Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official NFL Free Agency/Off-Season Moves Thread

Featured Replies

So, lemme get this straight then...

 

Of the AFC North...

 

The Ravens already lost Bart Scott... and are probably going to lose Ray Lewis too...

 

The Browns already had Shaun Rogers (whom they blew last year's draft on), their best defensive player, arguably, tell them not to exercise his option and lost, probably, their best offensive player in Kellen Winslow.

 

The Bengals are eventually going to lose Houshmanzadeh, their most consistent offensive player and probably end up trading Ocho Cinco before it's all said and done.

 

As if that's not glorious enough... almost, if not all of those players, will be going to the NFC, weakening the AFC even more.

 

The Steelers have the following "major" FAs... Nate Washington... kind of a Chris Chambers type guy, but we have Sweed to replace him... Bryant McFadden, a 2-3 CB who could start for a mid-tier team, has 2 SB rings, so just wants money now... and James Farrior who will more than likely be resigned - if not, Admin Foote replaces and and Lawrence Timmons gets to start and show how really good he is.

 

All I want for Christmas now are some new O-Linemen in the draft... and maybe Leftwich to come back and play as backup again... if not, I'll be snagging his jersey on the sale rack for kicks.

My Dolphins wish list:

 

1. Re-sign Bell

2. Sign Julius Peppers

3. Draft Darius Hayward-Bay and/or trade for Anquan Boldin

 

 

I don't want Bay, 40 yard dash times are overrated and the man is a terrible route runner.

you need someone to throw to him. picks are undisclosed but its at least a 2nd and more

 

 

2nd and 2010 5th

Haynesworth to Skins for 100mil 7 yrs. :blink: :banghead

 

 

I am glad we secured DeAngelo Hall, though.

So, lemme get this straight then...

 

Of the AFC North...

 

The Ravens already lost Bart Scott... and are probably going to lose Ray Lewis too...

 

The Browns already had Shaun Rogers (whom they blew last year's draft on), their best defensive player, arguably, tell them not to exercise his option and lost, probably, their best offensive player in Kellen Winslow.

 

The Bengals are eventually going to lose Houshmanzadeh, their most consistent offensive player and probably end up trading Ocho Cinco before it's all said and done.

 

As if that's not glorious enough... almost, if not all of those players, will be going to the NFC, weakening the AFC even more.

 

The Steelers have the following "major" FAs... Nate Washington... kind of a Chris Chambers type guy, but we have Sweed to replace him... Bryant McFadden, a 2-3 CB who could start for a mid-tier team, has 2 SB rings, so just wants money now... and James Farrior who will more than likely be resigned - if not, Admin Foote replaces and and Lawrence Timmons gets to start and show how really good he is.

 

All I want for Christmas now are some new O-Linemen in the draft... and maybe Leftwich to come back and play as backup again... if not, I'll be snagging his jersey on the sale rack for kicks.

 

I hope he works on "ball control" this offseason

Seeing Fred Taylor in anything other than a Jags jersey makes me want to throw up. I'm truly sad right now. I wish him the best though, and I honestly think he's been one of the most underrated backs in the league for a long time.

Lito Sheppard to Jets? Jets just signed Cory Ivy to.

 

Big first day for gang green.

 

Bart Scott

Lito Sheppard

Cory Ivey

Re-sign Brandon Moore

 

Jim Leonard (Baltimore's safety) is visiting today and is expected to sign.

 

Great start for Rex Ryan.

My Dolphins wish list:

 

1. Re-sign Bell

2. Sign Julius Peppers

3. Draft Darius Hayward-Bay and/or trade for Anquan Boldin

 

 

I don't want Bay, 40 yard dash times are overrated and the man is a terrible route runner.

 

 

WR is one of the Fins biggest needs, if not the biggest. Their pick isn't high enough to get an elite receiver, but Bay is still a great playmaker. Plus, besides T.J., there aren't many good FA receivers. Unless we trade for one, which I don't think is that likely, we would need to draft one, and Bay would probably be the best option left on the table when the Fin's pick comes up.

Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel traded for the Chiefs 34th overall pick (2nd round). Now the Chiefs get to see how Cassel is really a sh*tty QB who thrived in the Pats system.

