Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dallas McPherson - Coming to a ballpark near you soon!

Featured Replies

.... I went in search of this shortly after Jacobs made another bobble at 1st base loading the bases for the D-Backs in an inning in which the Marlins would give up 5 runs.

 

This is just what a wanted to see a quote from rotoworld.com

 

"Dallas McPherson went 3-for-4 and homered in a sixth straight game Thursday for Triple-A Albuquerque.

It looked like McPherson was smart to pick the Marlins as a free agent over the winter, but he's crushed the ball in Triple-A and still hasn't gotten an opportunity because of Jorge Cantu's performance in the majors. The Marlins may consider trading Mike Jacobs next month, and if they do, they'd likely move Cantu to first and call up McPherson to play third. McPherson is hitting .309/.418/.695 with a minor league-high 27 homers, so he deserves a chance."

 

Soon boys, soon.

  • Author

Hopefully soon is tonight

 

... lol ... lets be realistic now :thumbup

I'll give them til 6pm monday, but I like jacobs a bit. He needs help defensively, but his bats too tempting. hopefully another gm feels the same way and he nets us a catcher or a cf/of.

  • Author

I'll give them til 6pm monday, but I like jacobs a bit. He needs help defensively, but his bats too tempting. hopefully another gm feels the same way and he nets us a catcher or a cf/of.

 

His power and HR numbers will bring attention to him. He is doing nothing here with the Marlins, imo.

 

Now I know why the "Mets" didnt keep him.

He's actually homered in 7 straight games, tying a minor league record. He is now trying to make it 8 straight tonight. He is currently 0 for 2.

lol... sad man .... sad.

 

Delgado had 9 RBI! lmao!

 

Sad? Look at Delgado on the whole. He had 9 RBIs but he's gonna strike out swinging his next 9 ABs.

I'll give them til 6pm monday, but I like jacobs a bit. He needs help defensively, but his bats too tempting. hopefully another gm feels the same way and he nets us a catcher or a cf/of.

 

His power and HR numbers will bring attention to him. He is doing nothing here with the Marlins, imo.

 

Now I know why the "Mets" didnt keep him.

you obviously forgot this game

 

vs the pirates where he hit the walkoff

I'll give them til 6pm monday, but I like jacobs a bit. He needs help defensively, but his bats too tempting. hopefully another gm feels the same way and he nets us a catcher or a cf/of.

 

His power and HR numbers will bring attention to him. He is doing nothing here with the Marlins, imo.

 

Now I know why the "Mets" didnt keep him.

you obviously forgot this game

If Uggla's injury is more serious than we think, perhaps we call up mcpherson, move cantu to second.

HE ALMOST DID IT!!! HE JUST TRIPLED TO DEEEEEEP RIGHT FIELD!

HE ALMOST DID IT!!! HE JUST TRIPLED TO DEEEEEEP RIGHT FIELD!

 

 

damn. 1-3 with a triple and 2 rbis SO F**** CLOSE!

I like McPherson alot too, but through his career, he has shown that he si the classic 4-A player, and i don't think he will be much of an upgrade over what we have now. That might be why he's still in AAA. I'm not saying that i don't want to give him a shot, because I want him to, I'm just saying that he's not going to be our "savior" as many fo you think.

I like McPherson alot too, but through his career, he has shown that he si the classic 4-A player, and i don't think he will be much of an upgrade over what we have now. That might be why he's still in AAA. I'm not saying that i don't want to give him a shot, because I want him to, I'm just saying that he's not going to be our "savior" as many fo you think.

 

From 2005-2007 Dallas McPherson played more games in the major leagues than the minors and three of his trips to the minors in 2005-2006 were rehab assignments while on the DL as the back injury that ultimately led to spinal surgery got worse and worse. Had McPherson not have been struck down with this malady he would probably been a career major leaguer.

McPherson was the Angels' best prospect before he was hit with recurring injuries. His talent isn't in question. He just needs to stay healthy.

 

I agree with the idea of getting rid of Jacobs, moving Cantu to 1st, and calling up Dallas.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.