two hours driving. My folks still live up in Boynton, so I still go up there once in awhile. Where in Boca do you live?

Anyways, that was years ago. Right now I go to medical school at UM, so I actually have a chance to attend a few games every now and then without having to spend two hours driving. My folks still live up in Boynton, so I still go up there once in awhile. Where in Boca do you live?

My sister is at UM now, and is going to be a Physicans Assistant. Never know, you might know her.

I live in East Boca and North Boca (mom and dad).

BTW: the Boca/Delray rivalry is much stronger between Boca Middle/Carver and Boca High/Atlantic than between Omni and Spanish River. lol.

Anyways, that was years ago.? Right now I go to medical school at UM, so I actually have a chance to attend a few games every now and then without having to spend two hours driving.? My folks still live up in Boynton, so I still go up there once in awhile.? Where in Boca do you live?

My sister is at UM now, and is going to be a Physicans Assistant. Never know, you might know her.

I live in East Boca and North Boca (mom and dad).

BTW: the Boca/Delray rivalry is much stronger between Boca Middle/Carver and Boca High/Atlantic than between Omni and Spanish River. lol. Maybe I do know her. What's her name?

And the Boca/Delray rivalry at Omni I was referring to was between the Omni students who live in Boca and the Omni students who live in Delray. It was like a rich/poor wrestling match; they'd fight constantly. The year I went to Omni, one student killed a bus driver and another student broke the assistant principal's neck.

When I went to Atlantic, there really weren't a whole lot of sports rivalries. Our football team sucked every year except one, when we went to play for the Florida state championship or something... Mike Rumph (the Hurricane and now 49er) was our RB.

Maybe I do know her. What's her name?

My sisters name is Melissa Clinton, and she's a senior.

When I went to Atlantic, there really weren't a whole lot of sports rivalries. Our football team sucked every year except one, when we went to play for the Florida state championship or something... Mike Rumph (the Hurricane and now 49er) was our RB.

Well, Atlantic is pretty damn good now (6-1), but not quite as good as Boca High (7-0). They're our second biggest rivalry (we play them the last week of this season), as our biggest rivalry is the utterly atrocious Spanish River Sharks.

Well, Atlantic is pretty damn good now (6-1), but not quite as good as Boca High (7-0). They're our second biggest rivalry (we play them the last week of this season), as our biggest rivalry is the utterly atrocious Spanish River Sharks.

No frickin way!! Maybe I should go up this Friday and catch the game... When I went to ATL, we had more beef with Spanish River than Boca High.

No frickin way!! Maybe I should go up this Friday and catch the game... When I went to ATL, we had more beef with Spanish River than Boca High. The inner Boca rivalry has become big.

When we played them earlier this year, 400 people showed up to the game AT Spanish River. Literally 300 of them were Boca High fans. In fact, my brother was named MVP of that game by the Sunshine Network, who aired it on TV as their "High School Game of the Week."