June 4, 200917 yr Why not? Im not sure on how much money he would want so maybe that would be a reason but from what I have heard he has worked very hard to get back into shape. He can bring veteran leadership and you know he is going to come in and throw strikes which is what the marlins starters have struggled with. I would LOVE to add glavine and you know he would be hyped up to pitch against the braves who screwed him over. just my thoughts
June 4, 200917 yr Why not? Im not sure on how much money he would want so maybe that would be a reason but from what I have heard he has worked very hard to get back into shape. He can bring veteran leadership and you know he is going to come in and throw strikes which is what the marlins starters have struggled with. I would LOVE to add glavine and you know he would be hyped up to pitch against the braves who screwed him over. just my thoughts Selfishly, I think it would be cool to see him in a Marlins uniform. But realistically, I don't know if he has much to offer on the mound (I acknowledge that he would have plenty to offer our young pitching staff in terms of guiding them along).
June 4, 200917 yr Why not? Because he's an old, injury prone has-been. No thanks He's a good #5. I'd say he isn't injury prone since he's really only been injured twice in his entire career. Guy is a 200+ IP machine even in his 40's. Yeah, he's probably putting up an upper 4, lower 5 ERA. But he atleast gives 6 IP each time and is left handed. Wouldn't mind putting andrew in the minors, even anibal in the minors, ect
June 4, 200917 yr I'd imagine he will be picky as to where he goes. If I was him, I'd want a decent shot at another ring - Not sure FLA would be attractive in that regard.
June 4, 200917 yr he said boston was his 1st choice also with anibal coming back from injury and ricky most likely coming up later i don't see any room in the rotation for him and i doubt he'd want to be a reliever.
June 4, 200917 yr These Holliday and Glavine threads are hilarious. We are about to rid ourselves of half the team and rebuild yet some people want 40 year olds and over-rated players that were the result of Coors.
June 4, 200917 yr Author These Holliday and Glavine threads are hilarious. We are about to rid ourselves of half the team and rebuild yet some people want 40 year olds and over-rated players that were the result of Coors. why would he give up half are players to get glavine? hes a free-agent
June 4, 200917 yr These Holliday and Glavine threads are hilarious. We are about to rid ourselves of half the team and rebuild yet some people want 40 year olds and over-rated players that were the result of Coors. If we're rebuilding, Glavine is exactly the kind of arm we need.
June 4, 200917 yr These Holliday and Glavine threads are hilarious. We are about to rid ourselves of half the team and rebuild yet some people want 40 year olds and over-rated players that were the result of Coors. Holliday no, but Glavine would be a great stopgap. Should be cheap, won't cost us any players.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.