Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

'Chinese Democracy' Has a Release Date

Featured Replies

Billboard.com-

 

GNR's 'Chinese Democracy' Gets Release Date

 

October 09, 2008 , 11:40 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

 

More than a decade after its conception, Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will finally see the light of day before year's end, sources close to the situation confirm to Billboard. As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday.

 

Beyond enticing pre-Thanksgiving shoppers, the move is tied to the structure of Best Buy's sales week, which runs from Sunday to Saturday. As such, "Chinese Democracy" would not be eligible to chart on The Billboard 200 until the week of Dec. 1, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

 

In the run-up to release date, album track "Shackler's Revenge" will debut in the video game "Rock Band 2," while a portion of "If the World" is playing over the end credits in the new Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film "Body of Lies."

 

In addition, GNR's seminal 1987 debut, "Appetite for Destruction," will be reissued on vinyl on Oct. 28 via Interscope.

 

The band's last new studio albums were the simultaneously released "Use Your Illusion I" and "II" in September 1991. A covers set, "The Spaghetti Incident?," followed in 1993, and featured some of the last GNR recordings from original guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

 

This spring, soft drink manufacturer Dr Pepper offered to send a free can of the beverage to "everyone in America" (excluding ex-GNR members Slash and Buckethead) if "Chinese Democracy" were to arrive anytime during the calendar year 2008.

 

"We're waiting to hear about 'Chinese Democracy' just like all the other GNR fans," Dr Pepper VP of marketing Tony Jacobs tells Billboard. "But if the rumors are true, we're putting the Dr Pepper on ice."

 

Link

  • Author

No sh*t. Next thing you know I'll be playing Duke Nukem Forever on the Infinium Phantom.

Well, you'll probably be playing DNF next year, just not on that console.

No sh*t. Next thing you know I'll be playing Duke Nukem Forever on the Infinium Phantom.

Well, you'll probably be playing DNF next year, just not on that console.

They've been saying that since 1997.

  • Author

No sh*t. Next thing you know I'll be playing Duke Nukem Forever on the Infinium Phantom.

Well, you'll probably be playing DNF next year, just not on that console.

They've been saying that since 1997.

I check IGN.com all the time, and I can tell you that they are almost finished with it. I believe a new trailer was released not that long ago.

No sh*t. Next thing you know I'll be playing Duke Nukem Forever on the Infinium Phantom.

Well, you'll probably be playing DNF next year, just not on that console.

They've been saying that since 1997.

I check IGN.com all the time, and I can tell you that they are almost finished with it. I believe a new trailer was released not that long ago.

They showed a trailer with "in game footage" back at E3 2001.

 

I won't believe that game is ever coming out until it's in my 360's tray...even though it will more likely be in my 1080's tray.

I love Guns 'N Roses but I'm not sure about this one... I will have to check it out to judge it though.

  • 2 weeks later...

The first single, Chinese Democracy is out. Not bad, but nothing to write home about either.

  • 4 weeks later...

I think a few of the songs are pretty decent however as expected its nothing like the original GnR material.

 

The only thing that will make me listen to Chinese Democracy and any future albums is to hear Axl's voice, which I still love to hear

  • Author

I was a big fan of the REAL GNR, but I lost interest in the album after listening to their single. It was nothing special.

I picked up the album today. If I had to rate it, I would give it a 6/10. Axl's voice is still there, the guitars are ok. The big issue here is that the songs wander a bit too much, with nothing really catching your interest. He has a few songs on there that kinda have a techno beat to them, and a few with an operatic sound. It's something I will keep in the cd player to give it a chance.

Im still not going to give a full on review of it, since its a bit different than what I expected. There are about 3 songs that I think are great. A lot of power ballads.

 

Axl still sounds great though.

In response to my initial review of 6/10, I'm gonna have to lower it to 4/10. I really want to like this album. Unfortunately, after additional listens, there just isn't much on it that is holding my interest, other than the fact that Axl is singing. If it was anyone else, I wouldn't listen to it. Axl sings it, I can listen to it and attempt to like it.

I quite enjoy it. I give it an A minus. I don't understand the hate for it here though. Anyhow, so far I think the best tracks are: Better, Street of Dreams, Scraped, Catcher in the Rye, Sorry, I.R.S and Madagascar.

 

Those are IMO quality tracks. The others range from alright to meh.

Its not that Im hating it, its just misleading as far as a REAL G&R album... It sounds way overproduced...

I like it...

 

Axl sounds great, I have a hard time not liking something he sings.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.