Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rich Waltz walk off calls ....

Featured Replies

I've noticed throughout this season that ESPN loves Rich Waltz walk off calls. I think we've only had about 5 this year, but everytime I watch sportscenter after the Marlins have a walk off, sportscenter will almost always include it in their intro with the Rich Waltz call. I love it. It'll also almost always be either the top 1 or 2 plays on sportscenter. They don't do it for every team. THat's why I was kind of surprised they used the Orioles broadcast on sportscenter to show yesterdays walk off and not the Marlins.

 

I've always wondered how ESPN picks what teams broadcast to use when showing the highlights. Does anyone know ??

I've always wondered how ESPN picks what teams broadcast to use when showing the highlights. Does anyone know ??

 

Probably whichever provides the soundbite that is better/more exciting/more interesting.

I love the excitement that Rich and Tommy bring to the booth. They add to the exhilaration of seeing the team pull out a dramatic win, and they are especially refreshing when you are watching by yourself and don't have anyone to share the victory with.

I love the excitement that Rich and Tommy bring to the booth. They add to the exhilaration of seeing the team pull out a dramatic win, and they are especially refreshing when you are watching by yourself and don't have anyone to share the victory with.

 

 

Yes, I agree with your sentiments in your last sentence as I live in Illinois and have never actually met another Marlin fan before...strange isn't it?

Yes, I agree with your sentiments in your last sentence as I live in Illinois and have never actually met another Marlin fan before...strange isn't it?

 

 

We're out there! Ya just gotta look hard for us!

I would love to have Gary Thorne as our play by play announcer. His voice awesome during hockey games and he is also the play by play announcer for the Orioles. But i still like Rich, even though sometimes he and Tommy have some cheesy comments.

  • Author

I love the excitement that Rich and Tommy bring to the booth. They add to the exhilaration of seeing the team pull out a dramatic win, and they are especially refreshing when you are watching by yourself and don't have anyone to share the victory with.

 

 

Yes, I agree with your sentiments in your last sentence as I live in Illinois and have never actually met another Marlin fan before...strange isn't it?

 

 

Same here, I've lived in California all my life and have never met another marlins fan. I've watched both world series bymyself. I have MLB Extra Innings and pretty much have watched every game alone. I wish I had a fellow Marlins fan friend .... it would be nice.

I love the excitement that Rich and Tommy bring to the booth. They add to the exhilaration of seeing the team pull out a dramatic win, and they are especially refreshing when you are watching by yourself and don't have anyone to share the victory with.

 

 

Yes, I agree with your sentiments in your last sentence as I live in Illinois and have never actually met another Marlin fan before...strange isn't it?

 

 

Same here, I've lived in California all my life and have never met another marlins fan. I've watched both world series bymyself. I have MLB Extra Innings and pretty much have watched every game alone. I wish I had a fellow Marlins fan friend .... it would be nice.

 

I'm a big marlins fan in Cali, i'm in northern Cali though. A city called Redding, not sure if you've heard of it. I'll be at all three games of the giants marlins series, will you be there?

i don't have any marlins fans friends, but have met many just by going to road games

 

last season there was a cody ross cheering section that made their way over from NM, so that was kind of cool

 

i'm not that hot on the marlins radio team though

If I heard correctly, I think they got Emilios' Smash and grab too on sportscenter. That call was great Live. Was it tommy?

that is very weird you need to come to a game down here and meet another marlins fan.

 

 

I know. I was going to come to the St. Louis series in SoFla this year, but didn't have the money. I'm hoping for a trip down there in the coming years. I will, without a doubt be down there for a series in 2012!

i don't have any marlins fans friends, but have met many just by going to road games

 

last season there was a cody ross cheering section that made their way over from NM, so that was kind of cool

 

i'm not that hot on the marlins radio team though

 

 

Neither am I. But we seem to be in the minority. They're not too bad if you aren't at the game and can actually see the mistakes they continually make, although they can get a bit confusing at times.

i don't have any marlins fans friends, but have met many just by going to road games

 

last season there was a cody ross cheering section that made their way over from NM, so that was kind of cool

 

i'm not that hot on the marlins radio team though

 

 

Neither am I. But we seem to be in the minority. They're not too bad if you aren't at the game and can actually see the mistakes they continually make, although they can get a bit confusing at times.

Well, if you aren't at the game and can see the mistakes, why are you listening to the radio team?

 

Edit: Ah, I see what you were saying, nevermind.

As much as I like this duo, nothing will ever beat the line of...

 

"The Marlins are in the WIN column!!!!".....classic

i don't have any marlins fans friends, but have met many just by going to road games

 

last season there was a cody ross cheering section that made their way over from NM, so that was kind of cool

 

i'm not that hot on the marlins radio team though

 

 

Neither am I. But we seem to be in the minority. They're not too bad if you aren't at the game and can actually see the mistakes they continually make, although they can get a bit confusing at times.

 

you ever do baseball on the radio? It's one of the most challenging things I've ever done.

nope - but i've listened to many professionals do it, these guys just seem to fall a little short

 

the guy who sounds younger at least seems entertaining, although often times it seems he doesn't speak all that much

 

the old guy is a bit brutal

 

maybe they'll grow on me as my sample size is small, but on a couple of occasions I've flipped over to the other team feed to figure out what was going on

 

not a whole lot of excitement in their calls and they seems to get confused and then just pause on a topic while trying to figure it out

  • Author

I love the excitement that Rich and Tommy bring to the booth. They add to the exhilaration of seeing the team pull out a dramatic win, and they are especially refreshing when you are watching by yourself and don't have anyone to share the victory with.

 

 

Yes, I agree with your sentiments in your last sentence as I live in Illinois and have never actually met another Marlin fan before...strange isn't it?

 

 

Same here, I've lived in California all my life and have never met another marlins fan. I've watched both world series bymyself. I have MLB Extra Innings and pretty much have watched every game alone. I wish I had a fellow Marlins fan friend .... it would be nice.

 

I'm a big marlins fan in Cali, i'm in northern Cali though. A city called Redding, not sure if you've heard of it. I'll be at all three games of the giants marlins series, will you be there?

 

 

Oh I'm there for sure no doubt. I live in the Bay Area in Hayward. It's about 20 min away from San Francisco. Yeah, I've definitley heard of Redding. It's off of the 505 right. Whenever I go to Cache Creek in Brooks I always see the sign for Redding. I'll definitely see you there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.