Pudge over Redmond tonight....

Pudge vs. Glavine: Manager Jeff Torborg knows catcher Mike Redmond has a.538 career batting average (21-for-39) against Tom Glavine -- the highest against Glavine among players with at least 15 at-bats. However, Ivan Rodriguez is hitting.375 with two home runs and nine RBI in his first eight games with the Marlins.

That's why Torborg is leaning toward starting Rodriguez today, even though Rodriguez has never batted against the left-hander.

"Redmond is so good for us, but how do you take this guy out of the lineup unless it's a rest factor with a short night? That's tough to do. He's a force,'' Torborg said. "If it was a day game. it'd have been perfect.''

I agree with Das- this is complete idiocy. It's not like Mike Redmond is 1-2 against him- he's 21-39. Most of his home runs come off left-handers, anyway. So "Pudge" has walked a few times in the past few games... I believe that in this case Redmond's history comes before Rodriguez.

of course the thing is.....

torborg has no clue how to properly manage his roster....

so its not like i would be shocked to see him screw things up once more.....

not only in this situation...but various other situations....

as seen in the past.

Guest Guest

Pudge is the star, and he's doing great but Redmond almost always gets a hit or two off Glavine. Use this as a extra day off for Pudge and start Redmond. I don't agree with Torborg.

for once, I agree with AJ on this....

you may disagree with this move, but to say it is idiocy, is idiocy

let me guess, if Andy Fox was 21-39 off a pitcher, but we had ARod, you would gladly bench ARod?

come on

catcher takes much more of a physical effort than shortstop.

you have to find ways to give your catcher days off whenever possible.

this is a very good reason and a good excuse to give pudge one of those day's off that catchers need throughout the season.

yeah i know...its only april.

and???

I think this is a very tough decision for torborg. IMO if the Marlins had won the first game of this series Redmond would be out there, but seeing the club can't lose back to back home series. torborg is saying if I'm going down I'm going down with his best out there.