My Dolphins wish list:

 

1. Re-sign Bell

2. Sign Julius Peppers

3. Draft Darius Hayward-Bay and/or trade for Anquan Boldin

 

 

I don't want Bay, 40 yard dash times are overrated and the man is a terrible route runner.

 

 

WR is one of the Fins biggest needs, if not the biggest. Their pick isn't high enough to get an elite receiver, but Bay is still a great playmaker. Plus, besides T.J., there aren't many good FA receivers. Unless we trade for one, which I don't think is that likely, we would need to draft one, and Bay would probably be the best option left on the table when the Fin's pick comes up.

 

 

Hakeem Nicks would be a much better fit for the Fins. We need a possession reciever like Nicks to compliment Ginn.

Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel traded for the Chiefs 34th overall pick (2nd round). Now the Chiefs get to see how Cassel is really a sh*tty QB who thrived in the Pats system.

 

We'll find out...

My Dolphins wish list:

 

1. Re-sign Bell

2. Sign Julius Peppers

3. Draft Darius Hayward-Bay and/or trade for Anquan Boldin

 

 

I don't want Bay, 40 yard dash times are overrated and the man is a terrible route runner.

 

 

WR is one of the Fins biggest needs, if not the biggest. Their pick isn't high enough to get an elite receiver, but Bay is still a great playmaker. Plus, besides T.J., there aren't many good FA receivers. Unless we trade for one, which I don't think is that likely, we would need to draft one, and Bay would probably be the best option left on the table when the Fin's pick comes up.

 

 

Hakeem Nicks would be a much better fit for the Fins. We need a possession reciever like Nicks to compliment Ginn.

 

 

I would take speed and explosiveness over possession any time, and I wouldn't call a 4.49 explosive.

My Dolphins wish list:

 

1. Re-sign Bell

2. Sign Julius Peppers

3. Draft Darius Hayward-Bay and/or trade for Anquan Boldin

 

 

I don't want Bay, 40 yard dash times are overrated and the man is a terrible route runner.

 

 

WR is one of the Fins biggest needs, if not the biggest. Their pick isn't high enough to get an elite receiver, but Bay is still a great playmaker. Plus, besides T.J., there aren't many good FA receivers. Unless we trade for one, which I don't think is that likely, we would need to draft one, and Bay would probably be the best option left on the table when the Fin's pick comes up.

 

 

Hakeem Nicks would be a much better fit for the Fins. We need a possession reciever like Nicks to compliment Ginn.

 

 

I would take speed and explosiveness over possession any time, and I wouldn't call a 4.49 explosive.

 

 

I'll look at on field production last season over combine stats that are meaningless anyday.

Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel traded for the Chiefs 34th overall pick (2nd round). Now the Chiefs get to see how Cassel is really a sh*tty QB who thrived in the Pats system.

 

We'll find out...

 

While I do agree with Dim in that Cassell benefited EXTREMELY from learning that Patsies system for those few years, then jumping in and getting to throw from the shotgun all the time to Moss and Welker... I'll say this...

 

Heretofore in his career, Cassell sucks in anything but shotgun, he also won't have anywhere near the talent around him that he did in NE. That' being said, to get Cassel AND Vrabel for a second round pick is an absolute steal by my standards. As much a system QB as Cassell is, to get a young, starting caliber QB and a serviceable LB for just a 2rounder (given the KC 2nd rounder is as good as a late first rounder) is great, great value.

 

In addition to all this, I expect the Chiefs to trade Thigpen to the Bucs... I don't know quite why I expect that, but I do... which will help them recover that second round pick at that... great move by the Chiefs.

Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel traded for the Chiefs 34th overall pick (2nd round). Now the Chiefs get to see how Cassel is really a sh*tty QB who thrived in the Pats system.

 

We'll find out...

 

While I do agree with Dim in that Cassell benefited EXTREMELY from learning that Patsies system for those few years, then jumping in and getting to throw from the shotgun all the time to Moss and Welker... I'll say this...

 

Heretofore in his career, Cassell sucks in anything but shotgun, he also won't have anywhere near the talent around him that he did in NE. That' being said, to get Cassel AND Vrabel for a second round pick is an absolute steal by my standards. As much a system QB as Cassell is, to get a young, starting caliber QB and a serviceable LB for just a 2rounder (given the KC 2nd rounder is as good as a late first rounder) is great, great value.

