Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Odd Couple 2009 edition

Featured Replies

one's a conservative Mormon, who doesn't drink, smoke or swear...

one's a rowdy redneck who gets beaten up and tasered by cops chasing him while running from a DUI...

 

but together, they are...

 

 

cue the iconic theme song...

 

 

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/conte...6marlbrite.html

 

Monday, April 06, 2009

 

MIAMI GARDENS ? Marlins closer Matt Lindstrom moved into his new condo Monday with some help from his new landlord - former teammate Scott Olsen.

 

"He's my landlord. Isn't that weird?" Lindstrom said.

 

 

Olsen, who is starting for Washington tonight in his first game against Florida, is staying with Lindstrom this week at the condo that Olsen owns in Aventura.

 

Lindstrom corrected a reporter on his living arrangement with Olsen: "He's going to stay at my place while he's in town because I'm the one paying!"

 

Olsen, who now lives in Arlington, Va., said he never thought about selling his waterfront condo when the Marlins traded him over the winter to Washington.

 

Now Lindstrom has a place close to Dolphin Stadium and a landlord who can relate to the life of a baseball player.

 

"It's helping us both out," Lindstrom said. "It's pretty much paying for his mortgage so he doesn't have to during the

 

 

season, But he's not really making any money off of it. Plus he knows I keep stuff nice."

Yeah. I believe he had to do his 2-year mission like Mormons do, and that's a big part of why he is a bit older. If he didn't go away for two years he might well have been a better prospect even sooner.

Wow,

 

I can add him to the list of players for my friend Mike the Mormon to root for.

 

Now if only he'll ever start talking to me again.

 

the List

 

Michael Mormon- Punter

Kyle Turley

Matt Lindstrom

Isn't JJ a Mormon too?

I don't believe so... Never heard anything about it.

 

 

hmm you're probably right. I thought I remember hearing that. maybe I confused him with Lindstrom

Wow,

 

I can add him to the list of players for my friend Mike the Mormon to root for.

 

Now if only he'll ever start talking to me again.

 

the List

 

Michael Mormon- Punter

Kyle Turley

Matt Lindstrom

 

Also, John Beck.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.