Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins unveil new park's dimensions

Featured Replies

Good Stuff we kept the Triangle of Doom

 

I really can't wait to go to opening day to see this beautiful stadium to be.

 

Anyone no if they found a name

 

 

The name will go to the highest bidder. As it should.

 

Nothing surprising with this news release. We already knew it was going to be a pitchers park. The team has already stated they are going back to speed, pitching, and defense. We are tweeking now for that and it will just carry over to the new pond.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

 

For those of you saying, that it is not good that it is a pitchers park, you should know the following. Studies have proven that whatever classification a ballpark falls into (hitters or pitchers) that the teams that do better at the opposite thing will win more. Here's why. In a pitchers park, it is easier to be a good pitcher because the park is big. Thus, the team with the better hitters who can hit home runs and score runs, despite the big park will win. Think of this years Marlins. We play in a pitchers park, yet we had a lot of home runs and good offense because of the hitting. Now on the opposite scope is Philadelphia. They have a hitters park, and people say they are a great offensive team. Any team in that ballpark is a good offensive team. They won because their pitchers were better than the other teams at overcoming the small ballpark size.

 

I hope this made sense and those of you that fear that our hitters and team will suffer realize that hopefully won't be the case.

Well we've won 2 rings in a pitcher's park. I'll gladly accept another one similar.

Good Stuff we kept the Triangle of Doom

 

I really can't wait to go to opening day to see this beautiful stadium to be.

 

Anyone no if they found a name

 

 

The name will go to the highest bidder. As it should.

 

Nothing surprising with this news release. We already knew it was going to be a pitchers park. The team has already stated they are going back to speed, pitching, and defense. We are tweeking now for that and it will just carry over to the new pond.

 

 

The leading candidate should be Bacardi Field at the Orange Bowl. Other stadiums similar names i.e. Miller Park, Coors Field, etc. You need a company that is willing to pay large sums of money for that advertising. Also they can have their signature drink a bacardi orange flavor. They have a local headquartes in Miami and it should be a good partnership. The way the banking industry is right now I doubt another Bank (like Citi Field - Mets) would be willing to shell out those dollars.

 

I hope the legal issues are dealt with soon. Ownership has done a good job considering the competitive disadvantage it has compared to markets like NYC, Boston, Chicago. The fan base has continued to grow.

Good Stuff we kept the Triangle of Doom

 

I really can't wait to go to opening day to see this beautiful stadium to be.

 

Anyone no if they found a name

 

 

The name will go to the highest bidder. As it should.

 

Nothing surprising with this news release. We already knew it was going to be a pitchers park. The team has already stated they are going back to speed, pitching, and defense. We are tweeking now for that and it will just carry over to the new pond.

 

 

The leading candidate should be Bacardi Field at the Orange Bowl. Other stadiums similar names i.e. Miller Park, Coors Field, etc. You need a company that is willing to pay large sums of money for that advertising. Also they can have their signature drink a bacardi orange flavor. They have a local headquartes in Miami and it should be a good partnership. The way the banking industry is right now I doubt another Bank (like Citi Field - Mets) would be willing to shell out those dollars.

 

I hope the legal issues are dealt with soon. Ownership has done a good job considering the competitive disadvantage it has compared to markets like NYC, Boston, Chicago. The fan base has continued to grow.

 

That name was tossed around on another thread. I wouldn't not like it. But I seriously doubt bidding or talks have even started. Waaaayyyyy too early. But it will be a good opportunity for alot of companies.

Good Stuff we kept the Triangle of Doom

 

I really can't wait to go to opening day to see this beautiful stadium to be.

 

Anyone no if they found a name

 

 

The name will go to the highest bidder. As it should.

 

Nothing surprising with this news release. We already knew it was going to be a pitchers park. The team has already stated they are going back to speed, pitching, and defense. We are tweeking now for that and it will just carry over to the new pond.

