Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which game?

Featured Replies

In one of those, amazing, stunning, bizarre coincidences, I've managed to arrange for the second year running, our family vacation from jolly old England to your glorious and completely lovely United States of America and the wonderful state of Florida to coincide with the opening week at Dolphin Stadium.

 

Incredible coincidence, dontcha think? :rolleyes:

 

Last year we were in Orlando (so it was a bit of a trek down to Miami for Opening Day '08) but this year we're in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, less than twenty miles from Dolphin Stadium - another, amazing coincidence!

 

The thing is, if I go to all six games (we are there for a fortnight) I am sure my wife might become slightly suspicious that we seem to spend the first two weeks in April every year within driving distance of Miami, so I'm limiting myself to two.

 

So I'm asking the question:

 

Which Mets game should I go to? Friday, Saturday or Sunday?

 

Or does it matter?

 

Appreciate any advice, my yankee buddies.

Truly an amazing coincidence!

 

Saturdays are typically the biggest crowds, if it matters. Though Sunday could be packed if Santana's pitching & all the Mets fans show up.

 

Sunday games are 1:00 starts and the heat can get pretty brutal, just depends on how the weather is.

 

 

My guess (?) on the pitching matchups would be:

 

Friday: Anibal Sanchez vs Oliver Perez

Saturday: Ricky Nolasco vs Tim Redding/Freddy Garcia

Sunday: Johan Santana vs Josh Johnson

 

That's assuming Andrew Miller isn't healthy and they go with a 4-man rotation.

 

Sunday would probably be more of a pitching duel with Santana pitching, if that interests you. Otherwise Friday or Saturday would be a better bet to see some runs scored.

In one of those, amazing, stunning, bizarre coincidences, I've managed to arrange for the second year running, our family vacation from jolly old England to your glorious and completely lovely United States of America and the wonderful state of Florida to coincide with the opening week at Dolphin Stadium.

 

Incredible coincidence, dontcha think? :rolleyes:

 

Last year we were in Orlando (so it was a bit of a trek down to Miami for Opening Day '08) but this year we're in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, less than twenty miles from Dolphin Stadium - another, amazing coincidence!

 

The thing is, if I go to all six games (we are there for a fortnight) I am sure my wife might become slightly suspicious that we seem to spend the first two weeks in April every year within driving distance of Miami, so I'm limiting myself to two.

 

So I'm asking the question:

 

Which Mets game should I go to? Friday, Saturday or Sunday?

 

Or does it matter?

 

Appreciate any advice, my yankee buddies.

 

 

 

I think it's awesome that you love the Marlins, and what a crazy coincedence......however, please don't call ever call me a yankee. :D

In one of those, amazing, stunning, bizarre coincidences, I've managed to arrange for the second year running, our family vacation from jolly old England to your glorious and completely lovely United States of America and the wonderful state of Florida to coincide with the opening week at Dolphin Stadium.

 

Incredible coincidence, dontcha think? :rolleyes:

 

Last year we were in Orlando (so it was a bit of a trek down to Miami for Opening Day '08) but this year we're in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, less than twenty miles from Dolphin Stadium - another, amazing coincidence!

 

The thing is, if I go to all six games (we are there for a fortnight) I am sure my wife might become slightly suspicious that we seem to spend the first two weeks in April every year within driving distance of Miami, so I'm limiting myself to two.

 

So I'm asking the question:

 

Which Mets game should I go to? Friday, Saturday or Sunday?

 

Or does it matter?

 

Appreciate any advice, my yankee buddies.

 

 

 

I think it's awesome that you love the Marlins, and what a crazy coincedence......however, please don't call ever call me a yankee. :D

At least he didn't call you a septic.

I think you should go Friday and Saturday... because the Sunday heat will almost literally kill you. I'm skipping class on Friday just to make it down to Miami for the the game on Friday and Saturday before I have to come back up to g-ville... =[ I wish I could make it opening day but at least I'll get to watch the Marlins destroy the Mets!!!

i pick saturday because their have firework and concert after the game so be cool for you and your wife their will gave concert lineup for first part of season soon i think before fanfest saturday

  • Author

Looks like Saturday is the winner. I'll get tickets for me and my son on Opening Day, then for all four of us on Saturday for Super Saturday #1.

