Who's it gonna be

What happen to Olsen? at the begin of the season he was the next big thing,

He was overachieving. All the homers on this site refused to realize it was a sample size fluke and ignored his declining K/9, GB/FB, etc. He is still much better than last year though because he is locating and the new fast pace is better for him. It doesn't look like he is going to pan out into the longterm # 2 starter a lot thought unless he can find his strike out pitch again, and I'm not optimistic about that with a huge 4 year decline in missing bats. He should be able to hang as # 4 starter though because he is still a lefty, but if he stays with the Marlins he'll probably be passed on the depth chart by the injured starters and the AA kids within 2 years. Especially compared to cost.

I wonder what happened to Scotty's fastball...it has turned into a meatball.

This, of course, is based upon nothing. He's had 1 bad start, 7 quality starts, and the team laid down on him in all 5 of his no decisions. He could be anywhere from 6-2 to 9-2 right now if the pen and lineup could have come through in those games.

He's made 12 starts, and in all but 1 of them the team should have won.

I think Scotty Olsen and Willingham together should be traded after this year.

They need to wait and see how Johnson/Anibal respond, if Volstad/Tucker can translate to 30 starts, and if Raynor/Burns/Jai/Carroll can take over LF. I can see a perfect scenario where we can get rid of Olsen because Anibal, Johnson, A. Miller, Volstad, and Tucker are ready to go, with Nolasco in the pen, and Hernandez, Trahern, and Thompson in the upper minors for added insurance. I don't think we can cover LF within the organization, or cheaply in free agency because of the need of OF stability because of the sure to be growing pains in CF with Maybin. They probably need to keep Hammer around for at least a year unless they acquire another significant LF.

I think Jacobs (G. Sanchez), Cantu (MacPherson), Gregg, J. Miller, and Mitre (Owens, Cruz, and keeping around Waecther/Nelson/Gardner), have virtually no shot at being on the team next year. They'll be able to keep only around 7 of Olsen, Nolasco, Johnson, Amezaga, Ross, McPherson, Treanor, Hermida, Willingham, and Uggla, with a $30-35 million payroll. But some of those guys are going to have to get traded for cost reasons. It'll be interesting to see which way they go.

I think Scotty Olsen and Willingham together should be traded after this year.

They need to wait and see how Johnson/Anibal respond, if Volstad/Tucker can translate to 30 starts, and if Raynor/Burns/Jai/Carroll can take over LF. I can see a perfect scenario where we can get rid of Olsen because Anibal, Johnson, A. Miller, Volstad, and Tucker are ready to go, with Nolasco in the pen, and Hernandez, Trahern, and Thompson in the upper minors for added insurance. I don't think we can cover LF within the organization, or cheaply in free agency because of the need of OF stability because of the sure to be growing pains in CF with Maybin. They probably need to keep Hammer around for at least a year unless they acquire another significant LF.

I think Jacobs (G. Sanchez), Cantu (MacPherson), Gregg, J. Miller, and Mitre (Owens, Cruz, and keeping around Waecther/Nelson/Gardner), have virtually no shot at being on the team next year. They'll be able to keep only around 7 of Olsen, Nolasco, Johnson, Amezaga, Ross, McPherson, Treanor, Hermida, Willingham, and Uggla, with a $30-35 million payroll. But some of those guys are going to have to get traded for cost reasons. It'll be interesting to see which way they go.

Let's hope Beinfest has Jon Daniels on speed dial...I want one of those catchers inTexas!

He lost it when he threw 120 pitches his 2nd start of the season after missing ST. That's my guess.

He was throwing 88 in his first start of the season,

He lost it when he threw 120 pitches his 2nd start of the season after missing ST. That's my guess.

He was throwing 88 in his first start of the season, which is

He was throwing 88 in his first start of the season, which is still a 4 mph drop