Tucker, Morrison win Marlins awards

MrAndMrsFish

MIAMI -- Right-handed pitcher Ryan Tucker and infielder Logan Morrison received the Florida Marlins' top minor-league awards Tuesday.

Tucker, chosen minor-league pitcher of the year, went 5-3 with a 1.58 ERA in 25 appearances with Double-A Carolina. He was a 34th-round draft pick in 2005.

Morrison, selected minor-league player of the year, hit .332 in 130 games for Single-A Jupiter with 38 doubles, 13 home runs and 74 RBIs. He was a 22nd-round pick in 2005.

LINK

Well deserved! I can't wait to see what Morrison does in ST! He may steal himself the 1st base position, he is that good!

He is nowhere near ready. He just turned 21 at the end of the year. He needs a full year in Jacksonville, and may need some time in New Orleans. Those doubles need to start turning into at least some HR in the minors. In a best case scenario, I would like to see him June 2010 for player progression and arbitration clock reasons.

Well deserved! I can't wait to see what Morrison does in ST! He may steal himself the 1st base position, he is that good!

He is nowhere near ready. He just turned 21 at the end of the year. He needs a full year in Jacksonville, and may need some time in New Orleans. Those doubles need to start turning into at least some HR in the minors. In a best case scenario, I would like to see him June 2010 for player progression and arbitration clock reasons.

He is goin to Arizona depending on how he performs there he may get a serious look in the spring. He will probably go to Jacksonville but if he has a killer spring there is an outside chance he could be kept. I don't see him playing in New Orleans at all, just look at his performance everywhere he has been, He could certainly be a September callup, Latest arrival time would April 2009