MLB 09 The Show

Man I lose track of time every time I play this game... road to the show is so addictive!

It is...is it just me, or does the RttS seem a bit harder, even with BP, this year then last year? Could just be me (I hit the cover off the ball a lot in 08)

Though, it only took me 1 year to get up into majors through the Astro's system (I was in AA for two weeks).

Man I lose track of time every time I play this game... road to the show is so addictive!

It is...is it just me, or does the RttS seem a bit harder, even with BP, this year then last year? Could just be me (I hit the cover off the ball a lot in 08)

Though, it only took me 1 year to get up into majors through the Astro's system (I was in AA for two weeks).

Oh yeah... it's tough, you really need to work on your timing and pitch recognition this time around, every time I think I have it all figured out I strike out like 3 times in a row.. lol

Oh yeah... it's tough, you really need to work on your timing and pitch recognition this time around, every time I think I have it all figured out I strike out like 3 times in a row.. lol

Seriously. In '08 I would, on every single pitch guess the pitch and location and sit on it, if it wasn't there I usually had my bat curser in the opposite side of the box. In '09 I have literally stopped guessing pitches alltogether unless I feel real good about the pitch selection or I have a good 2-0 3-1 or 3-0 count and then I'll sit on location.'

So much more competitive...though I really need to get my power up (I'm in the majors with 50-50 contact and 48-47 power D:)

Need some help fella's

For those of you with PS3's

I wanna but a ps3 and buy MLB the show... is it worth it

Is mlb the show that good that i should go buy a ps3 and the game....

just want some feedback...

Well, I love the PS3 (can't you tell), but I gotta tell you, just for mlb09? I don't know man. Are you a gamer? Do you play anything other than sports? You know what, the hell with it. Even if you are only a sports gamer, can't go wrong with the ps3/ bluray player.

So I guess it's worth it.

Need some help fella's

Best baseball game on any console, so if you want to play a baseball game Mlb 09 the show is your choice and it's not even close, I tried Mlb2K9 at my friends house and I'm just going to say I'm glad I can get Mlb 09 for my PS3. Plus you get a blue ray player, so if you watch a lot of movies like me, that is one thing you will be using often, if you don't already have a blue ray player.

Need some help fella's

Like was mentioned above, if you will use the PS3 for other games and a lot of blu ray watching, then yes, it's worth it. Just for that game alone, I would say no.

Need some help fella's

Like was mentioned above, if you will use the PS3 for other games and a lot of blu ray watching, then yes, it's worth it. Just for that game alone, I would say no.

I would agree. No sports game is worth nearly $500.

Need some help fella's

I would agree. No sports game is worth nearly $500.

That may be very true, but from all the time I have spent on this one, I have got to say is as close as it gets!

Yea if I would have know PSN was free i probably would have waited for the PS3 becasue i end up playing 360 at my friends houses all night anyway.

But hey it happens, im trying to get the show for the PS2 used so its like 19.99 and i could save up for the hsitload of loans i owe my parrents when i start working and my car.

There is more to the PS3 than just MLB09. There are plenty of great games on disc as well as on the Playstation Network.

Get the PS3.

Right now I can get a PS3, and would LOVE to have a system to play The Show on, but I can't really think of anything else besides that and maybe Little Big Planet I'd want to play right now.

There is more to the PS3 than just MLB09. There are plenty of great games on disc as well as on the Playstation Network.

Get the PS3.

Right now I can get a PS3, and would LOVE to have a system to play The Show on, but I can't really think of anything else besides that and maybe Little Big Planet I'd want to play right now.

Killzone 2, Resistance 2 and then in the upcoming months Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain and Infamous to name a few

Edit - Yeh I know those last 3 games aint out for a bit and so it doesnt fit with ur post when u say right now

i finally got mlb 09 the show this weekend. i started 3 games in the franchise mode and am 2-1. now i have my two favorite sports games, nba 2k9 and mlb 09, to play.

i was sick these last 3 days and had nothing to do so i did a depth chart for my 2 teams (kings and marlins) for franchise modes

2009 Sacramento Kings (NBA 2k9)

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3830/kings.png

2009 Florida Marlins (MLB 09 the Show)

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1271/marlins.png

what do you guys think of my 2 teams.

i finally got mlb 09 the show this weekend. i started 3 games in the franchise mode and am 2-1. now i have my two favorite sports games, nba 2k9 and mlb 09, to play.

i was sick these last 3 days and had nothing to do so i did a depth chart for my 2 teams (kings and marlins) for franchise modes

It appears that trading is just as easy and unrealistic in 09 as the previous games. I prefer to play the initial season with the true roster then make some moves in the offseason.

It appears that trading is just as easy and unrealistic in 09 as the previous games. I prefer to play the initial season with the true roster then make some moves in the offseason.

yeah but it's not as bad as previous years. previously you could get pretty much anyone with your 1st trade but this year's it's a little harder. took me a while til i could find a combination of players the rays wanted for longoria.

yeah but it's not as bad as previous years. previously you could get pretty much anyone with your 1st trade but this year's it's a little harder. took me a while til i could find a combination of players the rays wanted for longoria.

So like what did it take for Longoria? While ur at it u may as well say who u gave for some of the other big names.