Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Prince Fielder?

Featured Replies

Whoever says that pena sucks needs to seriously watch a rays game. Carlos Pena is nasty.

 

 

he seems to hit good in the clutch but i balrey watch them, when i do he always get a big hit.

I never said Pena sucked, I said that the Rays would love to have another power bat in the middle of their lineup

This is not worth discussing! Fielder is a poor man's Frank Thomas. He is going to always be a great hitter, but his defense just keeps getting worse and worse every year and he just seems to get fatter. I don't want him on this team because pitching and defense wins games, and all Fielder will ever be able to do is hit the ball long distance, and get his two bagger here and there. So no, I don't want the prince on this team.

Fielder is a complete hitter. He keeps his average up, he hits to all fields, he gets on base a ton, and yes, he hits homers. His defense is bad but this "all he can do is hit homers" thing needs to stop.

 

 

IMO yes I clearly understand what you are saying but we don't need a guy who can't play defense, I specified that he would always be a great hitter, but his defense will also always lag.

Am I the only person who doesn't hate Jacobs??? Yeah, he was unsatisfactory defensively and he struck out a ton but its not like he was the worst 1st baseman in the MLB. He did add to our offense and is second on our team with RBI's. He doesn't even lead our team with strikeouts, which everyone complains about. He doesn't lead our team with errors either... just wondering why everyone seems to hate Jacobs?

 

You know in some ways I totally agree with u. He provides a lot of homers and has over 90 rbi this season.

I think basically it comes down to the fact that he is due to get paid possibly in the region of $3-4m next season, a figure that the team feels is not worth it considering there is certainly a few viable and cheaper options ready to take his place, eg Gaby Sanchez.

 

 

Not to mention that their is a surplus of available talent in the market who can play better D and hold their own on offense for the 2-3 million dollar range in case Gaby Is not ready, which I doubt he isn't.

just wondering why everyone seems to hate Jacobs?

Because he has a .300 OBP and absolutely no upside

 

 

You forgot the part of him being the worst defensive 1B in all of baseball.

 

 

11 errors, yeah i believe u can make a case for that. He would make an american league team like the Rays VERY happy next year

 

 

EXACTLY! That is why he will be traded this offseason to an American League team for maybe an arm in the bullpen, write this down.

Am I the only person who doesn't hate Jacobs??? Yeah, he was unsatisfactory defensively and he struck out a ton but its not like he was the worst 1st baseman in the MLB. He did add to our offense and is second on our team with RBI's. He doesn't even lead our team with strikeouts, which everyone complains about. He doesn't lead our team with errors either... just wondering why everyone seems to hate Jacobs?

 

You know in some ways I totally agree with u. He provides a lot of homers and has over 90 rbi this season.

I think basically it comes down to the fact that he is due to get paid possibly in the region of $3-4m next season, a figure that the team feels is not worth it considering there is certainly a few viable and cheaper options ready to take his place, eg Gaby Sanchez.

 

 

Not to mention that their is a surplus of available talent in the market who can play better D and hold their own on offense for the 2-3 million dollar range in case Gaby Is not ready, which I doubt he isn't.

Sanchez is nothing but a stop gap himself.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.