Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins Event Tomorrow

Featured Replies

I just got home from school and my mom gave this flyer that the Marlins are doing a "Special Event" tomorrow, (Saturday), at the baseball field across from the Orange Bowl to announce something in regards to the future. Any one else get this?

 

Here's a recap:

 

When: Tomorrow, 05/17/08

Time: 11am

Where: Baseball field next to the Orange Bowl

What: Special annoucement by the Marlins

 

 

I'm there. I wouldn't miss this opportunity to be a part of Marlins history!

I wondered what was going to happen with that parcel. I would guess that in the interim they are partnering with MLB to significantly upgrade the field, but I wouldn't be surprised if they also haven't acquired another site nearby to build a new facility because that one is too integral to the overall stadium development to leave that footprint with its existing use.

It would have been better if people were notified weeks ago.

 

I agree, but I am going to go anyways....

 

A friend of mine called me and told me about it. He recieved a flyer on it cause he has a business by the OB. He thinks that there is going to be players there.

 

Who knows?? Maybe its finalizing the stadium deal on paper?? Maybe its a certain player signing a multi-year deal?? The possibilities are endless.....

 

I hope people go...should be interesting...

 

:whistle :notworthy :shifty :cool :thumbup

I'm almost positive they're going to have a ceremony regarding Hanley Ramirez signing his long-term deal.

 

The Palm Beach Post reported today that Hanley is signing his deal tomorrow and that the Marlins were going to celebrate it.

I'm almost positive they're going to have a ceremony regarding Hanley Ramirez signing his long-term deal.

 

The Palm Beach Post reported today that Hanley is signing his deal tomorrow and that the Marlins were going to celebrate it.

 

That makes a lot of sense, but why do that at the Orange Bowl, there is nothing there. There must be also some details about the park. Most likely they will just announce officially that Hunt construction will be doing the building. Also i saw on the news that the entire Orange Bowl is gone, maybe they are just going to say they are ready to build. If we are extremely lucky, then they will release some new renderings.

BREAK NEWS THIS ABOUT NEW BALLPARK ALL COUNTY PEOPLE AND CITY WILL BE AT SITE ON SATURDAY IS TOLD BY GUY WHO WORKING ON EVENT I THINK COUNTY SIGN AGEMEEMENT WITH MARLINS THEIR GOING SIGN IT THEIR FRONT OF FANS AND LITTLE HAVANA

 

DEAL IS DONE WHAT BEEN TOLD DAY IS HERE MARLINS FANS

 

guy was told to keep to him self but he told me

If all of that is true, then thanks miamibaseball. I knew it had to do with the ballpark. Hopefully we can get some new renderings!

he told me it is

 

 

the event at OB is for new ballpark what i can pick up from guy is that deal is done and seal it look like their able sign it before july go to OB event for full story

Hey miammibaseball, did you ask him if they are going to release any new drawings or computer generated images of what the stadium will look like?

change topic to OB event to talk about new home and going to be big event (i told by guy who work for marlins doing event)

 

Does it really matter what topic its under???? Its GREAT Marlins News!!!! Forget what the topic is called......OMG!!! :banghead

Hey miammibaseball, did you ask him if they are going to release any new drawings or computer generated images of what the stadium will look like?

he only told me big event i ask him city/county commiomer going be their the way answer with out getting troble is yes it look all big hotshot will be their he told me BIG EVENT it about our new home i feeling their sign deal is done deal

:marlins :ole

 

***I have a HUGE feeling that it will be the Hanley deal and the stadium deal together. A friend of mine told me there will be a player there.......

I have a HUGE feeling that it will be the Hanley deal and the stadium deal together. A friend of mine told me there will be a player there.......

Probably Logan Kensing or someone of equal or lower talent.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.