What Themes Would the Obama Administration Run On?

FreshFish

Something I find remarkable is that I can't think of any major themes that the Obama campaign ran on, other than 'Change'. maybe, I'm missing something.

For example, GW ran on the War on Terror theme in 04, and traditional fiscal conservatism in 00.

I'm pretty sure Obama would redefine the War on Terror, and would avoid using that term.

What do you think would be the major theme or theme(s) for this presidency?

Competency?

What do you mean by that?

Bush was incompetent at nearly every single turn. So he thinks Obama should just be competent.

Bush was so disastrous that we just now hope for presidents that don't mess up.

I imagine that's what he meant but he did vote for Bush in '04 so why would someone vote for someone that's incompetent?

That's why I asked the question. I'm curious.

Competency?

Bush was incompetent at nearly every single turn. So he thinks Obama should just be competent.

I think you and Dodge are into something.

Obama is extremely smart and he knows that he just need to be competent and hold on during the next four years. If the economy surprises and recovers then he can be that agent of change and go full esteem with his plans.

Foreign policy is going to be very tricky. His policy should be one to avoid any major conflicts, without trowing our allies under the bus. Russia is already roaring and the ME countries know that conflicts = higher oil prices.

Competency?

I imagine that's what he meant but he did vote for Bush in '04 so why would someone vote for someone that's incompetent?

You can ask the millions of others that voted for Bush in 04. I had my reasons back then. I thought he was better than Kerry for the job and I still feel that way.

Competency?

You can ask the millions of others that voted for Bush in 04. I had my reasons back then. I thought he was better than Kerry for the job and I still feel that way.

I don't understand why millions who voted for him in '04 view him as incompetent now or even hate him.

a couple of ideas:

The Green President

I think he's trying to generate a new American industry focusing on green technologies. I think that's the legacy he's aiming for. He wants to create a green economy and reduce our dependence on foreign oil. I am 100% supportive of this.

By bankrupting the coal industry and ingoring nuclear energy? Yeah, that will end our dependency on foreign oil for sure. Give me a break. There are three real answers to freeing us from our dependency on foreign oil. Nuclear, clean coal, and drilling in our own back yard. Nobama is against all three.

a couple of ideas:

The Green President

I think he's trying to generate a new American industry focusing on green technologies. I think that's the legacy he's aiming for. He wants to create a green economy and reduce our dependence on foreign oil. I am 100% supportive of this.

I hope this isn't taken too seriously, that he or anyone else believes that government can actually create a viable industry where one doesn't already exist.

Competency?

Obama is extremely smart and he knows that he just need to be competent and hold on during the next four years. If the economy surprises and recovers then he can be that agent of change and go full esteem with his plans.

Foreign policy is going to be very tricky. His policy should be one to avoid any major conflicts, without trowing our allies under the bus. Russia is already roaring and the ME countries know that conflicts = higher oil prices.

Dont be surprised to see a more confrontational foreign policy from Obama than we had from Bush. He has no policy of his own because this is a topic he is clueless on, his views are shaped by 200+ foreign policy advisers recycled from other candidates/electors. Other policies will be more of the same as Bush, specifically the Patriot Act.

As for what he ran on, Obama essentially had no real platform other than "Change" and "At least I am not George Bush".

As for what the future holds, I think you are going to see a very closed off exectutive branch, one that allows very little access and eliminates freedom of speech in regards to the Commander and Chief. Obaba will be the most inaccessible president ever IMO. One of the downfalls of electing a narcicist.

Competency?

Dont be surprised to see a more confrontational foreign policy from Obama than we had from Bush. He has no policy of his own because this is a topic he is clueless on, his views are shaped by 200+ foreign policy advisers recycled from other candidates/electors. Other policies will be more of the same as Bush, specifically the Patriot Act.

As for what he ran on, Obama essentially had no real platform other than "Change" and "At least I am not George Bush".

As for what the future holds, I think you are going to see a very closed off exectutive branch, one that allows very little access and eliminates freedom of speech in regards to the Commander and Chief. Obaba will be the most inaccessible president ever IMO. One of the downfalls of electing a narcicist.

Please do tell, what makes him a narcissist exactly?

a couple of ideas:

The Green President

I hope this isn't taken too seriously, that he or anyone else believes that government can actually create a viable industry where one doesn't already exist.

It already exists... this will just help speed it up. If you think the government cannot assist in the development of an industry or two, go study the Asian Miracle and the emergence of many industries in those countries through the use of government subsidies, tax credits, and direct investments in those industries.

We've also pushed the rise of the technology industry in this country through a variety of policies. Don't kid yourself - the government can be a true player in creating an industry simply by providing the right tax incentives and subsidies (and direct financing).

Please do tell, what makes him a narcissist exactly?

Obama was plain bad at his job as a state senator but decided before he was even elected to the U.S. Senate(running unopposed mind you) that he deserved to be president. Thats the definition of narcissism.

Bang your head all you want, its the truth. He was an empty seat in the Illinois Senate who got elected to the U.S. senate running against no one, who had no record of anything besides abstaining or if he did vote it was heavily influenced by special interests, yet despite all this when he was still in the Illinois Senate, not doing much of anything, he decided he deserved to be President.

Fair enough. The fact that the American media turned him into a rock star didnt hurt him. Dont get me wrong, I think McCain was a bad choice as well and think the republican party would of been better served by Mike Huckabee(I mean, he did have the Chuck Norris endorsement...and not many people are willing to upset Chuck Norris) or someone of his ilk.

Bang your head all you want, its the truth. He was an empty seat in the Illinois Senate who got elected to the U.S. senate running against no one, who had no record of anything besides abstaining or if he did vote it was heavily influenced by special interests, yet despite all this when he was still in the Illinois Senate, not doing much of anything, he decided he deserved to be President.

I don't like Alan Keyes either, but he's not "no one".