 

In addition to all this, I expect the Chiefs to trade Thigpen to the Bucs... I don't know quite why I expect that, but I do... which will help them recover that second round pick at that... great move by the Chiefs.

 

Either that or his 1-5 record against playoff teams that year.

chiefs with a great trade

 

If they like washed-up linebackers and overrated quarterbacks. Which, I suppose, they do.

Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel traded for the Chiefs 34th overall pick (2nd round). Now the Chiefs get to see how Cassel is really a sh*tty QB who thrived in the Pats system.

 

We'll find out...

 

While I do agree with Dim in that Cassell benefited EXTREMELY from learning that Patsies system for those few years, then jumping in and getting to throw from the shotgun all the time to Moss and Welker... I'll say this...

 

Heretofore in his career, Cassell sucks in anything but shotgun, he also won't have anywhere near the talent around him that he did in NE. That' being said, to get Cassel AND Vrabel for a second round pick is an absolute steal by my standards. As much a system QB as Cassell is, to get a young, starting caliber QB and a serviceable LB for just a 2rounder (given the KC 2nd rounder is as good as a late first rounder) is great, great value.

 

In addition to all this, I expect the Chiefs to trade Thigpen to the Bucs... I don't know quite why I expect that, but I do... which will help them recover that second round pick at that... great move by the Chiefs.

 

Either that or his 1-5 record against playoff teams that year.

 

Its actually 2-4, but who's counting...

 

Lets also remember that Cassel got sacked more times than any qb in the nfl this past season. Lets also remember that the patriots didn't have a feature back this past season due to injuries. Those two factors probably forced the patriots to be in the shotgun most of the year.

 

Listen, I hate the patriots as much as the next guy, but his numbers speak for themselves: 21 tds, almost 3700 yards and just under a 90 qb rating. That was his first year of actually playing. And for those of you who are going to say the "patriot system"... well if that was true, wouldn't tom brady make the pro bowl every season then? According to sportsline, he's only made it 3 times in 8 years.

I almost jizzed when I saw the Buccs werent that far away from acquiring Cutler from Denver.

While I am ashamed by the way my team went about the whole Derrick Brooks situation a few days ago, I am taking to our new front office after getting Winslow, being linked with Cutler (always gonna be highly unlikely but now he is angry with the Broncos) and the outside possibility of signing TJ

Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel traded for the Chiefs 34th overall pick (2nd round). Now the Chiefs get to see how Cassel is really a sh*tty QB who thrived in the Pats system.

 

We'll find out...

 

While I do agree with Dim in that Cassell benefited EXTREMELY from learning that Patsies system for those few years, then jumping in and getting to throw from the shotgun all the time to Moss and Welker... I'll say this...

 

Heretofore in his career, Cassell sucks in anything but shotgun, he also won't have anywhere near the talent around him that he did in NE. That' being said, to get Cassel AND Vrabel for a second round pick is an absolute steal by my standards. As much a system QB as Cassell is, to get a young, starting caliber QB and a serviceable LB for just a 2rounder (given the KC 2nd rounder is as good as a late first rounder) is great, great value.

 

In addition to all this, I expect the Chiefs to trade Thigpen to the Bucs... I don't know quite why I expect that, but I do... which will help them recover that second round pick at that... great move by the Chiefs.

 

Either that or his 1-5 record against playoff teams that year.

 

Its actually 2-4, but who's counting...

 

Lets also remember that Cassel got sacked more times than any qb in the nfl this past season. Lets also remember that the patriots didn't have a feature back this past season due to injuries. Those two factors probably forced the patriots to be in the shotgun most of the year.

 

Listen, I hate the patriots as much as the next guy, but his numbers speak for themselves: 21 tds, almost 3700 yards and just under a 90 qb rating. That was his first year of actually playing. And for those of you who are going to say the "patriot system"... well if that was true, wouldn't tom brady make the pro bowl every season then? According to sportsline, he's only made it 3 times in 8 years.

 

 

Five times in eight years, from '01-'08, in which he was the starter in all of them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.