Official Wrestling Discussion

The tag team chamber match was certainly the better of the two but some strange booking decisions eg The Ascension randomly looking good after months of sucking, Kidd and Cesaro being eliminated cheaply with a roll-up and El Torito even just being in the chamber to begin with.

Fine that Ryback got the title but the match was slow and without many properly exciting spots. Also some questionable decisions - why build up Barrett as King of the Ring then squash him as first man pinned?

​Barrett must have wiped Vince's ass incorrectly one time or something. Not sure what to tell you.

They gave him the King gimmick so they could officially transition away from calling him "Bad News", since he wasn't delivering bad news, which was the last time he was actually interesting. The king stuff isn't really working so he'll have to find a new thing at some point soon.

I'm really hoping for a Rusev/Lana reconciliation at Summerslam. Ziggler/Lana is obviously DOA and the Lana and Rusev pairing just works. Add to that the fact that the moment Rusev apologizes he and Lana can very very very easily go on what I think could be an absolutely great face run. Rusev has Brock Lesnar as a face like potential in which he just kicks peoples ass in the name what he believes in right and for his Lana. I really think a face run starting at Summerslam would do huge things for Rusev's career.

I love the Dean/Seth pairing. The guys just have natural chemistry both on the mic and in the ring together (and their promos on Smackdown were top freaking notch. If you haven't watched it please go and check it out now). My roommate believes Dean will win at MITB and Roman will turn on Dean immediately after and cash in the title (and is now heel). I don't give WWE enough credit and see Roman just going over clean and holding that briefcase for nine or so months until they decide what random Raw to have him cash in. It's unforunate there isn't anybody in the match who we believe has a real legitimate chance to actually win the briefcase outside of Roman (Kofi is tag champ, Dolph has no momentum, too early on Neville, Kane is Kane, Sheamus is probably my surprise option if not Roman but the thought of it doesn't make it any more exciting, and I'm forgetting somebody who is in the match but they won't win either). WWE's in a pretty good spot right now, with Owens likely to lose the belt at NXT Japan in July so he can main roster full time, Sami likely reaching the main Roster in November, Charlotte on the horizon, Samoa Joe and Finn Balor likely to debut within the next few months, and a good deal of talent currently on the main roster (plus a revived tag division). The only two places of weakness currently are the "diva's" division (which is a wasteland outside of Paige). Nothing short of an NXT invasion storyline (Sasha/Charlotte/Becky/Bayley all coming up at the same time and attacking the diva name itself) could save women's wrestling in WWE. And the IC title picture is a bit bleak, since Ryback has absolutely no charisma and is likely to have an absolutely boring title run before dropping it in three months to somebody like Big E who could maybe be interesting with the belt (I love New Day in all it's form right now).

Sami is out until possibly November with a shoulder injury - just so ya know, @dim. But I do imagine when he's completely healthy, he'll be on the main roster, yeah. They're in a good spot with these NXT talents right now, I love it.

BTW - Dim, let's go to an NXT show together some time. I live relatively in the area nowadays. [i attend UCF and I'm about 45 minutes northwest of there]

Oh shit yeah. I went last time with two friends and one of them wants to go to the one August 12th (NXT Special) so we're 100% planning on getting tickets for that (It's always a matter of getting them. They sell out really f*cking fast. Got the last one when randomly checking online at like 12:30 AM after the last taped NXT show). If you get tickets and wanna meet up there I'm definitely down for that. Just need to remind me beforehand obviously.

Little fun story to tell from the last NXT Special my friend stayed for some pictures with the NXT wrestlers so we left pretty late. When we left and I was driving off I noticed a guy by himself carrying a duffle bag and keeping his head down trying to avoid being seen. I looked at my friend Connor and said "Looks like somebody's trying to go out incognito". As I have my headlights on him he sees the obvious beard and says "That's Sami". And sure enough it was (he was wearing a hoodie to somewhat disguise his face). Didn't think quick enough and once we drove a few feet past him I thought best not to bother him since he was probably exhausted and trying to just go home anyway. Nobody with him. Few feet from hitting him with my car because he kinda came outta nowhere (wasn't too close though). Literally had his car parked in a Chili's across the street he was walking to.

Not exactly the most enthralling story but it was a fun little thing to see after my first wrestling show of any kind ever. The coolest people to the fans after the show that I saw were definitely Charlotte, Bayley, and Dana Brooke. Bayley had twenty minute long conversations with every person, Dana Brooke seemed really excited and happy to be there, and Charlotte was great interacting with the kids. Enzo was really nice to everyone too, same with Carmella. Emma stayed in character even when leaving (people wanted pictures and she said 'oh, now you like me, what happened to Evil Emma?). Tyler Breeze had an assistant carrying the ridiculous outfits he and the "models" used for his entrance and I felt really bad for her (I'm not even sure if Breeze was carrying a bag). Him and Sasha left without smiling or stopping for any fans, but again late nights for them so no real reason to get upset about it. Even ran into some of the production people (Full Sail students who worked the event not WWE employees) at the Steak n Shake we stopped at across the street and had a fun conversation with them about the whole thing afterwards.

It was a lot of freakin' fun though. Also really convenient for me that I'm living at a house 5 minutes away from UCF's main campus and the ride to Full Sail literally takes 10 minutes. I'll post one or two pics I took a bit later. I tend to write a lot so I apologize for the huge block of text anybody reading this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That match should've closed the show. It was PPV caliber. Hell, it was better than most PPV matches. Near fall actually led me and everybody to believe Neville was champion, something that really wasn't even a possibility before the match.

Rest of the show was eh. Heyman was Heyman. New Day was New Day. Everybody else was boring. But that match was worth the boring rest of the show.

• 5 months later...
Guest Vince0926
Not predicting the Rumble.

Preshow: Henry and Swagger

Divas Title: Charlotte

Tag Titles: New Day

US Title: Kalisto

IC Title: Owens

Every title is being defended tonight, I love it!

Dudleys, Charles, usos, del rio, Owens and dean tie.

#2 big show and is the first eliminated

beth Phoenix Duggan and triple h all enter. Triple h wins. Axel gets eliminated twice within 20 seconds for continuity sake.

I marked the fuck out when Reigns got eliminated and Ambrose had a shot to win. So did the rest of the crowd.

Damnit, they need to make Reigns a heel and capitalize on that natural heat he's got. Make Ambrose the top face. He's got "it"

The arena absolutely exploded, dude.

Same with when AJ Styles came out. Place was electric.