Post Game Thread 4/24

Positives

1. Badenhop didn't pitch as bad as the box score indicates, imo. The 1st inning contained 3 groundballs that just found the right spot through the hole, and he settled down nicely after, giving us a total of 5 innings, at least.

2. Kensing saves the pen with 2 scoreless innings of relief.

3. "The Hammer" stays hot.

Negatives

1. Miller + Badenhop on consecutive nights = lots of innings for the pen. Find some way to separate them.

2. Hermida had his fun adventure in the 8th inning, in RF. Good thing it was a pretty irrelevant moment tonight.

3. We didn't score in 4 innings off the Braves pen...their pen hasn't exactly been too good, although Campillo and Acosta might be their best right now.

*Volstad won't be called up. I'd be willing to bet on that.*

Anyone else pissed off that the 7th run became earned off Hermida's ERROR... poor Waechter... he deserved to keep his ERA at 0.00 that was clearly an error not a triple.

It was a bit of a tough play, and he didn't get his glove on it. So no error. But yeah, he should have made that catch and it sucks that Doug had to give up his first run of the season to that.

I'm not so much pissed though, since we still lost by 3. If we had lost by 1, I would be seeing red.

Anyone else pissed off that the 7th run became earned off Hermida's ERROR... poor Waechter... he deserved to keep his ERA at 0.00 that was clearly an error not a triple.

I guess the rule is if it doesn't touch the glove it's not an error.. or something, I have no clue.

It did hit the wall so that could've affected the decision.

I guess the rule is if it doesn't touch the glove it's not an error.. or something, I have no clue.

It's not so much a rule as it is a judgment call. But usually if the guy doesn't touch it, they won't give him the error, no matter how bad of a read the fielder got.

Yeah, our bullpen ERA actually went up a bit, despite going 3 innings, and allowing an earned run thanks to Hermida. :banghead

Really though, it didn't have anything to do with the outcome...so I'm really not that upset about it. Waechter should get over it. Plus, Willingham made a great play for him in that inning, as well.

Yeah, our bullpen ERA actually went up a bit, despite going 3 innings, and allowing an earned run thanks to Hermida. :banghead

Really though, it didn't have anything to do with the outcome...so I'm really not that upset about it. Waechter should get over it. Plus, Willingham made a great play for him in that inning, as well.

Regardless of what paper says... to me tonight the bullpen went 3 innings no runs given.

Let's not worry about the kind of numbers our bullpen has or our ERA or anything. We'll go nutts if we just focus on that stuff. The important thing is that we KNOW we have a good, reliable bullpen. Do we wanna have the best bullpen ERA in baseball or do we want to be the last team standing? :)

I was actually jk about the pen stats.

It's not so much a rule as it is a judgment call. But usually if the guy doesn't touch it, they won't give him the error, no matter how bad of a read the fielder got.

Doug will get over it. He is probably more pissed he left that pitch up in the zone than Hermida spiked himself and looked like an idiot :blink: .

As far as the official stats go, Hermida should man up an go to the official scorer and have them change it to an error. He looked like Canseco taking one off his head for a home run. I would be embarassed for my pitcher that he gave up an earned run on that. I guess he will at least make all the blooper highlights for the season though!!

If Bo Porter throws up the stop sign on Hermida in the 3rd, the Marlins have Jacobs, who is hitting .296 with an OPS over 1.000, at the plate with runners at the corners. Potential huge inning ruined.

That doesn't bother me too much. I like a 3B coach that could have a nickname of Windmill

If Bo Porter throws up the stop sign on Hermida in the 3rd, the Marlins have Jacobs, who is hitting .296 with an OPS over 1.000, at the plate with runners at the corners. Potential huge inning ruined.

That doesn't bother me too much. I like a 3B coach that could have a nickname of Windmill

:mischief

Give Jeremy a break on the flyball. He's only 24.

I had no problem with Porter sending him. It took a perfect play to throw him out and even so it was pretty close. It's not like in '05 under Jeff Cox (?) when we frequently had guys thrown out by 10 feet.

Seriously.........There are a couple thousand High School kids that could have made that catch. The fact that he is 24 makes it worse.

Give Jeremy a break on the flyball. He's only 24.

I had no problem with Porter sending him. It took a perfect play to throw him out and even so it was pretty close. It's not like in '05 under Jeff Cox (?) when we frequently had guys thrown out by 10 feet.

Seriously.........There are a couple thousand High School kids that could have made that catch. The fact that he is 24 makes it worse.

I wasn't serious.