 

Any tips on where to sit? Last year I had club seats and ended up surrounded by Mets fans. Sitting there through Hendrickson's fourth was a particular pain.

 

Hope the rotation means I get to see JJ & Ricky.

 

Do the Marlins make any special considers for English dudes? Will they warm the beer if I ask nicely? What are the chances of their being a riot?

 

Do they so special "narrow seats", as obviously not being American my butt isn't three feet across.., :disco

Looks like Saturday is the winner. I'll get tickets for me and my son on Opening Day, then for all four of us on Saturday for Super Saturday #1.

 

Any tips on where to sit? Last year I had club seats and ended up surrounded by Mets fans. Sitting there through Hendrickson's fourth was a particular pain.

 

Hope the rotation means I get to see JJ & Ricky.

 

Do the Marlins make any special considers for English dudes? Will they warm the beer if I ask nicely? What are the chances of their being a riot?

 

Do they so special "narrow seats", as obviously not being American my butt isn't three feet across.., :disco

 

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal...=1&SRETRY=0

 

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~c...43920043~db=all

 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1170787.stm

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-...y-epidemic.html

 

I have three nutritionists in my family. The English are also suffering from obesity.

:lol this guy is one of my favorite posters. I really don't think it matters which of those games you go to, personally but I'd like to be there and buy a beer for possibly the only British Florida Marlin fan in the world.

 

You are like a one of a kind gem.

:lol this guy is one of my favorite posters. I really don't think it matters which of those games you go to, personally but I'd like to be there and buy a beer for possibly the only British Florida Marlin fan in the world.

 

You are like a one of a kind gem.

 

 

EXCUSE ME!!!! :blink:

:lol this guy is one of my favorite posters. I really don't think it matters which of those games you go to, personally but I'd like to be there and buy a beer for possibly the only British Florida Marlin fan in the world.

 

You are like a one of a kind gem.

 

 

EXCUSE ME!!!! :blink:

 

ha! Two of you! You gotta start using phrases like "our family vacation from jolly old England to your glorious and completely lovely United States of America and the wonderful state of Florida"

 

Are you in Scotland right now? I would so buy you a beer too, if you come to a Marlin's game.

:lol this guy is one of my favorite posters. I really don't think it matters which of those games you go to, personally but I'd like to be there and buy a beer for possibly the only British Florida Marlin fan in the world.

 

You are like a one of a kind gem.

 

 

EXCUSE ME!!!! :blink:

 

ha! Two of you! You gotta start using phrases like "our family vacation from jolly old England to your glorious and completely lovely United States of America and the wonderful state of Florida"

 

Are you in Scotland right now? I would so buy you a beer too, if you come to a Marlin's game.

 

Yup Im in Scotland just now. Lived here all 19 years of my life so far. I thought everyone here knew I was Scottish by now.......

 

Im

:lol this guy is one of my favorite posters. I really don't think it matters which of those games you go to, personally but I'd like to be there and buy a beer for possibly the only British Florida Marlin fan in the world.

 

You are like a one of a kind gem.

 

 

EXCUSE ME!!!! :blink:

 

ha! Two of you! You gotta start using phrases like "our family vacation from jolly old England to your glorious and completely lovely United States of America and the wonderful state of Florida"

 

Are you in Scotland right now? I would so buy you a beer too, if you come to a Marlin's game.

 

Yup Im in Scotland just now. Lived here all 19 years of my life so far. I thought everyone here knew I was Scottish by now.......

 

Im in Florida in July/August however nowhere near Miami. I think Im going to a Rays-Red Sox game at the Trop.

 

I can drive here but cant in America cos of the insurance or whatever, but if I could I would defo drive through to a Marlins game. Unfortunately I dont think my dad would be too keen on the several hour journey when the Rays stadium is within an hour of where we are staying

:lol this guy is one of my favorite posters. I really don't think it matters which of those games you go to, personally but I'd like to be there and buy a beer for possibly the only British Florida Marlin fan in the world.

 

You are like a one of a kind gem.

 

 

EXCUSE ME!!!! :blink:

 

ha! Two of you! You gotta start using phrases like "our family vacation from jolly old England to your glorious and completely lovely United States of America and the wonderful state of Florida"

 

Are you in Scotland right now? I would so buy you a beer too, if you come to a Marlin's game.

