Olsen and Hammer traded to Nats

Ralph

MLB reported it is a four player trade but they have only announced three players. WHO is the the fourth!?

On Monday, they reached agreement with the Nationals on a four-player trade that is expected to be announced on Tuesday, according to an industry source. Neither team has confirmed the trade.

probably one of Jeremy Hermida, Anibal Sanchez or Jorge Cantu

MLB reported it is a four player trade but they have only announced three players. WHO is the the fourth!?

On Monday, they reached agreement with the Nationals on a four-player trade that is expected to be announced on Tuesday, according to an industry source. Neither team has confirmed the trade.

Olsen, Hammer, Dean, Bonifacio

I'm not thinking straight, this trade is already starting to affect me. :banghead

This is just the beginning of another firesale by the Marlins. This trade is really disgusting because 1) They traded Olsen and Willingham to a team they will have to play a lot next season 2) Bonifacio is going to replace Uggla at 2B 3) If Cantu gets a big raise he will be gone and Dallas McPherson will be the starting 3B. When does this garbage stop?

How the hell is this a firesale?

Ok, now that my stomach has settled down, I can think rationally.

Ultimately, it's a cost/value issue. You're not going to trade relatively costly mediocre players for cheap stars. You get prospects and role players. Maybe get some budget flexibility. Maybe set up another move down the road.

I don't see this affecting Uggla. Bonifacio played a handful of games in the OF for the Nats so you would think it's Amezaga who is the odd man out. Unless they're planning to use McPhereson in another deal. Then maybe Uggla at third makes sense.

I thought Olsen for Salty or Ramirez was a stretch (especially after the RedSox got involved) but I thought we could get a little more than this. Part of the problem may be that there are a fair number of SPs out on the market right now.(granted most of them are overvalued or suck)

I would really like Smolinski in the deal. They haven't completely ruled it out yet although it's sounding less likely.

The Nationals just got better.

The Marlins just got worse.

And the Marlins were trading with the Nationals.

THIS TRADE MAKES NO f***ING SENSE!

I was a big supporter of the Mike Jacobs trade, but WTF is this? We got more for Jacobs than we did for Olsen / Hammer combined.

It was a fine trade. This forum is full of people who overvalue Marlins player as if it was a business.

Olsen sucks, he's at best a number 4 pitcher on a good team. Not to mention he a ticking time bomb. I'd love to have gotten Salty for him but that was a pipe dream.

Hammer, a fan favorite, has a chronic back problems. Why waste a corner OF spot on a mediocre hitter with little power when you can fill the spot for a third of the price and get just as much production? Not to mention ANYONE is an upgrade defensively. Again what do you think we can get for a player like Hammer? I know the answer, middle of the road prospects.

I like Emilio Bonifacio. He is a defensive upgrade. At worst Uggla stays at 2B and you use Bonifacio off the bench.

This trade means one of two things imo. The Marlins plan to move Uggla to the OF or to another team. You can't be a contender with Cantu, Uggla, and Jacobs in the same infield. Just isn't gonna happen.

Everone, IMHO, should relax this trade is indicative of the FMV (fair market value) of two incredibly mediocre players. QUIT BEING SUCH HOMERS!