 

 

The leading candidate should be Bacardi Field at the Orange Bowl. Other stadiums similar names i.e. Miller Park, Coors Field, etc. You need a company that is willing to pay large sums of money for that advertising. Also they can have their signature drink a bacardi orange flavor. They have a local headquartes in Miami and it should be a good partnership. The way the banking industry is right now I doubt another Bank (like Citi Field - Mets) would be willing to shell out those dollars.

 

I hope the legal issues are dealt with soon. Ownership has done a good job considering the competitive disadvantage it has compared to markets like NYC, Boston, Chicago. The fan base has continued to grow.

 

That name was tossed around on another thread. I wouldn't not like it. But I seriously doubt bidding or talks have even started. Waaaayyyyy too early. But it will be a good opportunity for alot of companies.

 

I like Bacardi Field. It's a Cuban company with Headquarters in the Caribbean and Miami. What's not to like?

I was just messing around with the dimensions on Baseball Mogul (baseball simulation PC game)

 

Of course, these are nothing more than numbers plastered onto CBP's fence, but it gives you an idea of what the dimensions will look like.

Good Stuff we kept the Triangle of Doom

 

I really can't wait to go to opening day to see this beautiful stadium to be.

 

Anyone no if they found a name

 

 

The name will go to the highest bidder. As it should.

 

Nothing surprising with this news release. We already knew it was going to be a pitchers park. The team has already stated they are going back to speed, pitching, and defense. We are tweeking now for that and it will just carry over to the new pond.

 

 

The leading candidate should be Bacardi Field at the Orange Bowl. Other stadiums similar names i.e. Miller Park, Coors Field, etc. You need a company that is willing to pay large sums of money for that advertising. Also they can have their signature drink a bacardi orange flavor. They have a local headquartes in Miami and it should be a good partnership. The way the banking industry is right now I doubt another Bank (like Citi Field - Mets) would be willing to shell out those dollars.

 

I hope the legal issues are dealt with soon. Ownership has done a good job considering the competitive disadvantage it has compared to markets like NYC, Boston, Chicago. The fan base has continued to grow.

 

That name was tossed around on another thread. I wouldn't not like it. But I seriously doubt bidding or talks have even started. Waaaayyyyy too early. But it will be a good opportunity for alot of companies.

 

I like Bacardi Field. It's a Cuban company with Headquarters in the Caribbean and Miami. What's not to like?

 

Some companies may have a problem being associated with a team that historically draws so poorly. It will be okay for the first couple years but then we will slip back to the same ole. same ole. Of course Bacardi could do a little symbolism and show a glass half full in their ads.

 

I said in a previous thread that I think DHL should have an interest in naming rights (Slogan: Buck The Frown). They advertise heavily right now. There are a few other local international companies that may also enter the bidding. Whether or not they are a "Cuban company" shouldn't have any bearing on the final decision. $$$ and length of contract.

I was just messing around with the dimensions on Baseball Mogul (baseball simulation PC game)

 

Of course, these are nothing more than numbers plastered onto CBP's fence, but it gives you an idea of what the dimensions will look like.

 

 

 

 

 

Pinch Hit! Dammit Pinch Hit!!!!

 

lol j/k

I was just messing around with the dimensions on Baseball Mogul (baseball simulation PC game)

 

Of course, these are nothing more than numbers plastered onto CBP's fence, but it gives you an idea of what the dimensions will look like.

 

 

 

 

 

Pinch Hit! Dammit Pinch Hit!!!!

 

lol j/k

They must be...when did you ever see Hermida hit from the right side?

I said in a previous thread that I think DHL should have an interest in naming rights (Slogan: Buck The Frown). They advertise heavily right now. There are a few other local international companies that may also enter the bidding. Whether or not they are a "Cuban company" shouldn't have any bearing on the final decision. $$$ and length of contract.

 

 

 

Looks like they will be out of the bidding, if they even considered it.

i hope some company will pay to but their name because now company going out bussiness DHL layoff alot people so i donot think their will pay to put their name on new ball park

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.