Trade Ideas

Well, I know that video games are unrealistic, but In my Marlins dynasty in MVP 05, I traded Kevin Gregg, and Jacque Jones to the Rangers for Jarrod Saltalamacchia. We need a Catcher, and I wondered if there was any way in hell that this terade would go down in real life. With Gregg traded, I moved Lindstrom into the closer role.

Well, I know that video games are unrealistic, but In my Marlins dynasty in MVP 05, I traded Kevin Gregg, and Jacque Jones to the Rangers for Jarrod Saltalamacchia. We need a Catcher, and I wondered if there was any way in hell that this terade would go down in real life. With Gregg traded, I moved Lindstrom into the closer role.

A little unrealistic :lol

But there is a glimmer of reality in there, I can foresee a package of like... J. Miller, Kevin Gregg and something else of a prospect for one of their catchers, I dunno though

We can nab a college catcher in the draft and have him up to the bigs in 3 years

Maybe Buster Posey will fall to us at #6, but not likely.

Maybe Jason Castro (Stanford) or Petey Paramore (Arizona State) will fall to us in the second round.

I don't really like the idea of drafting a high school catcher in the first round (especially 6th overall)...too risky.

Thinking in terms of the upcoming interleague schedule, depending on what the FO sees as the respective futures for Cantu and McPherson (who by now they must have reams of scouting reports on), to showcase both by finding playing time for the pair between 3B and DH - as GMs throughout baseball start talking about potential matchups as next month approaches - wouldn't be the worst thing to do.

I would think as tradebait Cantu and McPherson have more value than a John Gall so spotlighting the pair, especially McPherson, who really is an unknown quantity right now at the MLB level potentially increases interest and his trade value which is a good thing. Of course he has to deliver.