I second that. A long trip over the pond deserves a beer.

:lol this guy is one of my favorite posters. I really don't think it matters which of those games you go to, personally but I'd like to be there and buy a beer for possibly the only British Florida Marlin fan in the world.

 

You are like a one of a kind gem.

 

 

EXCUSE ME!!!! :blink:

 

ha! Two of you! You gotta start using phrases like "our family vacation from jolly old England to your glorious and completely lovely United States of America and the wonderful state of Florida"

 

Are you in Scotland right now? I would so buy you a beer too, if you come to a Marlin's game.

I second that. A long trip over the pond deserves a beer.

 

The problem is, while I can get absolutely hammered here, legally I cant drink in America lol, not that thats stopped me before

However rules/laws are there to be broken....... :whistle

:lol this guy is one of my favorite posters. I really don't think it matters which of those games you go to, personally but I'd like to be there and buy a beer for possibly the only British Florida Marlin fan in the world.

 

You are like a one of a kind gem.

 

 

EXCUSE ME!!!! :blink:

 

ha! Two of you! You gotta start using phrases like "our family vacation from jolly old England to your glorious and completely lovely United States of America and the wonderful state of Florida"

 

Are you in Scotland right now? I would so buy you a beer too, if you come to a Marlin's game.

I second that. A long trip over the pond deserves a beer.

 

The problem is, while I can get absolutely hammered here, legally I cant drink in America lol, not that thats stopped me before

However rules/laws are there to be broken....... :whistle

 

Haha, well in either case, I'd throw in a delicious Kosher Potato Knish.

  • Author

Looks like Saturday is the winner. I'll get tickets for me and my son on Opening Day, then for all four of us on Saturday for Super Saturday #1.

 

Any tips on where to sit? Last year I had club seats and ended up surrounded by Mets fans. Sitting there through Hendrickson's fourth was a particular pain.

 

Hope the rotation means I get to see JJ & Ricky.

 

Do the Marlins make any special considers for English dudes? Will they warm the beer if I ask nicely? What are the chances of their being a riot?

 

Do they so special "narrow seats", as obviously not being American my butt isn't three feet across.., :disco

 

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal...=1&SRETRY=0

 

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~c...43920043~db=all

 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1170787.stm

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-...y-epidemic.html

 

I have three nutritionists in my family. The English are also suffering from obesity.

 

http://www.howtorecogniseajoke.com

American's do not get British humour :D

Bah, you beat me to it.

 

 

That said, he should send that link to anyone who watches Little Britain, because they don't understand comedy either.

American's do not get British humour :D

Bah, you beat me to it.

 

 

That said, he should send that link to anyone who watches Little Britain, because they don't understand comedy either.

slow day at work... I am quick on the trigger :thumbup

  • Author

American's do not get British humour :D

Bah, you beat me to it.

That said, he should send that link to anyone who watches Little Britain, because they don't understand comedy either.

Little Britain is a documentary, not a comedy.

 

We've given you Ricky Gervais, Hugh Laurie and Eddie Izzard, all comedians. And what do you do? Make Gervais make terrible films with the likes of Ben Stiller and turn Laurie and Izzard into serious actors. Tsk.

 

At least we've sent you back Madonna now.

 

Here is an English joke, see if you get it:

 

Two fish in a tank. One says to the other: "How do you drive this thing?"

American's do not get British humour :D

Bah, you beat me to it.

That said, he should send that link to anyone who watches Little Britain, because they don't understand comedy either.

Little Britain is a documentary, not a comedy.

 

We've given you Ricky Gervais, Hugh Laurie and Eddie Izzard, all comedians. And what do you do? Make Gervais make terrible films with the likes of Ben Stiller and turn Laurie and Izzard into serious actors. Tsk.

 

At least we've sent you back Madonna now.

 

Here is an English joke, see if you get it:

 

Two fish in a tank. One says to the other: "How do you drive this thing?"

As far as Little Britain goes, god I hope not. In that case, I'm never making it over there.

 

 

Also, you don't have to convince me, I love British comedies. Fawlty Towers is my favorite show of all time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.